1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

No Words.

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KlutchDecals, Jan 2, 2017.

1. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

Hello Meepcraft.

I really have no starting point so I may just jump right in.

A few days ago, our security was breached and we lost valuable information relating to the server. The entire database which keeps all the information about players was deleted. An (Unmamed) developers SSH key was found to have deleted them. After discussing the events with the developer, they claim it was not them that deleted the files, meaning it is a lie, or someone gained access to their information. Regardless of who it was, I have the displeasure of telling you that because of someones actions, we have to completely reset Meep.

With this news being as heart breaking as it is, we are going to need everyone to pull together. I know its not how we wanted to start 2017, but we are left no choice. We are taking this unfortunate circumstance to redo everything YOUR way. You have all asked us to go back to being EULA compliant, focus on towny, and re-balance the economy. With the re-opening of Meep, The long awaited jobs plugin will be released along with Mcmmo, and multiple updates to plugins we were afraid to touch before. This mean many bugs will no longer be an issue.

Along with these updates, The staff team is being redone as well. Many of the rules will be made clearer, many punishments will be lessened, and many of the ways we do things are being revamped. I want to meet with as many of you as possible to go over suggestions for community-staff relations. I may do another stream to talk to all of you more personally and get the ideas in the correct order.

Its easy to focus on the bad but I urge you all to look towards the future. We love you all.

All forms of negativity, discouragement, and toxicity will be removed from this thread.

Adrian, OKNEM, iKitten and 47 others like this.
  2. shains

shains never stop fighting

Can you please address donation ranks?

SJRuggs, cooey, IzzSt and 6 others like this.
  3. KlutchDecals

Being 100% honest I dont know. Im not tech savy enough. I know everything from buycraft is still there but Im not sure if it can be reinstated? Thats a fuzzlr or reggles or tech question. @reggles44 @Fuzzlr

4. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Celebrity Meeper

gg I'll b waiting for the reopening

SJRuggs, cooey, Homer455 and 5 others like this.
  5. shains

shains never stop fighting

I am hoping buycraft still has all the info, I'm fairly certain that's where all the info was stored.

I am excited for a new start, good luck to all the staff cleaning this up. If you need help, I'm around.

6. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

This makes me so sad but i know that we can pull together. And if I can ever do anything to help you know where to find me. =)

iKitten, cooey, FunGUY and 7 others like this.
  7. KlutchDecals

Its appreciated. Ill be in touch

cooey, FunGUY, MoonlitMadness and 2 others like this.
  8. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

Thanks for informing the community on what had happened.

I'll enjoy starting from an equal playing ground again, after not playing for 3 months, I'd really fallen behind. To everyone who's mad just realize this: it's MineCraft - get over it. Only thing I disagree with is this
    You've seen the amount of donations coming from donating from perks. That helps the server grow, one maybe two players not being able to log in, or too lazy to download SquidHQ won't hurt. Four people had either paid for ultimate or had someone buy it for them. That in itself is more donations than in the last two months alone.
    Can you explain how this will work please? I thought McMMO was jobs?

---
    My post had no intention of being toxic or negative, thanks for this thread.

Also, is alpha and beta gone or is it just Gamma?

FunGUY, cooey, MoonlitMadness and 8 others like this.
  9. PixelPooter

PixelPooter Celebrity Meeper

rip, I guess it's a new start for everyone.

10. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

Hopefully the player count will be split semi-evenly across Gamma, Beta, and Alpha. This is actually more good news than bad for me.

cooey, Splendy, Toostenheimer and 3 others like this.
  11. Bloopers

Bloopers Legendary Meeper

i think alpha beta and gamma are just gonna be one now??

12. maxyman

maxyman Popular Meeper

In some ways I think this is a good thing, having 3 towny maps was never going to work well for the economy. Now everyone is going to be playing on the same map in the same economy which is good. Ranks wise, if we have proof of our ranks surly you would be able to reinstate them? People have spend a LOT of money on these and they cant be just chucked away. I know its early days, but is there an ETA on the relaunch? Days, weeks or months?

13. KlutchDecals

All towny information was deleted. We will be going to one town.

14. maxyman

maxyman Popular Meeper

I'm 99% sure that's how it will be done.

15. Achrow

Achrow Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Architect

. . . I don't think i can re-start my money and house i loved my house more than anything ...

16. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

most of us have things we will miss on Meep but unfortunately this is the truth and the only way on from here :/

onwards and upwards!

17. Niiicck

Niiicck Retired SuperMod

This is definitely a sad start of the year, but we can look at it from different angles. The reset can give us opportunities to sprout out into a better directions. We got this MeepCraft!

18. Achrow

Achrow Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Architect

well at least when will meep be re-opened?

19. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

No external backup?

OKNEM, cooey, Splendy and 4 others like this.
  20. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

Man this week keeps getting worse and worse for meepcraft. Any reason the tech is unnamed?

21. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

To be honest, I just speed-read through the thread. This seems even better.

Toostenheimer and chris_is_crazy like this.