1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

No Words.

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KlutchDecals, Jan 2, 2017.

1. ZestyWheathin

ZestyWheathin Celebrity Meeper

I remember ctf, but It was kinda like the "walls" because you have to get your own resources (but I am not sure if that is how ctf normally works or if it's meepcraft being unique)

funkyrainbows likes this.
  2. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Ctf is usually you get kits and you don't lose them when you die. Gathering stuff for your own is like walls and uhc, yes

3. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

This means we can add factions.

Lololololol

4. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

But as they say, that would bring toxic players to Meep lol. I would think factions would be pretty simple to implement and many people would play but w/e. Maybe a variation of factions could be made where you can't enchant items or you can but just weak enchants, and there are quest NPC's that give you better weapons/armor but that's just a thought. I doubt factions will come to meep because there has been this irrational disdain for factions coming to the server (we had it in the past). Apparently spleef, sky block, and other mini games are a better allocation of resources #Sarcasm.

Pmx728 and metr0n0me like this.
  5. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

Well, I would say that the usual 4 or so minigames that they had would enhance the economy. The meeble prizes that they had were not to expensive for the most part, and they added for players something to do if they wanted a small change (I can't argue for skyblock though, I don't think more than a dozen players played it continuosly, if not less). However I would agree that the main focus should be Towny, and that's the big reason that they shouldn't add Factions in. If you want to play factions, there are many good servers for that, but Meep is a towny server, and they shouldn't change that. For another part it would then be entering a much more competitive gameplay, that many new players would compare to other, older factions servers that had a long time to get everything figured out and their plugins aligned. Meep shouldn't lose the core values of a Towny server that had attracted all of us to it (and it's wonderful community).

6. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

we should focus on towny for the first couple months, but a crop farming based factions would be really fun

Pmx728 likes this.
  7. Kazarkas

I know, I was saying towny was the focus but later on a simple factions server couldn't hurt. I'd say its better than mini-games because it encourages more of a time investment than 15 minutes, game reset, 15 minutes, game reset, like certain mini-games. Anyway, people are on here for the community because let's face it there may be better towny servers but we choose this one for a reason. Some people would be driven to be the dominant faction in this community.

metr0n0me likes this.
  8. Tweide

Tweide Popular Meeper

Any news on when they are going to have the server back up?

9. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Nada

10. ZestyWheathin

Of course it will be up a day after break ends

11. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

I've been waiting all week and I'm getting bored on other servers

ZestyWheathin likes this.
  12. Garde7

Garde7 Popular Meeper

omgosh same

13. ZestyWheathin

All ranks will be reinstated because buycraft data wasn't wiped

14. funkyrainbows

funkyrainbows Double Rainbow

CTF was like that. You had kits however you could go into mines for more resources. It was fun and I used to play it a lot.

15. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

Anyone else planning out a new town?

16. ZestyWheathin

Me too. I remember. Still looking for the guy who gave me a full diamond armor set in 2014 maybe 2 or 3 spawns ago.

I wish! I have to go away for 6 weeks in the summer and my town will be kicked

17. Kabixi

Kabixi Popular Meeper

Yaaaas

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk

18. Kazarkas

Gibeeeeeeeeeh!

19. denden1088

denden1088 Popular Meeper

You should have a off-site backup of the data, as its very valuable data, if you don't understand what it means, I'm saying you should have a external hard drive or something that's NOT connected to the web and not shared.

20. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

They had one before, but when they switched servers, they didn't implement a new one. Their last save was before gamma was even a thing, so that's why they decided a full restart would be better. "With that said, we will be having daily backups as ill pay for them myself. Please relax, and stay positive. Telling us were doing it wrong does not encourage anyone." -KlutchDecals. (My QuoteMe thing doesn't work on my laptop).

CluelessKlutz and 00000 like this.