1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

The Meeptimes #25

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CluelessKlutz, Feb 3, 2017.

1. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

[​IMG]
    The Mighty Castle of Banned

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works. This will be published every other Friday.

Server Updates

Parkour
    Rebalanced with new prizes, Parkour is officially back up! Go to /warp parkour to get started!

Boomo
    Becoming the first minigame back online, is none other than the infamous Boomo! Use /warp Boomo, and blast the competition away!

Mail Updates
    Starting now we plan to mail out every edition of The MeepTimes to our mailing list about 25,000 people will receive these updates! Yay for simple advertisements!

Forum picture
    Finally the day has come we updated our background photo to the new Meep spawn!

Head Trader
    You may now use the head trader again in spawn or at /warp towns, now with more than 1,700 different heads!

Bugs Squashed

Shulker Boxes
    Now your precious items are fully protected within your Shulker box!

Community Events

Staff NPCs
    Near the /warp forest, a small garden now contains an NPC of all current staff members, so head on over there to catch up on the current team members, and their chosen NPC!
    Images

Pigs of Legend
    Some victorious armies are formed of the strongest around, others of the most ingenious, but the most successful army on the server is the Pig Army, which conquered the town of Legend on the 23rd of January. All were invited to disguise themselves as a pig or pigman to join the fun. See pictures here.

Staff Photo
    Ever seen all the current staff in one place? If you answered no to this, you have probably not seen the latest staff picture! See here for the thread, and credits to @OhSimple for taking this picture.

Recently Accepted Suggestions

Llama Disguise!
    It’s official, llamas are the most popular mob since polar bears decided to start killing people. Once added, you can become a llama too!

Discord Command
    Need the link to the Meepcraft Discord in a flash? Now you just type /Discord for the link to pull up!
    Trello Card

Welcome to Meepcraft!
    Like welcoming new players to the server? Well this can be hard to do when no one knows when a new player joins! See the joining message once again with the re-addition of this feature, and welcome them to the Meepcraft family!
    Trello Card

CTF
    One of your favourite mini games is making its comeback! CTF shall arise once again! Capture the enemy’s flags for points to support your team, and defend your own!
    Trello Card

Humans Of MeepCraft - Feat. @HeyImTiff

[​IMG]

How did you first find the server?
    I found the server by searching in the category “towny” via Google.

What do you enjoy the most about the server?
    I enjoy chatting with other meeps that are in the server and also building my town I am currently in. It’s what I do. Meeps here are very social, which is what I love the most.

What is the best way to blow up a house?
    Hmm, let’s see . . . Just trap the whole house with TNT, and at the end just shoot up some fireworks for celebration!

So, is your name really Tiff?
    My full name is Tiffany, but I like to be called Tiff mostly.

If you were given a million Meebles right now, what would you spend them on?
    I’d probably save them! If I had to spend them, I would maybe spend it on a new town or nation. Either that, or maybe give it out for real money, but only to spend on something important.

What is your favorite Star Wars movie?
    Oh man, that’s a hard question. I think I would say Star Wars: The Force Awakens because I’ve only watched five of them total.

Anything else you’d like to add?
    Vote me for staff! Nah, just kidding! ^_^

Welcomes and Farewells
    Congratulations to @kirby99, @MoonlitMadness, @EllieEllie, and @GroovyGrevous on becoming Helpers!

Congratulations to @DarkKnight49x on becoming a moderator!

Farewell to @TechnoTyson! Thanks for all the work you put in as a helper, we will miss you and hope you apply in the future!

Get involved with the MeepTimes

With every release of the paper we will pick a cover photo and a (free) advertisement submitted by the community. The owner of each piece of content will receive 4,000 meebles and have their name featured in the article, below their content. Fill out the form here to submit content. Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released 17 February 2017! See you then!

This issue was created by @CluelessKlutz @MoonlitMadness @Courtneyyy @Midnight_Galaxy

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

Yay

(I am number one hey)

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  3. Its_Madison

Its_Madison Professional Nerd

Nice edition! :cool:

MoonlitMadness likes this.
  4. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

5. Lemoh

Lemoh Popular Meeper

freyview did it better. ;) ;)
    a7J74Y7.png

Staraptia and CluelessKlutz like this.
  6. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Freyview also wasn't built within 2 weeks of the world opening. ;)

7. MoonlitMadness

MoonlitMadness Celebrity Meeper

hells yes :) nice work team

Its_Madison likes this.
  8. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

Or downloaded from PMC

9. Lemoh

Lemoh Popular Meeper

cooey, JETUB1, Dockson and 2 others like this.
  10. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

Nice one! I'm excited for llamas (insert llama noise here?)

11. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

WE ARE NUMBER ONE

Marshy_88 likes this.
  12. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

I got that email lol guess I'm one of 25,000

Courtneyyy likes this.
  13. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Love to see the community moving forward :)

You forgot to add the event yesterday where Admins smited IglooScientist and banned him with a stick ;)

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  14. 2leah2

2leah2 Celebrity Meeper

can't wait for CTF!

15. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

Nice!

16. xT3Kx

xT3Kx Retired AF Elder

Some people aren't good at building, so they copy a nice build. Just like some people can't handle perms without abusing and get demoted :cool:

Muunkee, Niiicck, cooey and 9 others like this.
  17. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

Yeah you're right, Because we said it was an original design where? Let me apologize for 2 admins who barely find time to play because were to busy fixing things.

Its a sweet build, works with what we want to do, and we can both work on it without having to worry about whos doing what. We pick a spot when we get free time and do it. No one here is competing for any prizes so if you really wanna get up tight with it, feel free to embarrass yourself lol. Youre like little kids crying over who took the blue crayon lmao.

Also the main building at Freyview as well as many of the buildings were copies off PMC. Feel free to look it up, but guess who cares?
    No one with a brain, first because it looked awesome, second because its minecraft houses. All you do is build them, then stand inside them. But I forgot how famous you are from your buildings. . . ? =D

Muunkee, Natsu and Pmx728 like this.
  18. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

it doesn't matter if its original or not, no one is applying for arch with it.

Muunkee likes this.
  19. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

WARNING
    Tiff is a savage.

let me fix that for you

You wouldn't do that Tiff, you love us @ Borealis. ;)

/* As for CTF */
    I am excited for CTF. I do hope that this time it's faster pace unlike last time!

+1, will accept more staff members that can roast

Natsu and GroovyGrevous like this.
  20. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

sorry when was I demoted haha