1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Deleting Alpha (and maybe Beta)

Discussion in 'Denied' started by 7acespade, Aug 21, 2016.

1. 7acespade

7acespade Celebrity Meeper

Alpha, Beta, and Gamma make the economy system very confusing, players now have two meeble balances instead of one. Considering Gamma's currency is currently the only currency that is worth anything, alpha and beta are now in the process of being abandoned. By deleting alpha and beta, we minimize confusion with new players having to choose between three towns worlds, and also help concentrate towns to one town world, making this new towns world fresh, exciting, and active. If we keep alpha and beta, these two worlds would eventually die out.

I think it would be beneficial for the server to have one economy instead of two, every transaction would be made easier and the server would be more like a true economy server.

If people are concerned with their towns being deleted, the introduction of Gamma essentially deleted your town already by swaying all incoming new players to it. Make a new town in gamma!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

3. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

Also voting amount needs to be lowered

Pmx728 likes this.
  4. AwesomeAdoGamer

AwesomeAdoGamer Celebrity Meeper

Um no @KlutchDecals plz look at this and also @7acespade just no... just no... its time to stop.. you know how much players we'll lose?

5. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

+1 but make worlds avalible for downlaod

TimothyJH likes this.
  6. AwesomeAdoGamer

Are u crazy?

7. X11

X11 Well-Known Meeper

+1 It should've been done in the first place. The recent changes are basically resetting meep, but they just kept the alpha and beta worlds to make you feel like things are still there, but ultimately there isn't much of a point to it.

8. 7acespade

You guys realize the introduction to gamma killed every alpha and beta town, right? No new players will be joining alpha or beta towns, only gamma. Even worse, things on alpha are literally worthless when compared to gamma items

9. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

I just say, open the worlds for download, then let's decide

FatIsNoob likes this.
  10. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

ok, alphabeta isn't an economy anymore. they only way to make "new" meebles (not trading to a player) is jobs. no minigames/voting. they only way to get resources is claiming wild land. no real reason to delete it as its already being given no acknowledgement.

11. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

Only if you are able to transfer your alpha and beta bal for like 1 week to gamma.

TimothyJH likes this.
  12. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

Not going to happen. You can exchange alpha/beta Meebles to gamma Meebles at a 50:1 rate.

13. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

Then no -1

14. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

No need. We made both sides happy.

15. AwesomeAdoGamer

Ikr @KlutchDecals

16. Wiggle_Waggle

Wiggle_Waggle Popular Meeper

-1 bad idea

17. Mjs6000

Mjs6000 Popular Meeper

Not really... But i don't agree with removing of a or b. Even though gamma has forced a and b out.

metr0n0me and CluelessKlutz like this.
  18. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

I feel like since Gamma was recently introduced, there have been little to no players in alpha and beta. Most of them in spawn, skywars or gamma etc. But I think that in like a week or two, players will go back to normal, there will still be lots of players in gamma but the rush of excitement would die out. Anyways. I wouldn't want to delete alpha or beta. So many people have put their hard work in investing into their towns and building it up e.g Premede or Dreamcraft.

Pmx728, Mjs6000 and CluelessKlutz like this.
  19. 7acespade

Yeah, we'll lose players because we'll delete two obsolete servers that have no economy whatsoever and only memories. Beta and Alpha are already dead and always will be, because it's isolated from the main server.

You really think people would go back to play on an unsupported server with no playerbase, economy, or income after gamma's hype is down?

You're right, people have worked hard in alpha and beta, but the towns they have worked on has already become obsolete and worthless, I believe the upside of keeping these things for "memories" isn't worth the confusion new players have to experience when they log on, pick Alpha as their towny world as random, not find a town in it, and leave the server

Enron and metr0n0me like this.
  20. 00000

00000 Guest

This, because a new wild for AB is incoming. I'd say that money needs to be able to be easily transferred, and there need to be even more ways of earning AB money than going to wild - but it's a step in the right direction. +/-

Mjs6000 likes this.