1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

No Words.

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KlutchDecals, Jan 2, 2017.

1. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

What Meep needs is a complete update, I'd wait weeks more for one lol

2. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

Well that 'complete update' youre looking for may just be found in this reset, i still think this could benefit us

FatBrownMan likes this.
  3. Klitch

Klitch

Daily backups? If you're willing to provide the storage, maybe. I have been a player for 4+ years, yet despite all, I have stuck with Meep. As for our "evidence," just look around! More and more players are saying that they are happy and/or excited for the reset and the new era of Meepcraft! I encourage you to take a step back and realize that you are now at an equal chance to tremendous wealth as everyone else. This is fair game for all, and if you set your mind to it, you can grow your influence to something even better than before.

qazini, Natsu, Muunkee and 1 other person like this.
  4. chris_is_crazy

chris_is_crazy Popular Meeper

Hey, I have not joined meepcraft in a long time. I might just start playing again since everyone has a fresh start. A lot of people will criticize me for this, and I don't blame them. But maybe, just maybe, this is a blessing in disguise? I Still think the unnamed Dev should feel the full wrath of all of meep, but this new start may be good so that new players can join, and actually stay. I know I am just some random scrub here, and not a developer, admin, or owner of a server. But I think that new ways should be implemented to keep players online and give them something to want to get on for every day. that what sort of caused me to leave. that, and the fact that meepcraft lost its appeal due to the fact that I was a relatively old player (Was on in the days that AlienVenom was an admin) And, I know this is ignorant and selfish, but I did not want the community that I had played upon when I was so much younger to change. For better, or worse. I still miss old spawn, like 5 or 6 Old spawns ago. The last one to have the diamond exchange for VIP+ Way before Supreme, and ultimate. I know I am going on a tangent here, but I remember being an exclusive and watching in awe as the first person bought Supreme. That, and many other moments have been molded into my mind due to this servers existence, and I just feel, sad. Sad that new player may not enjoy the server as I once had. Sad that the memories of the old players are being forgotten. Sad that History, The history of Cruelty Gaming's Reign, and afterward, Has just been wiped away. In general, I am sad. But I have hope for the server, and I still wish that new players, who are both new to the server, and to Minecraft, can make memories that they will remember for years to come, and that one day, they may look back upon them as i do.

5. maxyman

maxyman Popular Meeper

100% agree

Vexmae and FatBrownMan like this.
  6. chris_is_crazy

I hope not, If everything is reset, we should probably have only one towns world. dividing the player base is not the best idea in my opinion.

Natsu, trdavis25 and FatBrownMan like this.
  7. FatBrownMan

FatBrownMan Celebrity Meeper

+1

trdavis25 and chris_is_crazy like this.
  8. LargeUnit

LargeUnit Celebrity Meeper

They're only having 1 towny world

Garde7, chris_is_crazy and Vexmae like this.
  9. chris_is_crazy

Hmm, I wonder why people would harass that tech? I don't condone bullying, (as cheesy as that sounds, it is true) But I do think that the tech/dev should own up to it. how can we trust staff when if one commits a wrong, it is hidden who it is? (No, don't go burning Minecraft cars and looting virtual stores in an anarchic rage, I just wish to point this out.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Garde7 likes this.
  10. Captain_Twinkies

Captain_Twinkies Celebrity Meeper

This is a business, not just a server. The backup storage, we pay for by donating large amounts of money to our owner Fuzzlr. Minecraft servers have high-profit margins, there is no lying there. You don't need to say that backups are in any way as difficult or as costly. They are a necessary measure to ensures these things don't happen. I understand that you are trying to be positive in this situation, but we must admit to our faults if we are to fix them.

I don't like arguing with you because I respect you and I love you, but I just wanted to point that out. MeepCraft is also a business and there should have been far better standards and protocols set to ensure no rogue attack could devastate our community. Customers of Meep have lost time, money, and hard time because of the lack of backups.

All in all, let's ensure that this never, ever happens again. We need to have clearer communication regarding how our data is being handled and how access is given and secured. Backups should be a essential and routine thing. Absolutely essential.

Adrian likes this.
  11. Klitch

Klitch

They are extremely difficult and extremely costly. Profit margins for an extremely successful 1000+ player Minecraft servers are high.

Natsu likes this.
  12. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

lol chill out. And no, you're not a customer, you're a donor. You have no protections other than the choice to donate or not

Natsu likes this.
  13. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

just going to point this out
    6c7db722a33b4369aff78274eb66c216.png
    I agree with you, but it's actually a purchase and he is a customer

Dem0Gorgon and Natsu like this.
  14. Sp00kyP00tis

Sp00kyP00tis Popular Meeper

Agreed.

chris_is_crazy likes this.
  15. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

It's no one's business to know who it is.

chris_is_crazy and BooBear1227 like this.
  16. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

I know, we are all upset, but we have to look at the future of the server. I know the admins are working hard as they can to get things going again. I will be back from a trip to be helping the staff team tonight.. I been away the last few weeks due to something happened in real life. Saying this, The reset of the server will bring new and old players back into the server, I know a lot of old players were waiting for this reset, I feel it was for the best of the server.

This event has nothing to do with Mojang.

I have been here for many many years now, And I have seen all the ups and downs of Meepcraft, and each time we have come back stronger then before. The only thing I ask of all the players is that you understand and be there for support of the server, We need the players to keep the server going as a family.

17. TheTrueScruffy

TheTrueScruffy Active Meeper

Oh my gersh there are 4 players on MeepCraft now!

18. Perryjay2

Perryjay2 Popular Meeper

I completely agree.. however i dont think that momentum can be kept with the current staff count. We definately need to look into more staff/techs - or this momentum will drop in the first couple months of the reset.

19. RetroJo

RetroJo Celebrity Meeper

Glad do see we have natsu to talk some logic into people XD.

\/ supernatsu

novaskin-minecraft-wallpaper.jpeg

Natsu and Sp00kyP00tis like this.
  20. TheOrangeGeek

TheOrangeGeek Well-Known Meeper

So will people with donor ranks like me (Premium) will loose all perks and ranks?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 3, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 3, 2017 ---
    And I just made a town