1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Continue here about guns.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by KlutchDecals, Nov 2, 2016.

1. TheDebatheist

TheDebatheist Popular Meeper

Just *try* not to treat people like dirt. I beg of you. Just try it.

I don't see anyone claiming that guns arn't fun. That's a bait 'n' switch.

2. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

Dont come here acting like I need to follow your rules. Theirs quite a few people still arguing that guns not used for hunting arent needed when theirs in fact, a ton of fun things to do with them.

3. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

There is a clear difference between an oppressed society rising up against their tyrants and an individual assassinating the president. Especially since the latter accomplishes nothing.

Ranger0203 likes this.
  4. Homer455

Homer455 Celebrity Meeper

canada has bettr guns, end of discuson.

5. Supreme_Overlord

Supreme_Overlord Popular Meeper

Using 2012 populations and rounding, I got 0.000005 for Canada and 0.00003 for the United States. Either way, the United States has a higher amount of firearms-related homicides per person.
    As Adrian said, the United States has a higher amount of firearms-related homicides per person. It is by no means impossible to compare the amount of firearms-related homicides in each country, as you only have to calculate the amount per person in order to do so.

Homer455 likes this.
  6. KlutchDecals

Not true because again, the amount of firearms, age of purchase, how you purchase, ect is all unaccounted for in those polls.

Ranger0203 likes this.
  7. Supreme_Overlord

Supreme_Overlord Popular Meeper

Um, I don't see how those things are exactly relevant, as we're just comparing the amount of firearms-related homicides per person in each country.

It is proven that Canda had a lower amount of firearms-related homicides per person in 2012, so if we attempt to think about how this could correlate to the amount of guns and how guns are purchased, the fact that Canada has less guns and stricter purchasing laws means that it could be assumed that this is the cause of the country's lower amount of firearms-related homicides per person.

8. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

This doesn't account for the hugely greater population density of the United States. In areas with a greater population density, crime rates are higher. That's one of the reasons Detroit, Chicago, etc. have such huge crime rates.
    ^

9. KlutchDecals

10. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

11. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

Broken facebook video ewww

Its like the gamma economy, there are so many guns around in america, like meebles. There are about 600 million guns in 2016 in america, more than any country in the world. Yet unlike gamma, there is no way we can reset that economy, because confiscating 300 million guns would take YEARS, (but maybe every gun in that 600 million doesn't go to a person, I heard there were more guns than people at one point) so theres no possibility for the soulution "make guns illegal."

Honestly at this point, theres almost no way to solve gun violence that I can think of.

Acoustic Kitty likes this.
  12. ZestyWheathin

ZestyWheathin Celebrity Meeper

It's sad how you hear on the news about 9-15 year olds "accidentally" shooting someone. It's all the parent's fault, guns should be locked up.

Separate argument:

Firearm safety classes should be offered/pushed to younger kids as well, not just pre-teens. But, just the basics, like,"Don't pick up a gun" and "stay away from the chamber (where the bullet comes out), if you are being chased, scream get attention. ", do not play with ammo, etc.

Ranger0203 and WeAreNumberUno like this.
  13. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

I agree, and i dont mean to change the topic but when the government knows who you are, what gun you have, where you live etc then the government can take that gun. When the government has all the guns... who's in control? Outside of the military and policemen, guns are the citizens only form of protection. We can't just have them taken away. Now i do believe you should have a complete background check and go threw a course before being allowed to have a gun. As far as children go, it is really sad that some children get hurt from a gun, especially uneducated children. I was also taught as @Courtneyyy was at a very young age, around 7 or 8. We have always had guns in the home, mainly for hunting and of course protection. My parents taught me how to use it because i would be home alone in the mornings before school and after school so if i needed to protect myself id know how. For children that can't be trusted id suggest maybe putting it up high. or we always had the lock on the gun (built in safety lock). idk thats tricky

14. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

We definitely need better gun regulations. Unfortunately, with our new president, I don't see that happening anytime soon. :(

@KlutchDecals
    Great video btw

15. Blue_Marlin

Our new President has stated we need to get the guns out of the wrong people's hands. I do see him putting regulations on gun control. I do not see him getting rid of your right as a citizen to own a gun. I do to wish we could prevent the wrong people from getting them.

16. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

The government is still in control. You with your semiautomatic rifles and stuff is gonna do nothing when obama shoots you with a helicopter.

17. KlutchDecals

Regulations dont stop criminals.

18. Blue_Marlin

The government is not in total control until the citizens give up their rights. Trump is fighting for your rights, I'm not turning this into a political debate, that's for another thread but gun rights stand very close to the government and its important for people to understand the importance of citizens having a gun.
    What happens when governments disarm their citizens?

19. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

First, I didn't mention trump. Second, back when the U.S army was a bunch of guys with muskets, and the citizens owned essentially the same muskets I can understand the rational that the citizens could rise up and fight if the government got oppressive. However now, do you honestly think that a militia with next to no armored vehicles and semi-automatic weapons could keep and oppressive us government in check?

20. Blue_Marlin

I never said you mentioned Trump, I was replying to the previous comments. but yes I do believe us citizens have most control, even with just our guns. I don't think you are fully understanding me.