1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

President Trump

Discussion in 'Debates' started by creepersareokay, Nov 8, 2016.

?

How Will Trump Do In Office?

1. Good, mang

44.2%
  2. Not so good, mang

55.8%
  1. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

They would either be considered Protestant or Catholic. From what I've seen though, most consider themselves Catholic but not Roman Catholic.

2. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

Anyways! back to President Trump lol I think we got a little off topic here xD

3. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

It seems here that you want to separate Christianity (which in itself is many sects and doesn't have a 'pure' form as all sects would like to state that that title belongs to them) and Catholicism, which is a form of the former.

SuperDyl and Erebus45 like this.
  4. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

5. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

Wrong. Catholics believe in the Virgin Birth, just like other Christians. Furthermore they believe that Mary was sinless, since Jesus was perfect Mary (his mother) also needed to be free from sin.

SuperDyl likes this.
  6. cnkropp

cnkropp Popular Meeper

Pmx728 likes this.
  7. metr0n0me

Generally, they consider themselves Protestant, along with Episcopalians. (Episcopalians are the American version of Anglicans, everything is essentially the same except we sing the National Anthem on the Sunday closest to July 4th, and ordain gay ministers).

In the Nicene Creed, one of the phrases is "we believe in the holy catholic church," which seems to cause quite a bit of confusion. However, "catholic," with a lower case c, simply means the union of all believers in Christ, not the actual Catholic church. *edit*: Though, you do have a point in that the liturgies of the Catholic Church and the Anglican/Episcopal Churches are very similar. They share basically the same prayers and things, and if you're Catholic and walk into an Episcopal church, you'd know everything that's going on (and vice versa).

Source: am Episcopalian but go to a Catholic school where I attend Catholic Mass.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 29, 2017 ---
    CARM (the source you cited) isn't something that's generally considered authoritative by the greater religious community. Like a lot of other fundamentalist evangelical organizations, they cherrypick verses from the Bible to support their fallacious viewpoints, which I would argue are un-Christian.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Pmx728 and Erebus45 like this.
  8. Blue_Marlin

Catholics do not believe that she is equal to god or Jesus Christ himself. As many Christians do.

I must be drunk because im voicing my opinion and going against what you say!

Well to start, Trump has not signed it, lets just clarify that right now.
    Also, it wont really change much, considering they can legally do that right now. They just dont. Also, you can opt-out of it if you want to, you just have to read the fine print (you know the one thats hard to find) but Obamas bill wasn't going to take place until the end of this year so technically speaking it wont change from the way it is now and has been since the internets been out. Therefore i am not for or against it. I have nothing to hide in my search history. If you are worried about "being exposed" then your probably googling things you shouldn't be. Let alone the fact that they aren't going to say to all of America "Hey Jack Sparrow from New Jersey googled about pet llamas in sailor outfits" for example.

9. metr0n0me

Wrong again.

A fundamental component of Christianity is the Trinity, in that God is Three in One--God encompasses the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit--no more, no less. All three of them are at once God, and God is also at once the three of them.

Saying that Mary is equal to God or Jesus Christ implies that she *is* God, which is simply un-Christian at its core.

With regards to Mary, the difference between most Protestants and Catholics is that Catholics venerate Mary because she's sinless and was the mother of Jesus Christ, while Protestants believe that only God could be sinless (because Mary's human and thus inherently encompasses original sin), so Mary must be sinful (i.e. only Jesus was perfect).

Regardless, Christians do not believe that Mary is equal to God.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 30, 2017 ---
    See, this attitude is a huge issue that's prevalent among many conservative politicians.

The government has no business to be looking into my private stuff. The Fourth Amendment protects my rights to privacy, and it's not the government's role at all to be spying on its own citizens. If the government has the right to spy on peoples' search history for "antiterrorism purposes," what convinces you that 10 years down the road, it uses it to crack down on political dissent?

