1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Favorite Aspects of Meepcraft's Past

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by smk, Mar 20, 2017.

?

What era did you join meepcraft in?

1. Pre Meep Networks (long before the fall of cg)

48.4%
  2. Meep Networks (end of cg)

3.2%
  3. New Meep

22.6%
  4. That spawn after new meep I don't know how to describe

6.5%
  5. The big huge spawn with the remade admin statues

16.1%
  6. That really geometric futures que spawn where the stock broker was abused

3.2%
  1. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I haven't seen one of these threads for nearly a year. What is your favorite "era" of meep? I've concluded that an era is decided by a spawn change, so my oldest era is back to the spawn where there was the first ever slime block / donor chill room and first ever sound room that we now have.

I don't know if I described this spawn very well, I believe it was spawn for the majority of 1.7 and 1.8, right before the massive spawn where staff statues came back.

Other than your favorite era, what made this your favorite spawn or time when playing meepcraft?

My favorite time playing during that spawn was originally joining Mclyn and Amazon's sky block island in 1.6-1.7 when villager breeding was infinite and had no requirements other than a door and a few blocks. Other reasons were that this was when meep was holding a steady 100-200 player count constantly and I made many friends and just generally had fun back in my noob days.

My overall favorite part of this era had to be Kitpvp tho. I think overall in minecraft, Kitpvp has to be the most fun game mode I play in. Currently I don't enjoy meeps Kitpvp (even though a lot of it came from my suggestions) just because if he fact it's really not so pvp based, and whomever made it didn't seem to grasp that giving everyone unlimited health potions and more over powered stuff makes almost all parties happy. If it was for fear of getting banned for advertisement, i would suggest the Kitpvp from a different sky block based server (most fun I've been having in minecraft for two years). Anyhow, Kitpvp in this era of meep was my absolute favorite part of my minecraft career by far because of how op I could be, while still learning how to play the game and making friends. I learned that getting killed didn't really matter that much, I learned how to click to really fast, I learned to trust, team, type 10x faster than I could, learned how to be a bit more persuasive (asking for a team), I decided to donate (back when exclusive was op in Kitpvp), I escaped the map honing parkour skills and a kb sword from the elite kit. I overall improved my pvp skills from pathetic to good (at that time when I donated to exclusive i could kill 75% of the people that would challenge me in that Kitpvp) and I learned how to be betrayed and get over anger over something so small as minecraft.

If you got lost in that paragraph, I apologize, happy memories just flowed through me. Anyhow, that was the lord of the rings themed Kitpvp (imo the best Kitpvp).

So I really want to know, what is the oldest spawn (era) you remember? What was your favorite spawn (era), and why?
    What is or was your favorite aspect of meepcraft? Why? And do you think meep could bring that aspect back (even if the player count has lowered since then or a different reason)

Pmx728 likes this.
  2. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

What era is September 2014? Is that New Meep? The spawn that looks similar to this current one? sorta.

3. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I believe that would be the one I struggled describing, this was the one where donor spawn was still a thing and if you turned around donor spawn went straight into terrarium which had dungeon last fuzz's head?

4. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

The spawn with the remade admin statues was my favorite and still is. I miss it. That awful modern spawn was horrible.

5. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

I joined in 9/11

6. OldColony

OldColony Popular Meeper

I deleted my soggy from a long time again, but I remember it was October 2014(?) I joined.

7. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

I joined September 2012, when Meepcraft was growing. I'd say that was my favorite era, mainly because of Towny and the good mini-games we had then. Along with that, I was welcomed by some of the staff members there.

Nager2015 likes this.
  8. Nager2015

Nager2015 Popular Meeper

I joined March 2012.

The best time for Meep was anywhere between July 2012 - December 2013

BlackJack likes this.
  9. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

Joined in May 2015, when the spawn looked so amazing with all the huge buildings and towers. Right when you spawn in you see all the arcade games in their own holes, CTF, towny, Spleef, can't remember the others but it was fun. Airship was its own section, spleef too in spawn. And the statues of the admins were near the entrance to parkour, where you had to jump from stair to stair to actually even go into a parkour map. I still have a picture of me winning spleef for the first time and my head being on the wall. That period was the best for me.

10. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

I still remember Cake Clicker haha xD

smk likes this.
  11. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

Second spawn, with the original terrarium and the SB CTF and SG portals ahead with towns and wild to the left and right

12. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

I liked when onis would ban people for "unspecified", even if it was just caps evading

cooey, SX1, kwagscraft and 3 others like this.
  13. Wishingsstar

Wishingsstar Popular Meeper

I miss dungeon and the old kitpvp a lot haha

14. JumboAce

JumboAce Celebrity Meeper

Joined on July 14th of 2012, and I miss the Terrarium, old staff/players and the old Dungeon.

