1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

STAFF MESSAGE Time to think

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by KlutchDecals, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Why is adding less money good? How does the number of needles affect a players daily life?

2. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Why do you keep saying "This is where everyone is getting lost" instead of "This is where I may be wrong"?

Anyways, why don't we focus on what this thread is about and make some progress on the mending case?
    Could you atleast answer Deinen's previous question? (The one about providing some statistics behind "mending is bad")

3. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

There is unlimited supply, and under certain circumstances, items experience rapid deflation due to a production level not matched by demand. The shop is what kept prices from experiencing both inflation and deflation, and without something to take unneeded items out of the system, those items will indeed be driven down in price.

Im not sure where you're trying to go with the ferrari analogy, but you can't buy all of the ferraris in the world because they maintain a high purchase price. It's something that is protected by the difficulty to make a ferrari plus the cost of each unit.

Also, the source of money does not matter, neither does the amount. If I can make as much money from /jobs than I can with the /shop theres no problem there. My point is that it was the shop that safeguarded items from experiencing inflation and deflation. Without those safeguards, along with the reduction in meebles available to the player, the economy is suffering from a lack of players buying things from others players, resulting in a stagnant economy. When players don't have an excess in money, they don't buy things. Its as simple as that. They instead go get things for themselves. Regardless of how much money is coming in from jobs, it simply doesn't make up for the fact that there will be too many items in the system and not enough people buying those items to keep up with market deflation.

CluelessKlutz and Dockson like this.
  4. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

LOL

YOU GUYS ARE THE ONES WHO BROUGHT IT UP WTF lol. Why are you pinning this on me lol. Stop making this like its a personal argument that im siding for. I asked you to discuss it because Ive been messaged in game literally 8-10 times about mending.

This is what the eco difference is. Now instead of inflating the eco with jobs and shops, youre doing it with jobs then using players $ to sell.

Im pretty much done arguing the eco change here tbh. You all think youre wizards but have never put effort into make an eco change. Now that ones here you wanna pick it apart less than 1 week after its put in affect. If youre so good with eco and predictions, Wju didnt you come up with a change?

5. builderjunkie012

What was so wrong about the previous economy that would prompt a change

metr0n0me and Dockson like this.
  6. KlutchDecals

What economy!?!?

_Gimble_1. likes this.
  7. builderjunkie012

Old Legacy/Early Gamma. That economy

Dockson likes this.
  8. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

You know what, never mind that and to be fair, it's only builder talking about the bigger picture here which is absolutely fine since it all goes hand in hand.

I am just saying, that you word your arguments rather awkwardly. Your original post seemed like something an annoyed kid would write in a rush. All I am asking is for you to give your 5 cents on the matter (Mending books, not general eco) in an... informative matter?

You are asking us for an opinion and the dominant opinion here is that mending is not as bad as it may seem. Care to provide a counter argument? Just anything dude. Don't take me wrong, but I don't like seeing "LOL, WTF", exaggerations, capitalized text and what not from an admin being serious about setting up an economy.

9. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I have that experience.

I do not get.

1) How is mending hurting the economy? Can an answer be provided with facts?

2) How does a balance total affect a player in the daily? What would more meebles in the eco change that? How would less meebles in the economy change that?

3) Isn't the prospect of radical changes in the eco hurting it as much, if not more, than the perceived problems?

10. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

It was boring, anyone who played past a certain point had so much money they could do anything, and making money wasn't very hard either...

11. builderjunkie012

The balance total will never affect a player. The only reason seeing high numbers at the top of /baltop could ever be bad is if a new player came to the server, saw hornemans with 100mil at the top (back in the day) and became discouraged upon realizing how much effort that 100mil would take to obtain. In any real sense, those numbers don't effect the server at all. Theyre not even representative of any data such as the age of the economy, the distribution of those meebles among players, the amount of players that number represents, and most importantly, how often those meebles change hands whether its to another player or to a server entity.

12. PainCakexx1997

PainCakexx1997 Squirrel Power!

hmm, well i would not look at the old economy and think that was fun to play. Think about it, when you own everything and there is nothing to spend money/time on, what do you do? It gets boring and when everyone has everything there is nothing to do anymore. It destroys the gameplay acpect of what meep should be. It should be a place were you can come back as much as you like to reach a new gameplay goal that you have. ( that is just my opinion). If we destroy that what is meep? What do you want to see meep as? Do you want a game that is set on the godmode dificulty were you can spawn in everything and do not have to work for anything? Is that a fun game? Don't you agree that a game should be about reaching some form of goal that you have set and the harder it is to reach that goal the better it feels when you reach it? Because that is why i play games.....

Mending hurts the economy because economy=Gameplay experience and when everyone has everything the game is no longer fun.....
    With mending diamonds, iron, enchanted books, sticks, wood, etc. Will be effected and that will have a effect on the gameplay experience. And the effect it will have is that it will stockpile and destroy those items values and then everyone can get/has a allmost infinite amount of those.

answere above.

Nope, i would not think so, because the new eco is more fun.... And my survey showed that people were ok with the halfway reset sins it was something that was needed for the server to be more fun for everyone. And change will allways be needed to move forward. We might trip along the way but we must allways get up and take that next step, if you do not get up when you fall you will just stagnate and die.

Have a nice day ;)

PainCakexx1997

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  13. KlutchDecals

I. Do. Not. Have. An. Argument. For the love of god.

Forget it. Locking this thread. Ill handle it without your opinion because apparently no one can have a conversation without "Argument'.

14. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Perk of being a mod is I can still post. ;)

-- I've had a series of well, heated, discussions with @KlutchDecals about some of the change in the way the economy works. I think the mistake I was making is viewing this on too small of a scope. I can say that these changes are not an attempt to simply reduce an arbitrary number, as they have been many times before. To put it briefly @KlutchDecals is trying to spearhead some initiative to try to make the economy something we want to participate more. We've done this numerous times before, with MeepShop, and then just with player-chest shops which most ended not in success. I'm not saying this will be an absolute failure, or success, but I can say that he is definitely approaching this in a very different manner than we, and other past admins had, which is a good thing.

His changes are not driven by reducing an economy, but making an economy that is actually fun, more than the meh we're at currently. Knowing this, I suggest that we should not instantly view it from that perspective, but if we're going to change it, what is ideally the coolest way to do so. This Mending thread was just that, would we have a funner game with that part of the economy re-enabled, which mending does work towards shutting down.

(@KlutchDecals - That is being a people person ;))

15. KlutchDecals

I am not very good at being a people person. But thank you.

n00bslayer_99 and Dockson like this.
  16. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I'm unlocking this thread on the condition of:

Let's try to not think of numbers that are arbitrary, but how we want to interact with the economy.

17. PseudoGod

PseudoGod Celebrity Meeper

Can I suggest to make the most rewarding parts of meepcraft also be the most fun? Currently as it stands, you can make a whole ton of money just gathering stuff for people to buy, but that's not necessarily fun.

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  18. nath.banana

nath.banana Popular Meeper

If the prices drop, let them drop, that's how it goes. There are plenty of other ways to make money.

19. KlutchDecals

20. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

more fun than sitting at your wood grinder all day and selling to the shop
    fun=/=easy

KlutchDecals likes this.