Look at how China is using internet surveillance to essentially squash all political dissent. It's a little bit of a slippery slope, but do you want the government banning viewpoints it doesn't like and arresting people who search "bad things" on the internet?

BlackJack, Pmx728 and Erebus45 like this.
  10. Blue_Marlin

Then why do they pray to her?

Anyways, this is not a religious thread, back to Trump shall we?
    The government does have the right to watch what you do, its called safety. Now the government does not have the right to tap into your private at home conversations via a recording device attached to a phone, computer, tv etc etc, does not have the right to video you via a phone camera or computer camera.

11. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

How Does HR 610 Affect Special Education? It Would Undo 50 Years Of Protections

Ivanka Trump has a new title at the White House

5 U.S. Code § 3110 - Employment of relatives; restrictions

(b) A public official may not appoint, employ, promote, advance, or advocate for appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement, in or to a civilian position in the agency in which he is serving or over which he exercises jurisdiction or control any individual who is a relative of the public official. An individual may not be appointed, employed, promoted, or advanced in or to a civilian position in an agency if such appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement has been advocated by a public official, serving in or exercising jurisdiction or control over the agency, who is a relative of the individual.

Pmx728 and metr0n0me like this.
  12. metr0n0me

They honor her because Mary made the conscious choice to give birth to Jesus through the Virgin Birth; i.e. she had enough faith in God to risk her life (remember, she wasn't married yet and having a baby without being married was literally a death sentence back then) to obey God.

13. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I do find it amusing to have the position of being against gays due to God and stuff, and then not even knowing anything about Christian history.

Often times it seems positions taken due to Jesus is usually the exact opposite of what Jesus would do.

14. metr0n0me

I think you're the one who doesn't know anything about religion, not us.

Seriously, you need to learn to know what you're talking about before you talk about it.

To quote the Bible,

"Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble."

--Proverbs 21:23
    Hey, I'm really sorry, but where did he say this? I tried scanning through all 51 pages of this to look for it, but I couldn't really find it before I got tired of looking.

Is there like a search function on here where you can enter keywords to search a thread?

flabbadoodle and Pmx728 like this.
  15. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Don't forget these:

No man can serve two masters: for either he. will hate the one, and love the other; or else. he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Matthew 6:24

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Matthew 19:24
    Eh it's more indirect

He's for the courts not being obligated by law due to religious reasons

He is a Christian

He is against gays

it all kinda gets put together

16. metr0n0me

Oh alright. thanks.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2017 ---
    lol

>claims to be Christian
    >thinks that Christians believe that Virgin Mary = God
    >thinks Catholics aren't Christians

He's managed to get say things to get both Biblical literalists/religious fundamentalists and super liberal Christians mad.

BlackJack, Pmx728 and Erebus45 like this.
  17. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Good news though

Means Trump is goin to hell.

Pmx728 and metr0n0me like this.
  18. Blue_Marlin

Your point? It would be different if she was receiving a 6 figure salary, however she is giving her time and free labor to the president to help serve and run this great country.

When have I ever said I was against gays?

You didn't find it because its not there. I have nothing against a gay person, if Deinen actually read what I wrote and didn't put words in my mouth lol thank you Deinen for completely making up a lie.

If you have read what I wrote many times not just on this thread but other threads you would know that although I see things more as a christian I am not a religious person, here is another lie, because I am not a "Christian".

I do not claim to be a Christian.

That is gods decision and saying that is a sin, maybe you'll be the one going there?

19. metr0n0me

Do you think you can explain? I'm really interested in your perspective.

20. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I guess that it's against current U.S Law?

You're against them getting married so inherently you don't want them to receive the same freedoms as everyone else. I don't know how else to classify it other than being against them?

Hey, I'm just pointing out what the Bible says. Trump is rich, and the bible says it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man into heaven.

If there is a hell, I'll 100% be going there because I don't accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. Good thing there isn't a hell. :)

Pmx728 and Erebus45 like this.