1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Men hitting women.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by nhjed, Oct 17, 2016.

1. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

Or rather, men being able to physically defend themselves against women.

I'm not for this at all, it's wrong. Males have evolved to be stronger than females. But, there are two sides of an argument. What if a female punched me, and she's 6'0 230? Do I not defend myself?

Discuss.

Marshy_88 and _MacintoshWave_ like this.
  2. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

Right hand jab to the jaw

3. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Gender is a non issue. If one hits you, then they are able to handle one back.

benster82, cooey, Cookies713 and 16 others like this.
  4. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I dont understand why this is eben a question
    Dont hit people unless you have too...regardless of who they are

cooey, Cherrykit, SirCallow and 8 others like this.
  5. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

There is a massive difference in hitting someone back because they hit you and hitting someone because you're angry they did something wrong. Domestic violence is a sensitive subject and chances are women will use it against you. But if you as a female have the guts to punch a man you better be man enough to take it right back.

Blue_Marlin, cooey, Cherrykit and 7 others like this.
  6. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Depends if they pack a punch, I use to have a missus that was a little violent but it was something I could take so I found no reason to lay a hand on her. Although my best mates past girlfriend was a psychopath, he told me a few occasions when she went at him with a weapon and if that was me in that scenario it would have been left right goodnight. I believe if a woman hits a man she better be ready to take a hit back but it just comes down to your self control and situation to defend yourself. But a man should never be the first to hit a woman or anyone if it is not a threatening situation. Everyone has the right to defend themselves from anyone, gender has nothing to do with it but if a man is committing domestic abuse he better enjoy prison. :mooning:

cooey, Hyori, Cherrykit and 7 others like this.
  7. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

Neither genders should hit the other unless they absolutely must but just because someone is a different gender isn't going to stop me from defending myself. To be honest I would be insulted if a man didn't hit me back when I hit him.

Cherrykit and Photoave12 like this.
  8. TechnoTyson

TechnoTyson Popular Meeper

If someone hits you take it as a message they don't want you at the moment and walk away don't hit anyone back because they hit you.

9. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

If someone punched you dead in the face you're just going to calmly walk away?

cooey, Cherrykit, Ranger0203 and 2 others like this.
  10. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

Yeah i'd run

metr0n0me and Splendy like this.
  11. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

If you're backed into a corner with nowhere to go?

12. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

I'll hit on ur mom

13. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Women can hit men but men can't hit women simple as that

/thread sarcasm

14. Supreme_Overlord

Supreme_Overlord Popular Meeper

I'm a proponent of the idea that nobody should be going around hitting others, but regardless, how bad hitting another person is should be decided by how much damage is done, not by the sexes of the people. On average, men are biologically stronger than women, so sure, it would be accurate to say that it's generally worse for a man to hit a woman; however, if a woman is clearly stronger than a man and she hits this man, she is doing something worse than this man would be doing if he hit her. Furthermore, regardless of strength, anybody and everybody should be able to defend themselves if they are hit first (however, it should be noted that one should only do what's needed for defense).
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 17, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 17, 2016 ---
    Unless it is a threatening situation (depending on what counts as "threatening"), I don't think that anybody should be the first to hit anybody.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 17, 2016 ---
    It depends a lot on the situation, I'd say. Unfortunately, in some cases of domestic violence, the 'hits' are actual beatings, not just a slap, in which case, it's unlikely that the beater is going to just let the victim walk away before they're done. So, in cases where someone is getting beaten, fighting back seems like it would be a better option than walking away. On the other hand, in less severe situations, where the 'hits' are just slaps or punches that occur in a moment of anger, then it might be smarter to just walk away (depending on the situation, of course). Regardless, if somebody hits you (assuming that they'll actually hurting you and you feel threatened, in order to not count situations where, for instance, a young kid hits an adult), I'd say that you're always justified hitting them back; however, whether or not it's smart to do so does depend on the situation.

Cherrykit, fasehed, Splendy and 2 others like this.
  15. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Showing an intention to cause bodily harm.

KyloMeep and GroovyGrevous like this.
  16. Supreme_Overlord

I think that it might be best to redefine it to, "Showing an intention to cause bodily harm in a way that makes someone feel like they're in danger." For instance, a four year old could display an intent to harm me, but does that justify me hitting them? No, of course not, because I know that I'm not actually in danger.

17. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

What would you do if a toddler had a gun
    Teen with gun?
    Legally insane person with a gun?

Splendy likes this.
  18. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

If you're a man, you don't hit a woman. I don't care if shes whooping you.

If you cant take a hit from a woman, you don't deserve to be in the presence of one. Put a skirt on.

19. Supreme_Overlord

That's why I said that whether or not you're threatened should depend on whether or someone is showing intent to hurt you in a way that you feel that you are in danger of actually being hurt. If a toddler is aiming a gun at an adult (assuming that the toddler is capable of using said gun) and has the intention to shoot, that toddler is clearly putting the adult in danger, so the adult would be justified doing whatever to get out of said danger. However, if a toddler threatens to punch an adult, the adult is not actually in danger of getting hurt, so the adult would not be justified to hit the child (punching a toddler that threatens to hit you is not self defense because you have no danger/harm to defend yourself against).

20. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

Bad post

WeAreNumberUno likes this.