Nager2015 likes this.
  15. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

Wait, so you joined during gamma? Really?
    :O

Natsu likes this.
  16. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

Let me remember my favorite times in old meep

My favorite era was pre meep and after meep network.

(This is longer than I first thought)

October 2012 was when I first logged into meepcraft. This was the time when I lived in the country and had 4mb/s so it was very difficult for me to log in. It also didn't help that I was just a kid and didn't have a job at the time, so when the server was full you needed VIP rank to login. I remember being to scared to talk to the community and noticed that there was a shout tax for anyone who wasn't VIP+. Back then, jobs was amazing, doing the digger job at the desert could make you a million meebles. Then a town hosted a spleef tournament for a reward of 15k. That's when I first made friends on Meepcraft, Purealizer and NovaClassic, who hosted the tournaments. I then kept going to their town over and over to play their spleef tournaments. Then they invited me to the town later that week because they knew I liked their town.

When I made my first million, I was scammed. Embarrassingly enough, I met my first scammer who scammed me of 1 Mill for the vip rank. (When $10 = 1mill) I was so sad because I forgot take screenshots (I didn't know how to take them at the time lol) I was so devastated that Purealizer gave me 10k and told me to make sure to take screenshots with F2 when making deals. I made around 950k with the digger job again.

A few weeks later, I believe meepnetworks arrived and resetted the eco. That's when I was about to buy a VIP rank from another rank seller. I quit when Meepnetworks arrived so I never really got to see Rosenow. I think it took an entire year, but I came back right after Meepnetworks ended with CG. That's when I came to the forums and introduced myself. The first staff member I've ever talked to was chaos546. And then I got more active in the community.

When I came back the 2nd time. There was a super helpful person who wasn't a staff member at the time. The penguin himself, Netrarc, was the person who helped me back up on my feet. I believe when he became staff, he was the fastest staff member to get super mod in like a month or two. He introduced me to his town, Goldford. This town was a VIP+ only town and my brother didn't have a rank, so he just lived with me. Then someone randomly just msg'd me when I had a jolteon skin and this person,@TNT404 , saying he wanted to screenshot with me. That's how we became friends haha. I think that's when I also had a Jolteon avatar picture on the forums and @CyborgZeroX always talked to me and made some nice posts on my profile. lol.

I forgot to mention that when I first played on this server, my main goal was to achieve the highest rank and then just leave the server. I remember the highest rank being elite, then they introduced sexy af supreme. But when they introduced supreme, that's when I started playing this game for the community, and not for achieving highest rank.

I remember some things that I can't remember when they happened.

Killeryi's pvp group. I forgot the name, but boy they did they piss me off. I was new and wanted to do terrarium. Every single time I went in there this pvp group ganked me. I lost a lot of money because of them *shakes fist* I also remember @nhdead was the only staff member who cared about ladder camping @ terrarium. Ily for that.

Cake clicker, was a bore. Way late after the cookie clicker fad had died, meep decided to make their own version of it. I didn't understand why people "played it" (Lets be honest, you just afk'd there) and there wasn't any gain for doing it. It was a cool idea but let's be honest, tntrun was the sh**. That was the most fun I had in a mini game. Why won't we bring that back?

I forgot I remembered @7acespade pokemonshowdown tournament. I didn't know much about pokemon battles, but I used a snorlax with thunder and he still makes fun of me to this day. <3 (I later also got a snorehax medal saying I was the worst pokemon trainer ever <3)

There was another thread 2 years ago. I believe @Iwasbored (Qwikin) made the thread about Osu! This is now a game I play daily every week and gotten really good at it. I believe this also made me become a weeb because you basically have to play japanese / anime ops to rank up. I learned to accept the music and it introduced me to a lot of music that I didn't know exist that I listen to more now. (Sound Holic, C-Show, Tatsh etc.) I also got to know more meepers by playing this like: @Cherrykit , @Redolwolf , Nivalien, Enter_The_Void, HeyImTiff, and even my new guild I play with now.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    nhjed, iKitten, CluelessKlutz and 3 others like this.
  17. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Yup I was a clueless citizen in Dubai. Never did I know how cool buttfly was

18. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

thanks
    its in my signature now

Natsu likes this.
  19. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

stop stalking me especially when I made a typo lol

20. Wiggle_Waggle

Wiggle_Waggle Popular Meeper

I remember the times when CG would ban people for the stupidest things... I got banned countless times and I will never forget it lmao
    @MegaStufOreo
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 21, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 21, 2017 ---
    look at his sig

Nager2015 likes this.