1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

President Trump

Discussion in 'Debates' started by creepersareokay, Nov 8, 2016.

?

How Will Trump Do In Office?

1. Good, mang

44.2%
  2. Not so good, mang

55.8%
  1. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

Not

Please tell me you dont think Catholics and Christians are the same thing....

Where in here has it said a Christian killed someone? let alone killing them for not being Christian, I read in your source where people killed other religious people.

Ill agree with you on this point, we may know a lot but there is still a lot we dont know.

I dont think I understand what you are saying here,
    Are you saying Muslims are brainwashed into doing his slave work? (i dont think you are) but can you please re-word this statement because I think I might agree with you, maybe.

I am not trying to put them together here at all, I see where you were misguided by my statement though, let me reword it.
    So what I was trying to say was that these countries have done some bad things to other countries (not just America) which is why I believe Obama marked them as a "potential threat" because even though they weren't harming us right then and there, who's to say they wouldn't harm us in the future, with their history. Ya feel me?
    So then I tied that into Trump, I believe Trump also thinks that because of their history with other countries that they were a threat to America, lets be honest though, Obama may have been okay with the transition but Obamas transition team sucked at it. I believe Obamas list was part of why Trump froze those countries but it certainly wasn't all of it. Islamic people has tried to do many things to America.
    I also saw an analogy with snakes, basically saying if all the snakes look the same but only 10 out of the 100 will bite you, how do you know which ones are gonna bite? Same with the Islamic people, not all islamic people are bad but how do you know which ones are terrorists if they all look the same? Thats why we need more border control over those countries.

How is that not relevant? That guy has literally lived in those countries, have you even listed any of the 7 on that first list? let alone lived there.

Yes, every race and religion has an idiot in it somewhere.

Yes it was, Hillary Clinton did something illegal and admitted to it as a "mistake" and brushed it off, if Trump were the one that deleted all the emails half the nation would still be protesting about locking him up, but poof Hillary got away with it.
    Also, Trump has nothing to hide, the Anti-Trump people are the ones trying to get him impeached so they will find every little thing wrong with the guy. As far as that goes, nothing has been found and the investigation isn't over, until its over ill keep my opinion out of it. In the mean time, Ill still support MY PRESIDENT!
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 29, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 29, 2017 ---
    I believe I have countered many arguments, he made a comment on "Muslims being a religion of peace" and I rebutted saying they werent, please explain to me how that is complete nonsense?

2. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

They are the same thing.............

Catholics are Christians.

Natsu, qazini, Deinen and 2 others like this.
  3. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

Hmm it didn't seem like you had much support for Obama, or was he not your president?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    Pmx728, metr0n0me and Erebus45 like this.
  4. cnkropp

cnkropp Popular Meeper

Can confirm.

Source:

5. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

Hey guys, lets compare Ronald Regan to Alexander Hamilton! Won't that be a swell idea!
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 29, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 29, 2017 ---
    Honestly its almost the same, the only difference is Christians are followers of Jesus

6. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Interesting fact:

Jesus, the dudeman you worship, had 12 dudemans with him who liked liked him

One was named Peter

Peter founded the Catholic Church

7. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

er...Catholics are also followers of Jesus too

8. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Nope.

Catholicism is the following of the Catholic church and its divisions of the Roman Catholic Church to some extent.
    Catholicism is a division of Christianity, so they cannot be compared. It's like trying to compare Texans and Americans. Texas is in America!

Christianity is a monotheistic religion established by Jesus Christ, which has many branches such as Catholicism, Orthodoxy, and Protestantism.

SuperDyl, qazini and Pmx728 like this.
  9. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Catholics are Christians, but not Christians are Catholic.

Christian means you believe in Jesus Christ, as described in the Bible, Catholicism is a specific religion which is Christian but doesn't do everything the same way other Christian churches do.

10. Blue_Marlin

Yall have got to be kidding me, I now know none of you (including the people who liked these posts) are religious or know anything about religion. Im not a huge religious person as im learning but I can assure you Catholics and Christians are NOT the same.
    Are Roman Catholicism and Christianity the same thing? | carm

You have been nothing but rude to me this entire time, you say im an idiot, but you are the one who honestly believes Catholics and Christians are the same thing. lolololol

Who was it earlier that said I just yelled out random things, hmmm,

"almost" the same thing and "the same thing" are 2 different things.

