1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

President Trump

Discussion in 'Debates' started by creepersareokay, Nov 8, 2016.

?

How Will Trump Do In Office?

1. Good, mang

44.2%
  2. Not so good, mang

55.8%
  1. cnkropp

cnkropp Popular Meeper

But what does that say about your credibility if your guess first research later?

2. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

I'm sorry? I made 1 guess and now my credibility is off?

3. cnkropp

cnkropp Popular Meeper

Making an guess that 90% of Muslims want Sharia Law is quite an accusation to get wrong, and can be insulting. Also, the source you gave had no reference to any legitimate polls.

SuperDyl likes this.
  4. Blue_Marlin

I said 90% and then came back with 50-70% which was stated in my source. We all make assumptions, so I was off with one of mine. That should not be insulting to anyone. I feel like you are taking this out of proportion.

5. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Of course we'll never have Sharia law, the notion is so ridiculous that it's funny one would be threatened by it. However the poll is fairly nonconclusive as it's a survey sponsored by a a thinktank and only sampled 600 people.

You realize Christianity would fall under all those same categories from what the text says to it's followers all throughout history, correct? Would you agree Christianity is also NOT a religion of peace?

If we're going to be threatened by Radical Islam due to the severity of threat, is it not logical to also be threatened of radical Christianity, especially since there is a greater chance of being negatively affected by this, rather than Radical islam?

Erebus45, Natsu and WeAreNumberUno like this.
  6. Blue_Marlin

I honestly don't know what to say at this point, I don't want to go into a bashing Muslims debate, Trump is trying to get rid of Radical Islamic people and that weighs in heavy on people. Here is a video with Bill Maher in it, Bill is not a Republican nor Democrat. He trashes Trump and Hillary.... he also has good things to say about them both, this source is NOT coming from a one sided person.

WeAreNumberUno likes this.
  7. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

Jeff sessions lol.

8. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Bill Maher is not an example of a unbiased opinion given he's clearly and publically most a secularist and was an ardent Sanders supporter.

Bill Maher lost his credibility when he put out the movie "Religulous" and made claims in it that religion is a bronze age belief (I agree) and begins to list other beliefs they had in the bronze age, with flat world being one of them. -- Everyone knew then the world was round, everyone overwhelmingly always knew the world was round - No serious subset of any population in the world throughout most of history thought the world was actually flat.

9. WeAreNumberUno

I'm reasonably sure he was using exaggeration to joke around when he said people thought the world was flat.

10. Blue_Marlin

Trumps new "ban" aka security proposal :)

11. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

So "These 7 countries pose an immediate threat to US safety" turned out to be false?

cnkropp, Natsu and WeAreNumberUno like this.
  12. Blue_Marlin

No, that is not true. They are a threat to America, but now the way it's set up it won't make the liberals as mad.

13. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Please cite evidence of this claim.

14. Blue_Marlin

I don't understand why you keep asking me to cite my "claims". It's common sense. Trump wants to help protect the American people and within doing so he wants to temporarily ban the 7 countries that have radical Islamic terrorism. He wants to fix the vetting process of those countries. He can't get information on people coming from those 7 countries. The only reason Iraq is off the new travel ban list is because the leaders of Iraq agreed to help ensure no terrorist were coming from their country into America. America is outraged By the fact that he wants to keep you safe. I honestly don't get it. Anyways, y'all got your way and that ban was thrown out, now he has a new one with different restrictions and Iraq is off the table.

15. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

With the first ban, the issue was not stopping travel from potentially dangerous countries, the issue was immediately preventing people promised travel into the United States from entering the country. The president should have a right to stop travel in emergency situations (such as terrorist attacks coming from said country in large amounts) but there should be warning periods.

First ban was bad because it was without reason by emergency or warning period. If one criteria were to have been met, then the ban wouldn't be quite so bad.

I don't know much about this second ban though, so I'll have to look into it.

16. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Because without evidence it's all just opinion.

Can you cite any evidence showing that those 6 nations pose a national security risk to the United States of America. Being a dangerous country is not the same as posing a national security threat, America leads with the most violent crime in the world, would this not be a dangerous country as well?

Any discussion is moot until you provide evidence backing up your claims that those 6 countries pose a national security risk.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 8, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 8, 2017 ---
    The new executive order removes Iraq from the list and makes clearer exemptions for visa / green card holders. Better legally, but thus far no real evidence has been put forth to validate Trump's claims those countries pose any real risk to us. Nor does it take into account that we already have existing measures to provide medical / security background checks for those coming into our country legally that usually lasts over 18 months.

Natsu, WeAreNumberUno and cnkropp like this.
  17. Blue_Marlin

@SuperDyl ^^ they would still be let in as long as they showed all the information and it was clearly stated that if they did not have ALL their information they would not be let in. Even people who had dual citizenship in 2 different countries can come in as long as they aren't using their citizenship on a country that is banned. And they did let people in.

@Deinen your point on America having the most violent crime, is in fact false. Even though it is false I still want you to cite your facts.

I do believe I have cited about how those countries have been a threat many times before but I will certainly find them again just for you. You will have to wait until tonight though so I can use my computer.

18. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

My apologies, I misread, while we do not lead in violent crime, we do lead in crime. However the overarching point still stands.

All you have done is said Obama cited those 7 countries as dangerous, without context, and which is somewhat of a misnomer as well.

This is how our current system works. To obtain a VISA you need every document demanded by the embassy/country, and failure to have even one of those documents disqualifies you obtaining a VISA until you reapply.

19. WeAreNumberUno

Can we talk about the donald accusing obama of wire tapping him?

20. Blue_Marlin

No, although that is true, Obama marked those countries as a potential threat, I have said much more about that. Please go back and actually read my entire comment. Thanks :)

I can't quote everything else for some reason (again on my phone) but the visa system really doesn't require that much. Yes it requires a lot but it's not impossible, and are you saying that we should make it easier? If you are missing 1 thing on it you shouldn't get your visa. If you take a test and miss 1 question do you get a 100? No, you missed something.

USA Visitor Visa: Step-by-Step Guide

@WeAreNumberUno you mean because Obama and Hillary are saying Trump had ties with Russia? Not saying Trump's tweet was the way to go about approaching the topic but it wouldn't surprise me if Obama and his administration didn't wire tap. They are all a bunch of cry babies because they lost. Nancy Pelosi? Hillary Clinton? I can go on and on with who the idiots are over there! Pelosi being number 1!
    Not true again,