1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Eco Changes

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KlutchDecals, Sep 15, 2016.

1. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

Ok where to start.

Voting notes since thats easy. Voting was 4 times per day, 2k each.
    After looking at how money was introduced into a/b it turns out that voting is 2,920,000 per year, per player.

Thats way to high with the current economy. I understand that it takes away from the point of voting, but I have a few good ideas for vote rewards including items, more notes, and temporary perks such as a custom title note. These will be implemented asap but are not as high a priority as other fixes currently on trello. PLEASE Pm me if you have some cool ideas. Im very interested to see what you guys come up with.

Now to the shop and future of the eco.

As many of you know, the /warp shop has always been a place for people to offload tons and tons of items, adding incredible amounts of money into the economy. Time and time again, the ecos been reset and had led to the same inflation every time.
    Now is Klutch's turn and I take full responsibility for the shop changes, good and bad.
    With the new shop setup, Nothing is sell-able to the server and no money can be brought into the eco out of it, and much less items in the shop.

This is necessary at the moment for 2 things:
    1. It makes the new main focus of buying and selling items the Meep-shop or player to player interaction. Its allowing for players to look on the shop for items that no ones selling, and generate the market for themselves. Its also passing money from player to player instead of just adding to a climbing baltop. It allows money to enter at a slower pace. If we see the price of something dropping from accumulation, we can add a buy price to that specific item and bring the price back to a reasonable market with one easy, controlled method.

2. Less items being sold in the shop means you guys have to work for them. Players have much more items they can go collect, and make a market for. With no spawners being implemented, theirs a need for many of the items that became irrelevant in the old towns. Bones for example were worthless in a/b but now, they FLY off the Meep-shop. At the time I'm making this post, theirs no logs of any type, no web, 24 bones, you get my point. This makes a player to player market and encourages players to get out there and make money the fun way. SO ITS NOTED HERE. We want to change the tax to when an item is sold instead of listed, but we have to discuss a little more before doing so. Don't hold it against me if it doesn't happen I just want to keep you in the loop. Also, the item cap has been increased from 10,000 to 50,000.

Now comes ways to make money because I know the complaints will flow in. As mentioned, theirs HUNDREDS of items not sold on Meep-shop at the moment. SO stop complaining. The second method is Jobs. I know Mattisaperson made a thread saying we will nerf them, and some may, some got buffed today. Jobs are the main focus of adding money and we WANT it that way. Jobs = items and items = sales to new players. Thats how the eco should be and I dont plan to seriously nerf anything on the list. Voting is not the third way but as mentioned, you can make 1,460,000 per year per player from voting. Minigames are also a way, but again not intended to be for meeble making, more for fun to take a break from towny because towny is the main focus.

Another issue brought up was that you guys "lose" a perk. Thats not how it is at all. The items are not perm, and will change / fluctuate. The smaller shop size has now made the shop manageable for us to change and work with you guys to see whats working. Prices were set high on purpose to see where the values fall. We all know you guys jump at the chance to abuse the shop so thats intended for now. Also note that villager eggs have sold well at this price, and how can you (Matt) say to remove buy but encourage a lower villager price. Villagers single handily ruin ecos, so they need to be high.

But hey, I know a lot of you have concerns and ideas, but please give this a chance. Right now its in a beta stage and we are seeing how you guys adapt and like it. If its junk and doesn't work, I take full responsibility and we can return the shop back to the way it was. please please please give this a chance without making 15 threads about it day after day.

Ps. Many of you say the Rare bush I added to the shop. Expect many more "rare and collectible" Items to be added for donors only. =p

2. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

3. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

I actually like it a lot

Savage2017 and Zoe89 like this.
  4. Wiggle_Waggle

Wiggle_Waggle Popular Meeper

5. triscope

triscope Celebrity Meeper

This looks like it will make it harder for a player trying to make a big castle (in towny ofc) with a gold /throne or a PvPer trying to make ((LEGAL)) potions in masses without taking a long time, because ever since quests have been added, bottles have been priced INCREDIBLY high. Don't forget that new thing that you have to use alongside potions that requires going to the nether to get (not including spawners) which is probably too high. Are there anythings to combat this? Maybe a max price in /buy and /find??

6. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Why make a max price when you are selling when you could simply not buy that item?
    I can shout all day that Im selling a stick for $100, if you think thats too much go get your own stick :3

You should be able to work for your stuff.

7. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

Hey, you know all these things that are difficult to acquire without a server shop? Now there's an incentive to go and collect those things to sell. People will still get what they need, meebles will be transferred, but now instead of adding those meebles to the economy, they're transferred from player to player. Thus preventing the snowball that was the Alpha/Beta economy.

It's not that hard to get bottles, Blaze Powder, gold, potion materials, anything like that. It just takes a little time and effort, which people aren't willing to put forth. They've been spoiled by /warp shop for years now.

8. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

They could make bottles it's only 3 glass

Klitch and KlutchDecals like this.
  9. FatIsNoob

FatIsNoob Celebrity Meeper

*there's <3 pls no ban ily still waiting for that reply @KlutchDecals :p

10. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

nerf.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 16, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 16, 2016 ---
    Eventually we're going to hit a point where too many people are selling the same items (mostly the items that correspond with jobs) and those items will hit a point of rapid deflation until theyre no longer valuable

11. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

Maybe make jobs a bit better though?

12. KlutchDecals

Certainly, which is a rough part of any eco server, but at that point we can do a server buy back for those items, deflate the accumulation of those items in the economy, and have a controlled balance of item values.

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  13. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

un nerf fishing

14. KlutchDecals

fishing was never nerfed ?

15. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

Very Cool man! Keep it up :)

16. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

The farmer job is broken - Wheat, potato and carrot all don't give any payout.

17. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

can we just remove the item cap?

18. ThecrazyJJ

ThecrazyJJ Popular Meeper

It's even worse when you consider the fact that new players will find it much, much harder harder to make and maintain a town, as well as those who already own them, as town and pwarp taxes now represent a very significant portion of our potential income. Without people making new towns and upgrading existing ones because they fear collapse, there's no demand for those products right off the bat. Furthermore, decreasing the amount of money simply furthers our reliance on high /baltop people, something I don't think they alone are going to be able to handle.

builderjunkie012 likes this.
  19. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Is on trelloo

Pmx728 and n00bslayer_99 like this.
  20. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

okayooo

Muunkee likes this.