1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Towny War

Discussion in 'Denied' started by FlamingCharizard12468, Nov 5, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlamingCharizard12468

FlamingCharizard12468 New Meeper

I had a conversation with some people on Meepcraft and we agreed that towny wars would be fun. My suggestions are the following:

War is optional: Towns can choose if they want to participate in wars
    War: If towns compete, they can be attacked and they can attack other towns in a factions-like way( TNT Cannons), but they cannot overclaim territory. Players participate in PVP with eachother and player drops from kills can be picked up.
    Rewards: The items in chests that the TNT Cannons blow up can be picked up by anyone and player drops from kills can also be picked up.
    Times: Wars begin at Friday 9 PM EST and end at Sunday 9 PM EST and last 48 Hours

Please take this into consideration.

2. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

This has been suggested to death, doubt it will be accepted this time.

MeepLord27 likes this.
  3. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

-1 would divide the community
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 5, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 5, 2016 ---
    And no ones gonna accept a suggestion that very new person that joined today and only has a couple messages

4. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

+1
    The nations choose to have wars. This would give use to nations, if your town doesn't want to join in on towny wars, the. Choose a nation wisely.

iKitten and maxyman like this.
  5. 00000

00000 Guest

Lmao @ you thinking you're an old player. You're a small child who is perm banned and thinks they're important. Get off your high horse, Flaming talked with us in shout and he is VERY pleasant to speak to, much more so than you. Stop picking on him.

Yeah I feel like it doesn't have to be divisive for the community, because you could just leave a nation temporarily while they have a war then return if you really like that nation. It's something that my town personally feels would be exciting and fun.

Unfortunately it has been suggested to hell and back with no real results. I just hope that staff will understand that even with it enabled, players aren't forced to participate in any way. We had a compromise with Gamma, where legacy stayed but gamma was a partial reset. Why not do it again?

6. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

Exactly. I wouldn't want my town to be in a towny war, but why ruin the fun for others. It would also make the game more interesting, plus it brings more nation/town pride.

00000 and Adam34falcon like this.
  7. 00000

00000 Guest

yes, in my opinion it's not fair for others to kill the fun for others. Some people think towny is an outlet for creativity and a place to build gigantic structures, towns, and empires, which they can be proud of, and others feel it could benefit from some war and excitement. That subjectivity, of "what is the goal of ____", is integral to minecraft's success, and it's also a key part of towny. Those who do enjoy war are free to participate, those who don't don't have to!

Additionally I feel it's necessary to propose this being by either a nation or town basis; there is somewhat of a disparity in nation size in terms of towns. Seems like the "city-state warring" approach would be much more interesting (as there are merely lots of towns which may individually participate), but the "world war" (by nations) seems interesting as well.

BlackJack and Pmx728 like this.
  8. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

A worthy successor. I like your style.

9. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

+1 Let Gamma take over everyone.

iKitten, Qaws and TechnoTyson like this.
  10. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

-1 would require techs to work

iKitten, KyloMeep, cooey and 5 others like this.
  11. TechnoTyson

TechnoTyson Popular Meeper

+1 We'd get destroyed by Gamma but all in a bit of fun

12. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

-1. I had my reasons last time it was suggested, but DwarFmorf has said enough.
    Also im not a big fan of Clash of Clans.

13. 00000

00000 Guest

State your reasons, there is no reason that it cannot be made optional, so that those who wish to participate may do so and people like you are not forced to.

Pmx728 likes this.
  14. Jiltism

Jiltism Celebrity Meeper

Not going to lie, the best day I ever had on Meep was when j00mad (the original) and I literally recruited a ton of people to his town and nation just to get the required number online to start a war. We raided a massive town (I think the owner was named RayA? I don't remember exactly. He was a popular community member at the time. It was Ray something) and I got some massive loot. Admin heads, signed books, stacks of diamond blocks, god armor. It was epic. We had tnt and were blowong things. Then it died down. A few minutes later multiple mods were threatening to ban me for using a war plugin that was enabled. War was disabled, I had to return the items. Still super fun though, I remember like 20+ people running around this town fighting, lava everywhere. Awesome stuff. Maybe make towns that want to war have to advertise accordingly, so any residents don't get screwed. This could work, and I preached it hard in my day.

15. trisckabob

trisckabob Meeper

16. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

+1

maxyman, Jiltism and BlackJack like this.
  17. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Completely untrue.

as for the suggestion, I personally dont want to participate, so as long as a town had the option to opt out thatd be great.

Toostenheimer, Pmx728 and 00000 like this.
  18. 00000

00000 Guest

Thank you for your constructive criticism. Leave an actual reason.

Pmx728 likes this.
  19. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

We dont need this
    This will ruin the community and just make too much risk in the gama (esp with the current eco)

20. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

There's not really enough people to actively spend the time to participate even if this was implemented. There would be like two towns dominating everything and all the other towns would just die then we'd have even less players :( .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.