1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

No Words.

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KlutchDecals, Jan 2, 2017.

1. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

I would love to see the return of the 2012 pre-Cg meepcraft. Post CG 2013 with onis was the bomb too

evilalec555 likes this.
  2. reppard

reppard Well-Known Meeper

Not trying to be negative at all here, just an honest question. Why wasn't the database being backed up? I don't have time to read this entire thread so my apologies of this or a similar question has been asked. I've really enjoyed my time on meep and I'd like to see a server that could withstand and bounce back after something like this. I have the technical know-how to make this happen so @Fuzzlr, @reggles44, and @KlutchDecals if you'd like some assistance in implementing a disaster recovery strategy don't hesitate to reach out to me. I can help in a consultant capacity or even with implementation. Thanks.

3. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

When they migrated to the new server in the recent upgrade/downgrade, it wasn't set up.

4. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

sounds a lot like the pitch fuzzlr fed us back in 2013 after another console member broke stuff. He actually promised back then that meep would never be reset again. Here's to that guy putting in tons of effort on his end with our money. Cheers.

5. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I suspect there has to be some naivety in believing a promise something will never happen against because quite simply sh*t happens. Sure, there was some bad decisions made on the server end but quite frankly MeepCraft would be in a worse shape had nothing happened. I think out of all the options MeepCraft had a week ago, this was the best outcome.

sicklynerd, Pmx728, Kling and 5 others like this.
  6. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

You're alive?!!!

7. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

I will answer your question. Back ups cost a lot and Meepcraft did not for some reason have recent back ups. The last back up was a while ago that it is better to reset. Old towny worlds will be available for download.

@KlutchDecals is spending his own money to make daily back ups in a 6TB drive. It will be kept in a completely different place.

qazini and CluelessKlutz like this.
  8. reppard

reppard Well-Known Meeper

Backups should be considered part of the operational costs of running any type of server. That being said, storage is incredibly cheap and affordable. If you can't afford to backup data that users rely on then you don't have any business running a server.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jwarian likes this.
  9. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Meepcraft is not making money off of this and they are in the negatives now. We cannot change the past

10. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Is there a date meep will be reopened?

11. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

Funny thing is that's Chinese

Pmx728 likes this.
  12. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Asian Linguistics -> ASIAN Languages -> Languages in Asia -> CHINA is in ASIA

Hope that clarifies:)

Pmx728, Maneo and Garde7 like this.
  13. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

I might actually play now that its all reset. In my opinion the pre CG era with McMMO and dyn map and such was a hell of a lot of fun but I'm sure it won't be quite on that level. I'm not opposed to a hard reset but please make it so you can't donate for meebles.... I mean its fine if you can donate for heads and sell them but outright buying meebles is kind of cheap IMO.

metr0n0me, smk, CluelessKlutz and 3 others like this.
  14. Garde7

Garde7 Popular Meeper

hahaha thats funny

Natsu likes this.
  15. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

There is no current set date as to when Meep will be back up.

smk likes this.
  16. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

Japan's also in Asia, he specified that so I was under the assumption he thought it was Japanese.

Natsu likes this.
  17. Jaarjo

Jaarjo Well-Known Meeper

We need to make Mojang great again!

Garde7 likes this.
  18. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

I don't think this should be an issue; it hasn't been a thing for over 6 months.

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  19. loraxthepug

loraxthepug Popular Meeper

This is going to be really fun to play! I'm kind of excited but I really hope the ranks will be reinstated, I'd really hate if all those donators didn't get their ranks back.

20. 417Mario

417Mario Celebrity Meeper

if the economy will be like it was a couple years ago i might come back for good.