1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

President Trump

Discussion in 'Debates' started by creepersareokay, Nov 8, 2016.

?

How Will Trump Do In Office?

1. Good, mang

44.2%
  2. Not so good, mang

55.8%
  1. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

Meh, that's debatable. It can certainly be argued that being a good person in general is fulfilling God's will in the world, and living out what Christ taught. So as long as you're not a crappy human being, you will be saved.

I'll stop now because I'm starting to sound preachy, which I definitely want to avoid.

2. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

I believe there is a god, I dont believe the entire universe came to be by a "poof" and thats it. I pray, idk what im praying to but I pray. If I were to compare my belief to another religion it would be a Christian stand point, but im still learning. I dont know what I truly am, my faith is strong but not strong enough to say "Im a Christian".

No it isn't, It is against U.S law if she were being paid, its against U.S law if he were promoting her to the top position, she's his assistant, big deal, stop making a fuss to make him look bad because you've run out of ideas.

When have I ever said that I dont believe in gay marriage? When have I ever said gay people shouldn't have the same freedom? I do believe I said I am neither for or against gay marriage, but if a court wants to deny a gay person a marriage license it is their right to do so, I also have never said that gay people are not human and shouldn't receive the same freedoms as me.

Because god himself said "if you have a bunch of money you are going to hell" right? lol seriously, this could be the stupidest thing you have said. What god means in this is "a greedy person" Trump is not greedy at all, he is very giving. I believe Trump will go to heaven, however that is not for me to decide.

@Deinen I ask that you stop making things up about me and telling half truths. Please.

I will gladly talk religion with you in a different thread or in private message, however this is the wrong debate for that one!

3. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

5 U.S. Code § 3110 (US Law)

A public official may not appoint, employ, promote, advance, or advocate for appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement, in or to a civilian position in the agency in which he is serving or over which he exercises jurisdiction or control any individual who is a relative of the public official. An individual may not be appointed, employed, promoted, or advanced in or to a civilian position in an agency if such appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement has been advocated by a public official, serving in or exercising jurisdiction or control over the agency, who is a relative of the individual.

To translate, public officials aren't allowed to hire their relatives to the federal agencies in which they work. Obviously Trump has clearly disregarded this, in clear violation of US law.

4. cnkropp

cnkropp Popular Meeper

Here's a couple of examples:

5. Blue_Marlin

Well what do ya know! A federal judge ruled in that case the anti-nepotism law doesn't apply to White House staff jobs.

@cnkropp where in my posts that you quoted did i say i do not believe in gay marriage?

6. cnkropp

cnkropp Popular Meeper

I mean in the first you said that the gay marriage law needs to be changed. In the second quote you say that you are taking away power from the courts and giving it to the gay people, being the right to marriage which they were lawfully given.

If we are going to play the "where does it directly say it" game again I see no point in arguing because we will be here forever.

7. Blue_Marlin

@cnkropp we would be here forever because you'd argue saying I said "I dont agree with gay marriage" when I did not say that, on top of the fact I have said many times "I do not agree or disagree with gay marriage" and that has nothing to do with my religious views.

That gay marriage law does need to be changed, changed as in "if a court does not want to issue a gay couple a marriage license then they should be allowed to deny the gay couple one" and for your second thought, You are taking the courts religious freedom and giving it to a gay couple and last, they were just "lawfully" given the right to marry in 2015, so whats the problem? How about we make it so no court in California can deny a gay person a marriage license?

8. cnkropp

cnkropp Popular Meeper

While you may not have said directly that you are against gay marriage, and I can't argue that, you have said that they shouldn't receive the same freedoms as you by saying a court has the right to deny a marriage license to a gay couple.
    For example:
    That is literally denying gay people the right to marriage therefore contradicting your statement:

9. Blue_Marlin

I could careless if Bob and Rob get married HOWEVER! I believe that if a court wants to deny any gay person a marriage license they have that right. Gay people should have the same rights as I do, as they do. However, if a court wants to deny a gay couple a marriage license for being gay. The court also has that right. I believe marriage is between man and woman however many disagree. again, this has nothing to do with my religious views.

Now @cnkropp back to Trump, shall we?

10. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

So you support a court's decision to deny a marriage license to a man and woman as well, then, correct?
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 30, 2017 ---
    I mean, Jesus did speak Matthew 19:24, according to the Holy Bible.

It was in response to a rich man asking Jesus what he had to do to get to Heaven.

Courts don't have rights and acknowledging a gay person's inherent equality of rights as any other American isn't taking away "rights" from anyone else.

People working in the courts have the religion freedom to practice their religion, which does not include forcing their worldviews on others, which is exactly what you're talking about.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  11. Imperfectly

Imperfectly Celebrity Meeper

Trump and Hilary both suck.
    I would know because I passed by legal studies test today.

Smart ideas

12. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

I'm atheist and I don't care much about religion but

@Blue_marlin98 I thought you were drunk because you have stated your opinion against a well known fact that Catholicism is a division of Christianity.

Please do not take the victim card you are getting really annoying

13. Blue_Marlin

@Natsu lol I'm not playing the victim card? Y'all make you snobby comments and expect me to sit there and take it, Deinen literally lied about stuff I said a page or so back.

@fasehed I think you need a new, news source.

14. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

you confused buddy catholics basically worship the virgin mary
    Source: I am a (bad) catholic

15. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

@Blue_marlin98

You're using hyperbolic rhetoric about me "lying". If you support a county clerk's decision to deny a gay couple a marriage license, then clearly that isn't the same inherent rights anyone else enjoys. Using this logic I am inferring you are against gay marriage otherwise you wouldn't support that action.

But, moving back on to Trump, I have a nice and easy yes/no question for you:

Do you believe Donald Trump has lied during his campaign or in Presidency?

16. Blue_Marlin

Lied, no. BS'd yes.

17. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

What is the difference?

Donald J. Trump on Twitter

"Did Crooked Hillary help disgusting (check out sex tape and past) Alicia M become a U.S. citizen so she could use her in the debate?"
    - His tweet

When asked about this during the second debate by Anderson Cooper, he says this:

-- Is this not a lie?

Pmx728 and metr0n0me like this.
  18. Blue_Marlin

Can you post the video again, please. For some reason I can't access it.

19. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Xenforo is not liking just a youtube link

https://www.you
    tube.com/watch?v=rNViBPEBjt4

*Combine both above lines for youtube video link

20. Blue_Marlin

So to start, that wasn't a fair debate as both Anderson and Martha are against Trump. Hmmm, weird how that happened. Second, sorry I thought ment "has Trump ever lied about something that is relevant" but clearly you ment every white lie he said, ooo ya caught him. Haha