1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meep Parents Guide

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Photoave12, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Photoave12

Photoave12 Popular Meeper

Let me start by stating the obvious, this is a minecraft server. This game itself was designed mostly for people from ages 8-16 (not to say that others don't play). I feel like it would provide a big boost to our player count if meep staff wrote a parents guide to convince concerned and strict parents of the safety measures this server is taking to make "chatting online" (a practice most parents assume is a bad thing) safer.

2. nath.banana

nath.banana Popular Meeper

lets be honest, meepcraft isn't safe for kids between 8 and 10

3. Wiggle_Waggle

Wiggle_Waggle Popular Meeper

4. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I'm not sure how effective this would be. Of course we are a family friendly server and we try our best to make it so no parent should have to keep their child away from us.
    There will always be skeptical parents and I don't know how many would actually take the time and investigate - then again, I'm not a parent myself so I don't know a whole lot.
    @Deinen You're one of those. Thoughts?

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  5. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I take a much different approach with my kids - I think they need to see the world as it is, and I'm there to keep them safe.

My best suggestion to talk to a concerned parent is to direct them to @KlutchDecals who is an actual police officer who serves and protects his community. It's hard to imagine he has a twisted side plot to corrupt a community online on his off time.

But the internet isn't always nice, and it's the inherent price one pays for participating in such a community.

6. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

When I first joined Meepcraft 4 years ago I was 11 years old. My parents were very concerned about the chat feature at the time and urged me to somehow disable it (which I didn't). Just a simple thread on the forums that can reassure parents that Meepcraft is safe, maybe advertised in chat through announcements, would have definitely helped me out back then, and could possibly help out younger players now.
    +1 :D

7. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

Basically this ^

Anyone under 8 is fine, or above 10 is okay too. But in those 2 delicate years of life between 8 and 10 children should not be subject to the horrors of creepers, lag, noob huts, or anything square in general.

8. Achmed

Achmed Popular Meeper

The server is perfectly safe because yours truly is banned.

9. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

You were nowhere close to a negative impact on the community (since your most recent unban, I have never met you before)

10. Photoave12

lets get back on topic.
    to clarify, i was thinking that we make this available to the players of the server so that the kids can show their parents this in order to try and convince them that this server is keeping them safe online (see below quote)

i cannot believe i've been on the server this long and never knew that.

11. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

+1

It couldn't hurt and would not take more than an hour or two of a staff's time

12. WeAreNumberUno

I really don't see the need...

13. Photoave12

14. WeAreNumberUno

@Photoave12 if you told me I needed to slam my head into a table for an minute, while accomplishing nothing, It is still pointless, regardless of how little time it takes.

15. Photoave12

And how exactly is this accomplishing nothing?

16. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

Yeah once I made a video and I was speaking to cooleysworld. My mom flipped out "That man sounds like hes 40 and he is playing a child's game? HE COULD BE A RAPIST PEDO!!" "Mom he helps co own the server he is not a pedo, believe it or not grown ups play video games." "I DONT CARE HE COULD HAVE FOUND WERE YOU LIVE AND KILLED YOU" "NO MORE INTERNET FOR THE NEXT WEEK YOUNG MAN"

17. Photoave12

^this

is why we need a parents guide introducing the high staff and explaining how the server is made safe for all.

Toostenheimer and fasehed like this.
  18. Achmed

Achmed Popular Meeper

Well then... As charming and heartwarming as that is, it's BS for anyone who's known me over the past four years.

19. Lilliya

Lilliya Celebrity Meeper

the real issues, ladies and gentlemen

20. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

My mom said, I don't like you aging with your internet friends. Thyre probably pesos are rapists. I told her a staff member was police (Klutch) and she said, in fake Internet? And I said, no in real life, and she walked away still not bieleving me, and that the people that were so old that could be pesos had kids already. If klutch were to write a guide with others and have it as a sort of notice it would probably help players parents to know a real police officer was online with their child "protecting/monitoring"