Donald Trump? KKK speeches? lol what?

Obama was my president, im not a democratic liberal cry baby on welfare yelling in the streets "he's not my president" wether i like him or not, that does not mean he isn't my president. I dont like some of my teachers and their teaching styles, does that mean they aren't my teacher? lol be for real sir,

Yeah, to an extent I agree.

It is not the "same" jesus, its kinda hard to explain, although it is kind of the same jesus its also not. Idk its really hard to explain.

11. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

Catholicism is a sect of Christianity, same as Protestantism and Orthodoxy. They are all Christians, but have different beliefs and ideas and specific rituals as to how it all works, which is why they are considered separate. The group doesn't divide into Catholics and Christians, as Catholics are Christians. There is not set Christian belief, it's divided into many sects.

You can find major differences as well as small disputes that forced these divides, but they're all based off of different interpretations of the bible and accepting/denying certain texts and passages.

metr0n0me, Natsu and Erebus45 like this.
  12. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

@Blue_marlin98 There are three types of Christians. There are the Orthodox, Catholics, and Protestants. They worship the same God and same Jesus. The difference between the groups is how they believe you get in to Heaven.

Pmx728 likes this.
  13. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

You confused me @Blue_marlin98 . I'll try again.

*A Christian believes in Jesus Christ as in the Bible.
    *Catholics believe in Jesus Christ, making all Catholics Christians.
    *Catholics are not the only Christians, which is why Catholic and Christian are not synonyms. Others who are Christians are Protestants and Orthodoxies.

Also, please don't assume I'm not religious. That means I have failed in "letting [my] light so shine, that men might see [my] good works." I am religious, in fact LDS.

metr0n0me and Erebus45 like this.
  14. qazini

There are more sects than that, like Eastern Orthodox for example, or Methodists or Presbyterians, as well as the Anglican church. Also, there are many more divides than how they get to heaven. It has a lot to do with control and monarchy (Anglican church came about cause Henry VIII was refused another divorce by the Roman Catholic Pope, so he created a whole new sect for England) and different regions. I'm not extremely educated about religion, but I know my basics, and there is a lot of tiny differences you can find between sects (Orthodox churches don't have seating as a rule for example).

SuperDyl likes this.
  15. Erebus45

I know there are a ton of denominations but most of the ones you named fall under the Protestant category. The three main types of Christianity are Orthodox, Protestant(Methodist, Baptist, etc), and Catholic.

qazini likes this.
  16. Blue_Marlin

@SuperDyl I am not saying "you" are not a religious person, im implying saying that Christians and Catholics are very very different and are not the same thing. For example, Catholics dont believe in the virgin Mary.
    @Qazini you seem educated enough, i am not denying the fact that they have similar beliefs, if you get real technical ALL religions are similar, they all have a god, they all believe their religion is the right religion, they all believe if are "sinning" if you dont believe in that religion and most religions pray for you to "see the light" (not the light of death but the light of the religion) except Muslims where they just come right out and kill you, we wont talk about that though. @Erebus45 same for you, they ALL tie into each other but they are ALL very different, for anyone to say "If you are Christian you are Catholic" is false and I cannot believe that they actually think that.

Example: All teachers have the same profession, they are all teachers, is a math and reading teacher the same?
    Yes: Because they are both teaching people.
    No: Because they are teaching very different subjects.
    You see, teachers jobs are very similar but VERY different at the same time, same goes for religion, they are ALL very similar but they are ALL very different, therefore they are NOT the same.

Does that make sense?

17. qazini

Not at one point did I imply that all Christians are Catholics. I just explained that all Catholics are Christians.

SuperDyl, metr0n0me and Erebus45 like this.
  18. Erebus45

I never said all Christians are Catholic but all Catholics are Christian. I literally said there are three main types of Christianity. Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox.

Pmx728 and SuperDyl like this.
  19. qazini

I'm fairly sure that the Anglican Church is it's own sect too, but I would have to agree it applies to a limited area.

20. Blue_Marlin

I did not say you implied all christians are catholics.