1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

President Trump

Discussion in 'Debates' started by creepersareokay, Nov 8, 2016.

?

How Will Trump Do In Office?

1. Good, mang

44.2%
  2. Not so good, mang

55.8%
  1. Maximum Trump

Maximum Trump Meeper

I don't think 5 people can affect the average of 1,069 as such.

But still, [citation needed] for your figures.

2. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

1) A President's job isn't to go to every factory and "save jobs"
    2) Carrier is still outsourcing 40% of that factories workforce, and plans to automate as many of those 1000 saved jobs as they can, all while raising prices on their products.
    3) It was 1000, then it was 900, 800, and now it's 700ish jobs.

Carrier Corp.: Donald Trump Potentially Destroys Millions Of Jobs To 'Save' 800

3. Maximum Trump

Maximum Trump Meeper

1) A President makes momentous economic decisions all the time. The fact that Trump would make a statement by personally dealing with Carrier is a victory in and of itself... but by the way, he isn't even President yet. Tremendous!

2) Yes, shame on Trump for maintaining a good relationship with Carrier while saving the livelihood of hundreds of families. Keep in mind that Barack Obama said it would take a magic wand to save any jobs at all.

3)

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/06/business/dealbook/donald-trump-mayayoshi-son-softbank.html

Are we tired of winning yet, folks?

Wubb8t and Captain_Twinkies like this.
  4. RetroJo

RetroJo Celebrity Meeper

so heres the deal its called electoral votes it doesn't matter who got more votes if there not electoral now don't complain that's not fair it is if Hillary won using electoral votes but trump got more votes than you Hillary supporters wouldn't care

5. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

The election is January 6th (or maybe some other day of January, not 100% sure.)

6. Captain_Twinkies

Captain_Twinkies Celebrity Meeper

If President-elect Donald Trump is confirmed by the electoral college, on January 20th, he will assume office.

7. creepersareokay

creepersareokay Celebrity Meeper

the electoral college meets December 19th, for anyone wondering

8. Wubb8t

Wubb8t Celebrity Meeper

Your complaining about jobs being saved. Get over yourself.

9. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I'm all for jobs being saved. What I am against is the blatant misrepresentation of it which follows the same trend of almost everything I've ever witnessed in the man, complete falsehood. He goes and makes a deal with a single business, a strategy that is unfeasible in anyway, to save 1,100 jobs he claims in his praise to carrier. When a union rep calls him out on the numbers, in actuality 800, Trump begins to attack him directly and the auto union he represents. We elected someone to the highest office in this country who has thus far denied intelligence briefings, engaged in multitudes of twitter wars with all sorts of people. Our next President has a god damn fued with a SATURDAY NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAM.

If you look at the Trump administration you can already see it's shaping up to be essentially the same swamp he's pledged repeatedly to drain. The notable exceptions tend to be those who are genuinely delusional, such as Steve Bannon or Michael Flynn. Speaking of pledging things, this is a man who has blatantly said anything anyone wanted to hear in order to win. That's great if it's a game-show, but it's not that great when it comes to things like making sure he is void of personal interest conflicts, which he is absolutely not. We're going to have a President who is actively employed in the private sector, actively taking shape in the businesses he owns or owns by proxy of his children. We're going to have a President who is making sovereign diplomatic moves in order to advance his business interests.

I dunno man, something has to give cause the world seems like it's getting darker. Nationalism has never had a hyper-advanced surveillance state to work with before and I'm not so sure how much I'd like to find out.

10. Wubb8t

Wubb8t Celebrity Meeper

Your political opinion is so far swung to the left that you cannot have an unbiased opinion anymore. Worthless trying to convince you of anything.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  11. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

What part is to the left? To find it unacceptable our next President is a reality TV star seemingly more pre-occupied to twitter than to getting ready for his next job? To find it unacceptable that our next President comes into the office with so many financial conflicts of interest?

Is worrying about a populist sweep globally leftist? Populism is not forward thinking, historically speaking, and Nationalism itself threatens basic civil rights we enjoy, namely Freedom of Speech / Press.

12. Wubb8t

Wubb8t Celebrity Meeper

lol.

13. x_bigheart_x

x_bigheart_x Celebrity Meeper

I honestly don't have any problem with Trump.
    It's Mike Pence that I'm just a teeny bit terrified of.
    Everyone wants Trump to be impeached, but if he does, then we have to deal with Pence.
    If you didn't already know, it may be a rumor, I'm not sure, but Pence wants to defund all AID/HIV programs and put that money into conversion therapy. Conversion therapy is a horrible attempt to make kids straight.
    Conversion Therapy
    Now, I am trans and have not very accepting parents. I am also in a state that conversion therapy is illegal, but I know kids that have been forced to go despite the law.
    I'm not saying the rumors are true, but if it is, that could be very bad for people like my friends (who are also part of the LGBT community) and I.

14. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Lol what? Do you not have any legitimate replies on his genuine conflict of interests?

15. Maximum Trump

Maximum Trump Meeper

[​IMG]

16. RetroJo

RetroJo Celebrity Meeper

I agree with Klutch the day a 3rd party gets elected is the day pigs fly cool meep.gif

17. x_bigheart_x

x_bigheart_x Celebrity Meeper

i mean
    teddy roosevelt was a third party
    it's possible

RetroJo likes this.
  18. creepersareokay

creepersareokay Celebrity Meeper

Yes, but he wasn't elected. In the current system of voting, it's pretty much impossible. The Electoral College and the First Past the Post voting system need to be abolished.

19. RetroJo

RetroJo Celebrity Meeper

cool meep.gif Actually teddy Roosevelt was elected as a republican party canidant. A third party canident has not yet been elected. Don't believe me look at this Theodore Roosevelt - U.S. Presidents - HISTORY.com Although president Roosevelt did create the progressive party after his term was over.

20. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I'd say George Washington was in a sense a third party, as in he had no party affiliation.

Natsu and RetroJo like this.