1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

President Trump

Discussion in 'Debates' started by creepersareokay, Nov 8, 2016.

?

How Will Trump Do In Office?

1. Good, mang

44.2%
  2. Not so good, mang

55.8%
  1. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

If you cant debate like an adult, ill remove your perms to post here.

Natsu and WeAreNumberUno like this.
  2. cnkropp

cnkropp Popular Meeper

Can I get a source on that?

3. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

"I never said all Muslims were bad"
    "Muslims literally kill gay people. If you were to go to their country they would literally kill you too."

Notice how you didn't say the word some? You didn't say "Some Muslims kill gay people" or "In some Muslim places they would kill you." You contradicted yourself and lumped them all together.

Also, please cite your sources and proof that it is false.

Muunkee likes this.
  4. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

Muunkee I said "why let Muslims come in the believe in sharia law, I quoted that above me saying it. Which I only said once btw. As I have said multiple times I have Muslim friends that do agree with me. FRIENDS! I'm not a racist as I've said before and although I talked more about Muslims I will agree with you @Muunkee we have many people that are bad in America already. But we can't put them anywhere and can't deport the ones born here or granted citizenship here. We can however stop a criminal from coming over here before they get here due to securing our borders more. I'm sorry if anyone took offense to my Muslim comment as I will say not all Muslims are bad.

@cnkropp did you want a citation/proof on that the .00009% (idk exactly how many 0's so bare with me) but you get what I mean. Or the fact that it's false?

Thanks Klutch!
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 28, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 28, 2017 ---
    @Erebus45 Within saying they would probably kill you too by going over there, it's not so much the residents as the dictator/government whatever you want to call them. It's really not a proper government but whatever.

5. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I don't get it
    "Bad people are here already, but we can't do anything, but I do want to stop the many good people that can come over vs the few bad"

rules don't stop a rulebreaker, honey

SuperDyl likes this.
  6. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

If not all, then almost all, of these attacks would not have been affected by Trump's ban. This article doesn't support Trump, it in fact argues against him by stating that the issue isn't people coming into the country, but people being radicalized who are already here.

7. Blue_Marlin

Again that's not at all what I'm saying, I honestly don't think y'all understand what I'm even saying so let me try to word this better. Maybe it's just the way I'm wording it idk. ALSO! I'll cite stuff when I get home and can use my computer right now I'm just on my phone. So @Muunkee what I mean by that is if someone is born in America (a citizen) or someone is granted citizenship that was an immigrant commits a crime in America such as murder, rape, stealing or some type of violent crime we put them in jail/prison because we can't deport them, where do they go? You can't send them to another country because they weren't born there? So they stay in our prisons. Why let a person that is from another country come over here and commit a crime just to keep them in our tax paying jails/prisons? NOT SAYING THEY ARE ALL BAD! God I can't stress that enough!! Trump banned (temporarily) those 7 countries because they don't have a "true" government, we can't get records and stuff about that person. We don't know if they killed someone or not, we don't know if they are proned to stealing, raping, or any crime. Because there is no background records. I wish we could just let everyone in and help everyone and know they were good people, but we can't just guess. Obamas administration was letting people in left and right, granting citizenships to everyone without proper checking. Within 24 hours of his temp banned being froze and put to a stop over 2,500 people were let in. There is no way they checked that many people within that short amount of time. Again it's about protecting Americans first.
    Again not just Islamic countries/Muslims any country really just many people go to the Muslims. I know many great people from Islamic countries. I'm not trying to group them all into a bad category.

8. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

Saying, "But I have black friends!" doesn't de facto mean your not racist.

You do realize they finish checking people months in advance before people come in. Its not like you apply, and 24 hours later you get in or you get rejected. Those 2,500 people had already been approved months before they got on a plane, I also wanna point out that normally, the U.S. probably doesn't let in 2500 people every 24 hours, its just that trumps ban created a backlog after the immigrants were detained.

Erebus45 likes this.
  9. Blue_Marlin

I know how the process works, and I never said that just because I have Muslim friends that doesn't mean I'm not racist (although I'm not racist!!!!!!) in saying I have Muslim friends that agree with me. They have people coming in from those countries that they don't like/trust. They came to America to have better values and a better life, not to have the people they were trying to get away from follow them here. Yes, I do know many people look at it that way too, I know many of those people are good, hard working people. My eye doctor is from an Islamic country and she works very hard and obviously went to college and made a good life for herself and her family here in the states. It's people like that, that America needs here. Not the ones that bring hate, crime and just want to abuse the system for free things. Not just Muslims but any immigrant.

10. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

I think we can all agree with the bulk of this. The argument is about solutions. Don't you think blocking all immigrants from several muslim countries will harm mostly the good hard working people? I can get behind stricter background checks, or a number of things proposed by the republicans, but blocking all the immigrants seems heavy handed and reckless.

Erebus45 likes this.
  11. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

Oh hey I support immigration so long as immigrants do so through legal means
    *Closes off all legal means of immigration*

Muunkee, SuperDyl, Natsu and 2 others like this.
  12. Blue_Marlin

I understand what you are saying, I truly do. Obama made that list and Trump obviously wanted to know what was going on as to why Obama made it with those countries. Do you remember back in 2011 when Obama banned all Iraqi refugees? For 6 months? To get somethings solved? That's exactly what Trumps doing. He wanted 4 months to get something's solved and have his team review those 7 countries and see why Obama thought they could be a threat. His main goal is to protect Americans and our home. What's the problem? Could there have been a better way of doing it? Maybe, but Trump felt that's what needed to happen, and I respect that. A lot.
    @kwagscraft thats not all the facts, check again please.

