1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

we need to know

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Bloopers, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Klitch

Klitch

This is a misinterpretation and not a direct quote, mind you.

Garde7, metr0n0me and Deljikho like this.
  2. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

fixed. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Garde7 likes this.
  3. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

My apologies, he stated bold words were taken directly from you. I should've known better though tbh. From my experience working alongside you you've always looked at problems from many different angles, I don't know why I assumed this was going to be a different case. I will edit the post.

metr0n0me, MoonlitMadness and Klitch like this.
  4. Klitch

Klitch

not a problem my man :)

5. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

1. Meep WOULD have to remove perks to become compliant, but we dont plan to. Were blacklisted and they wont tell us why so, We dont care.

2. Minecraft can update to whatever it wants. Unless they do a client update, it wont make a difference for us. Since they have no plans to do a client update in the future, we have no worries.

It does NOT effect players joining, and the method we are using pretty much cannot be blocked. Simple as that!

6. Bloopers

Bloopers Legendary Meeper

look at it from a citizens perspective - let's say i'm a citizen here. (this story is a made up situation)

i've been playing on meep for 3 months now. i can't afford to donate and my parents wont do it for me. it's alright though, because there are no major perks to worry about - i have a fair chance to make cool things and play the game the same way as the ranked players.

yesterday, they gave perks to the ranked players. i don't know how to feel about this. for 3 months it's been ok - i can't rank up, my parents won't let me and i don't have a job. i think i'll just quit. i'll go play on some other server that doesn't have advantages for ranked players!

7. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

That's all I wanted to find out. Thanks a ton for the clarification!

metr0n0me and Klitch like this.
  8. Klitch

Klitch

So you're upset that we gave perks back which would more often than not incentivize a purchase?

metr0n0me likes this.
  9. Bloopers

why purchase the rank for like $120+ when you can go play on (whatever other server) for free?

also, @KlutchDecals - if mojang finds out about this blacklist bypassing, they'll probably do a client update.

10. Klitch

Klitch

I understand your point, but I don't understand what you're proposing. Not all players will donate, not all players will continue to play on Meepcraft, but bottom line, it will ultimately be far farer than it used to be before the EULA situation. Many players will purchase a rank, many players will not purchase a rank but continue to play, and I speculate that with these changes, few players will choose neither.

11. Bloopers

*logs in*
    *sees 5 people flying*
    /g how do i fly?
    "pay $320"
    *thinks to self: this server is kinda unfair, i'll go somewhere else*
    *leaves*

potential player lost

12. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

The server has made millions of dollars worth of donations like this in the past, soooo
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 31, 2016, Original Post Date: Dec 31, 2016 ---
    Thanks for the concise reply...helps a ton.

Klitch likes this.
  13. Klitch

Klitch

You raise all these questions and concerns, but you have yet to propose an idea that would solve this problem.

00000 and Muunkee like this.
  14. Bloopers

that's because before the EULA, it was expected for a server to have purchasable perks - that's how they stayed alive. after the EULA update, servers had to adapt by making really cool, compliant perks

95% of servers now are compliant and if somebody started playing minecraft after the EULA changes, it'd be normal to them to see cosmetic perks, and it should be normal for most people by now.

go look at the suggestions section, probably in the accepted subsection, at all of the suggestions by players(i know i made atleast one and it was accepted but never done) - these solutions were proposed months ago and nothing was done.

15. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

I want to know everything you secretive staff team!!

16. Bloopers

17. Klitch

Klitch

Yes these are great, but WHY do we need to remove the perks that aren't causing a problem (and from basic assumptions, won't in the future) with these?

metr0n0me likes this.
  18. Bloopers

also this golden response from deinen that is relevant once again
    upload_2016-12-31_20-45-56.png

Epicdude141 likes this.
  19. minetifa

minetifa Celebrity Meeper

i guarantee you werent saying this before they removed the perks to begin with

people donate to this server because they like THIS server, and they want the perks that donating brings on MEEP and MEEP only.

also READ the posts....
    this should clarify that there's no point in removing perks or becoming EULA compliant.

Pmx728 and metr0n0me like this.
  20. Bloopers

klitch asked me for a solution, that's why i listed those posts