1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Towny War

Discussion in 'Denied' started by FlamingCharizard12468, Nov 5, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Given my background, I have always been excited for something like this to be added. Allow me to address the counter-arguments for the concept.
    Actually, this would not divide the community, because you would be choosing to fight the other.

In actuality, this would benefit the economy greatly because it would consume diamonds. Given the slump in the diamond and Ebook markets, wars will benefit them by creating a much larger demand. Higher demand for diamonds would level out a surplus of supply.
    We had a fairly long discussion on the topic in global. There are quite a few differences between Towny Wars and Clash of Clans. Here are just a few of them.
    • Troops
    One of the key components of Clash of Clans is that you are the general, and deploy your troops to attack the village. The troops have their own AI which you cannot control. This is a major deviation from what Towny Wars are in that every single "troop" is an actual person. It's not really comparable to Clans at all, because you yourself are the soldier, and it is based on your solo skill.
    • Engineering
    Rather than just plopping down some defense building, then upgrading them, Towny Wars fortifications are far more intelligent. Have you seen the kinds of traps people can build with just a little Redstone? The kind of walls and tactics used in a far more comparable playstyle, Factions, can be ingenious. It takes a whole lot more intelligence to design smart fortifications than it does to throw down buildings in the right place.
    • Teamwork
    In traditional Clash of Clans, each raid is simply you attacking another person's base. Even in wars, where you fight with your clan, you enter the battle alone. For Towny Wars, you are organizing raiding parties to overwhelm the other town's defenders, who also are organizing to repel you. Group battles are a lot of fun when done with friends, or even against friends.
    Simply put, having a large town doesn't really give you any advantage (Rip, Kling). Towny Wars normally depend on PvP skills and engineering, neither of which is terribly affected by numbers. Everyone here knows @legendcaleb would wreck just about everyone here in a fight. Well, what happens if there's two or three really good fighters in one town? They're probably gonna win against a much larger town with lots of lower skill level players. Why? Because, they had more skill. Plain and simple as that.

This is actually a reason to add it. Think about it, if we have something that is truly fun for people to do, others are gonna join in, and therefore increase player retention. Higher player retention creates a stronger foundation for new players to join into. Therefore, we would be creating a stronger server-base in the end by giving something for more players to accomplish.
    Basically, this is why people want it. It's fun. Given that many players get bored of Towny, adding a much faster paced form of it will allow it to appeal to a larger audience.

iKitten, cooey and Natsu like this.
  2. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

Here's the thing my guy: we've tried this before. People want skywars? UHS? skyblock? okay. let's do it! Spend months and months on developing them, then see little to no (or negative) change in player base. That's why I don't think this is a good idea.

Deljikho and Courtneyyy like this.
  3. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

That message I sent was sent before that discussion.

Although I have disagreed with you in the past, you've changed my side with that post. I am undecided on whenether or not this should be added, because of what madioson said, we do not have a clue if this will change the playerbase.

I have moved from -1 to +/-.

4. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

I understand where you're coming from with that, but allow me to show the difference between these things. It's difficult to compare things like Skyblock, Skywars, UHS, etc. because those are completely different gamemodes. Towny wars is an extension of what we already have. Nobody played UHS (Not many even noticed it's been gone since the Gamma update) because it just wasn't fun. It was difficult, but it really didn't offer anything you couldn't do in a single-player world. Skyblock, again, is something completely different than what most players do. If we're honest, most people (of those playing the server itself) are in the Towny worlds. Even Skywars is something that is different, though I will say that it has a fairly regular stream of people.

Therefore, the diference between Towny Wars and the rest is it is a direct extension of Towns, not a different inventory, balance, world, etc.

Captain_Twinkies likes this.
  5. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

Imagine a town you love for you ck, Dreamcraft, if they lose a war you lose what you love.

6. Captain_Twinkies

Captain_Twinkies Celebrity Meeper

War is one of the most economically stimulating or damaging things that can happen to a nation, town, country, etc.

Certainly, one way or another, it will give arise to either Legacy or Gamma's economy.

Perhaps we could "test" Towny wars on Legacy then moving onto Gamma, possibly?

Qaws likes this.
  7. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

Towns can stay neutral, going to war is optional.

iKitten, Pmx728 and CluelessKlutz like this.
  8. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

I'd be perfectly fine with that. If we lose a war, our chests get looted, sure, but it wouldn't affect the buildings at all.

SuperDyl, 00000 and Pmx728 like this.
  9. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

Would be cool but its been a no for like 4 years now

10. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

Nice job in pushing him away from the community. That's not how it works here, buddy.

Alrighty, so I've heard that Towny Wars was a whole lot of fun back around 2012/2013. I never did it, but from hearing other player's experiences, it was an absolute blast for some people, like this happy fella:
    Now,
    This confuses me a bit. Towns can choose when to start wars, but wars automatically begin on Fridays and end on Saturdays. Is there a specific way towns start wars, or will this be the way?
    Also, I think the Nations, like what Pmx said above, can also have a bit of play in this.

+1

11. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

-1 this sounds like absolute chaos and griefing.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 21, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 21, 2016 ---
    There are 3 towns dominating rn.

Though the rest are not redicoulously far behind
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 21, 2016 ---
    Haha, towny war in meepcraft and irl would be different, it would destroy the economy.

12. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

-1 for now.

I think the techs should be working on implementing new jobs and 1.11 before doing anything else.

Captain_Twinkies likes this.
  13. 00000

00000 Guest

Evidently you have no prior experience with it, please try to be constructive instead of basing your entire argument on what you think will happen.

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  14. maxyman

maxyman Popular Meeper

Tbh what we need in meep these days is a bit of fun. This could be a great way of providing said fun +1

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  15. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

How would it ruin the economy?

16. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

We will be discussing this further, accepted!

17. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

After more discussion, this will not be implemented at this time.

SuperDyl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.