13. Aarett

Aarett Celebrity Meeper

Just to clarify to all who speak of racism, it is called the religion of Islam, not the race of Islam. They are Muslim like I am Christian, not Muslim like I am white. Accusing someone of racism for their views on the topic is thus unjust. Please stop with that argument.

In a radical form, the ideology is dangerous. If we open our borders to refugees, we will, in addition, be opening our arms to terrorism. One of the main purpose of the government is to "protect its citizens". By accepting the innocent along with the ill-willed, the citizen's safety is compromised. Trump's plan was to was "to call a temporary halt to the admission of Muslim until the government could figure out an effective way to screen out Islamists from pro-constitutional Muslims". This plan was created to assure that the government was doing its job in addition to figuring out how to deal with the humanitarian issue of the refugees at hand. Sadly, the media (AFSC, CNN, Washington Post, USA Today, Huffington Post, Buzzfeed) reported this as a "Muslim ban" rather than as an attempt to protect the American people first. This is yet another example as to why Trump always says "fake news". It is written with a narrative in mind, not with the truth.

Please, if I got any of this wrong, correct me. Most of all, however, if you see the logic in this explanation, please don't deny yourself of it. Do more research on the topic if you wish, but please, approach it with an analytic perspective. Find the facts supporting both sides of the argument, and draw your own conclusion rather than falling for a media narrative.

14. Blue_Marlin

^^ :) I wish I would have said it like that along time ago. Someone thankfully messaged me and said they pretty much knew what I was saying but my wording was off, thanks for posting that and to the person that helped me in a private message, thank you too! I wasn't trying to only blame Muslims they are just the more known I guess, the ones the media likes to talk about the most.

Aarett likes this.
  15. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

I don't think I understand. Halting the admissions of Muslims is not a Muslim ban? Also, how is the media "fake news" for reporting this?

Halting Muslims is a discriminatory act based upon religion which is unlawful according to the US Constiution.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Aarett likes this.
  16. Blue_Marlin

17. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

" In summary

The order does not specifically bar Muslims. It applies only to citizens of Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen. Those seven countries have only 12 percent of the world’s Muslims and Muslims from other countries can still enter the United States."

This is their main point: it doesn't affect all muslims so it's not a Muslim ban.

But you don't need to target all muslims to go against the Constution. Let's say I operate a business. If I deny entry to at least 1 person based on their nationality, sex, race, or religion then it would be illegal. If it was a Mexican man, I wouldn't magically not be breaking the constution just because I let other Mexican men in. It only takes 1 instance of religious discrimination to be unconstiutional.

In Trumps own words he would would give Christians a preference over Muslims. This is illegal based on the First Amendment.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Natsu and Erebus45 like this.
  18. Blue_Marlin

Again not true, your reading the facts and turning them into something they aren't aka what you want to hear. It's only effecting 12% of the Muslims, it's not a "Muslim ban" if it banned ALL Muslims then it's a "Muslim ban" and we wouldn't be having this conversation because you would be right, however that's not the case. Not every person within those 7 countries is a "Muslim" therefore it's not a Muslim ban. When has Trump said "I prefer christians over Muslims" please cite that and show proof, not an article I want it coming straight from his mouth, via a video.

19. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

If you say so

Text:
    DAVID BRODY: “Persecuted Christians, we’ve talked about this, the refugees overseas. The refugee program, or the refugee changes you’re looking to make. As it relates to persecuted Christians, do you see them as kind of a priority here?”

PRESIDENT TRUMP: “Yes.”

DAVID BRODY: “You do?”

PRESIDENT TRUMP: “They’ve been horribly treated. Do you know if you were a Christian in Syria it was impossible, at least very tough to get into the United States? If you were a Muslim you could come in, but if you were a Christian, it was almost impossible and the reason that was so unfair, everybody was persecuted in all fairness, but they were chopping off the heads of everybody but more so the Christians. And I thought it was very, very unfair. So we are going to help them"

WeAreNumberUno and Natsu like this.
  20. Aarett

Aarett Celebrity Meeper

Trump did not try to "ban Muslims". He banned immigrants from Iraq, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Somalia, and Libya due to the mass of terrorists that the region has produced. The fact that the majority are Muslim may be the cause of this, however, it is not the cause for the 90 day ban. There are majority Muslim countries that are not banned. Indonesia, for instance, has a population of 204,847,000 and is 87.2% Muslim, however immigrants are not banned. Thank you for calling me out on that, I misspoke.
    To answer your second question, the media is "fake news" for trying to push the narrative of intentional religious discrimination.

It is not based on religion. It is based on nationality, and it is temporary and in an attempt to reopen borders whilst keeping the safety of citizens and immigrants alike a priority.

In an ideal world, we wouldn't need this to happen. To quote Batman (weird source, but it works), "some men just want to watch the world burn." It really is sad that innocent people need to be killed because of these wicked men, however if we invite everyone into the safety of our country, we will get both good and bad, compromising the safety of everyone. What is being attempted is to find a way to differentiate between the moderates and the extremists so that we don't bring the refugees in as well as the evil that they are running from.

Deljikho and Blue_Marlin like this.