1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Pay for custom titles

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Photoave12, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Photoave12

Photoave12 Popular Meeper

Since people have been talking about custom titles a lot in /g, I thought it would really help the server if people were able to pay to get a custom in-game title for a day/week.

These could be styled differently from the non-buy able titles to differentiate them and would definitely help bring in money to the server

benster82 and TimothyJH like this.
  2. TechnoTyson

TechnoTyson Popular Meeper

Day week, month, I would spend $20 on a custom tittle saying SmokingHot

benster82, Lady_Hestia, cooey and 5 others like this.
  3. Photoave12

Maybe they could be limited to a drop down list of pre-selected options that once someone buys one, it becomes unavailable for anyone else so its unique.

Also maybe only have like 1 or 2 titles do when they're sold out it creates a high demand for them.

^^ in addition to this, maybe make it so you can buy one that's "sold out" for a higher price?

@kcschmidt [the suggestion master] any thoughts?

TechnoTyson and TimothyJH like this.
  4. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

I'd happily ay 20$ for rank (Canadian)

I have now reserved that tag

Photoave12, TechnoTyson and TimothyJH like this.
  5. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

Huge -1. For a few reasons:
    1. Once these get added, everyone will buy them, and it will just become a normal thing, like Legend or Elite or any other rank.
    2. If a new player joined the server, I feel like they would be overwhelmed because they see like 20 different ranks all at once.
    3. A custom title is something very unique, that only a select few people have. Sure, a lot have been added that past few days, but they are still pretty rare.

All I could think of atm, I'll add more when I think of them.

6. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

I would like to buy one but like Piro said, they'll become the normal. People could also set it to bad words and all and there's gonna be too much kerfuffle to sort out those players. It's better when it's unique.

7. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

Fantasy happy rainbows and lollipops POV: Literally I would pay $100 to get my name to say in dark green text DANK if it was there forever. So much awesome things you could put.

Money don't grow on trees and life and all sunshine and happiness POV: New players would be very confused and many people probably wouldn't buy this I feel. say it was $10 for 2 days. Thats a pretty bad price for a temporary visual change. People of course could also put inappropriate things. Would we have people 1 by 1 sort thru each name then approve the purchase or just automated.

Overall -1 but if you could go more in depth on pricing and how said system would work I might change my vote.

TechnoTyson and TimothyJH like this.
  8. TimothyJH

TimothyJH Popular Meeper

+1

Imagine this:
    [​IMG]
    xD

iGwampa, Imperfectly, fasehed and 6 others like this.
  9. TechnoTyson

TechnoTyson Popular Meeper

Maybe make them temporary to keep there value and coolness like photo said, like have a 1 month and 3 month option or something

TimothyJH likes this.
  10. Photoave12

To address everyone's concerns, I was thinking of having them active for only one or 2 days per player per purchase for a low price like $2 (price isn't fixed). The person buying the title would pick from a pre-selected/approved list at checkout.

To address the confusion for new players, the list would be limited in length and, if people buy one title, nobody else can buy it while the player who bought it still has it active. Then there are a limited number of appropriate titles that both limit new player confusion and keep it unique.

The purchasable titles can all be a certain color (suggestions anyone?) that is different from any other staff or player rank so it's obvious that it was purchased.

[bonus] maybe this can be integrated with the purchasable boosters (@Courtneyyy) so that the player that buys the booster gets a special title?

TimothyJH likes this.
  11. Wiggle_Waggle

Wiggle_Waggle Popular Meeper

chat would get very overwhelmed and i don't think this would be an effective way to get donations

TimothyJH, Peero and Lady_Hestia like this.
  12. Photoave12

What if it was merged with the boosters so the person who paid for a booster got a temporary title indicating that they paid for that booster. The title would disappear when the booster expires

TimothyJH likes this.
  13. Photoave12

Also I think if they are time limited (like for a day or two) there won't be many people buying them after the hype wears off

TimothyJH likes this.
  14. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Buying custom titles is wack, I find the chat atrocious with all the different colours and names.

15. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

For the server donations it would be a boost but I'm not sure how the techs would do that? And chat would be really gross.

The current custom tags we have now are
    [Egg] -draqq build spawn, something we've paid thousands of dollars for. He's also a staff member
    [Hohoho] -andrewrobins, see above
    [I <3fuzzlr]-imnotblonde has been around forever, staff member multiple times, built stuff, and a close friend of fuzzlr
    [Onis]- do I have to explain this one?
    [Legend] (in grey)- actually don't know the story to this one
    [PvP master] - cleaves got lucky

Let's keep em special

Pmx728, BlackJack, TimothyJH and 2 others like this.
  16. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

this

Peero likes this.
  17. benster82

benster82 Celebrity Meeper

+1 To make chat less crowded you could just make the text on the custom tag the color of the player's corresponding rank so the rank name doesn't have to be added.

Marshy_88, Pmx728 and Photoave12 like this.
  18. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

There was also Grammar Hero for @Muunkee and @Uiopy1 a while back.

19. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

I see no need for this, it will just add more workload for the staff team :/
    The custom tags would cause more damage than you think. but hey that's just my opinion, no need to take my word on this.
    If you feel that this can be added so no swears or bad things get into the tags then it might work.

How much would the tags cost? That's the real question most of us are asking in our heads.

-CyborgZeroX/XChaosZeroX

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    Pmx728 and WeAreNumberUno like this.
  20. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

+1 money is good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.