1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Bring back old meep!

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Miner0818, Aug 21, 2016.

?

Want the old meep back?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Miner0818

Miner0818 Well-Known Meeper

Just 3 days ago, I thought meep was in a pretty good state.
    Today, I think otherwise.
    All the big legacy towns, all the balances and everything. It was fine. Then all these protesters came and said 'RESET MEEP'. Gamma was supposed to be a compromise, but it's killing legacy and all the towns. Then in a few months you are just gonna take away alpha and beta. Everyone liked old meepcraft except for a small group of people. You can't even make money or ANYTHING in legacy anymore. The biggest ways of money were taken away and given to gamma.

The reason why people don't like gamma?
    Its structure has to be rebuilt, and no one likes starting over after you had everything the way you want it.

#BringBackOldMeep

EDIT: I'm not saying put meep in 1.8. I'm also not saying to remove the new maps and spawn.
    It would be really good though in 1.10 with the new maps like now. Just no gamma or anything of that.
    Also, I don't understand this 'fair' stuff. It's not meant to be 'fair', because it is a eco server.
    It's a big business server. For example, PseudoCorp will get more customers than /pwarp photoshop because it is a big meep company.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Enron and Marshy_88 like this.
  2. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

There's a whole lot more players enjoying the new changes than the players not.

3. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

Nations have decreased in residents already...

this is really bad for beta/alpha.

Enron likes this.
  4. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

You have no right to talk about Old Meep when you don't even know what it was.

You honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

5. Imperfectly

Imperfectly Celebrity Meeper

Old meep is 3 days ago, k.

Anyway, No, This meep is 50x better then the one before the update.

FatIsNoob, Muunkee, KyloMeep and 3 others like this.
  6. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

placeholder for when I calm down.

7. AwesomeAdoGamer

AwesomeAdoGamer Celebrity Meeper

Wtf is PseudoCorp? Also -1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
    I will slightly +1 this if I can get elite with beta currency :3

8. Miner0818

Miner0818 Well-Known Meeper

The only reason you guys go to gamma now is because you never had anything big in legacy. I might not have, but you got to appreciate the people who DO have things to take care of in the legacy towns.

9. Liz

Liz Celebrity Meeper

I have 3.6 million in my alpha town and around 2 million in my beta town. I still want to use Gamma.?

10. AwesomeAdoGamer

Um also this is a compromise between server management and player happiness. We need skywars and stuff to increase player count and when a player loves a server very very much... they get a rank and this keeps the server up and this money will at least keep meep up so stop complaining :p

11. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

At least put beta and alpha portals in meep spawn, otherwise we have to fish for players.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 21, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 21, 2016 ---
    If it gains enough money to have more players than before the update then yes I'll be happy but the way it's being done right now is icsolating beta and alpha rather than just leaving them there, like, at least make a portal!

12. AwesomeAdoGamer

There is

13. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

Let me put this clear.

Anything you worked on for years in beta and alpha is worthless.

Got 10,000,000 meebles? Well sorry. Its worth 0$ now

14. nath.banana

nath.banana Popular Meeper

Everyone is salty because their 1 mil that took 2 days to make is worthless.

Math_Pro, KyloMeep, Summers and 2 others like this.
  15. 00000

00000 Guest

Lol I'm going to gamma because i had absolutely nothing. Feels good man!!!

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  16. PseudoGod

PseudoGod Celebrity Meeper

PseudoCorp and all other pwarps are going to transition into gamma eventually you know

FatIsNoob, KyloMeep and 00000 like this.
  17. MrTonycat

MrTonycat Celebrity Meeper

This is feeling more and more like the "Old Meep" that I knew, today's overhaul justified that feeling. The economy will be more stable than ever in Gamma and those in Alpha and Beta may keep to their own if they wish to do so. This is a great revitalization.

KyloMeep, Draqq, BlackJack and 2 others like this.
  18. AwesomeAdoGamer

Just ask klutch to transfer the money to a/b to gamma

19. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

This ignores several key factors:

1. People have been asking for a reset for a long time. I've always hated the idea, but I can understand their perspective. They feel bored with a world that has not been reset in so long, and want a new challenge.

2. A new shop and Wild has been mentioned as underway by @KlutchDecals

3. Gamma is planned to be more than just another Towny world. This is already shown in the lack of spawners. If things go as I envision it, A/B will stay as the same form of Towny we're used to, while G becomes its own thing, which explains the separate economy.

4. If we're truly honest, things were not doing well before the update. I'm not trying to spam "Meep is dying!" , as that is not necessarily the case. The fact remains many people were leaving, and we must acknowledge that, and improve on it. You cannot fix a problem until you recognize it as one. We need to recognize standard Towny gets very boring to some people, which is why we need grinds to keep them going.

Overall, it's a balance. We need to recognize the problem, but also remain positive. Things cannot get better if we tell ourselves everything is fine, but things will also fail if we think there's nothing we can do to change it

5. In my opinion, this is the best possible option that answers both sides of the reset issue. Towns A/B need a portal in spawn, because we want them to continue alongside Gamma. Gamma will remain popular for a long time, because it already plays different then A/B in the fact there are no spawners and never have been any perks.

Right now, with the stuff already added, it certainly feels like Alpha/Beta will die out rather than be deleted, which is the opposite of what Gamma was supposed to do. I have to admit, I got a terrible feeling when I read the Relaunch notes (same feeling I got when I read the EULA compliance thread, honestly), but I decided to give it a chance. Upon logging in, and playing it for the day, all my fears were answered, as staff have already promised to add things to keep A/B going full steam.

Mjs6000 and TimothyJH like this.
  20. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

Ill full reply later, but your post makes me mad because your acting as if our opinion is the only valid one. Not everyone wants a reset. We catered to all.