1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Building Meep Up Again

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Professorm4d, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Professorm4d

Professorm4d Well-Known Meeper

hi all :) ,
    I know a lot of people have been losing interest in meep recently and I can kind of see their point...
    I LOVE meep but it can be repetitive ...
    Here are my ideas on improving meep and building its happy community again :)
    1)regular giveaways and competitions- this will keep people keen to play to receive the prizes.
    2) some sort of factions style area- what I mean by this is that I think we could have a towny wars where there is a command to allow you to tpa to other towns competing and fight their players for gold and become #1 town - this will make people keen to build heir towns and will keep people on the server :)
    3) more to do- I think that there should be more on offer such as hunger games and things like parkour in spawn etc....
    I know it is difficult and some of these points may be impossible to do but they are ideas :) please feel free to add anything that could help the server become GREAT again :)

CluelessKlutz, Dockson and Mjs6000 like this.
  2. Mjs6000

Mjs6000 Popular Meeper

Love to see the more positive side of the community, instead of "meep dying" you are coming up with ideas. Love some of the ideas especially towny aspects, after being persauded it could be the way forward by @Deinen .

metr0n0me, GroovyGrevous and Deinen like this.
  3. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

1. Already happening?
    2. Why? How would a player be able to opt out if they dont want?
    3. There is plenty to do if you just look around. And new spawn is going to be exciting to explore. I was in there yesterday its close to done :3

4. Professorm4d

well there could be a command to stop pvp in their towns which would stop people being able to destroy / enter their towns :) i dont know i am just suggesting ideas which would be cool if they could happen ... :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 18, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 18, 2016 ---
    also , is the spawn more simple ... this current one is very "in your face" i liked the older version where it is simple but effective

metr0n0me likes this.
  5. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

We used to have faction but decided to remove it. That was due to the fact that factions usually isn't a good way to create and maintain a positive community were everyone is friendly.

pizzafest likes this.
  6. Muunkee

It's a remake of the 2013 spawn, its a bit bigger than this one, otherwise I'm giving no details :]

7. Professorm4d

you make a very valid point that negativity could be caused from factions, but then again , negativity could be caused from any game if they are too competitive .... i just really like the idea of a town wars to become #1 town

metr0n0me and fasehed like this.
  8. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

/t toggle pvp
    /t set perm destroy off

Pmx728 likes this.
  9. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

1)regular giveaways and competitions- Always pop on the giveaways thread and if you are online when I am I usually drop diamonds every week.
    2) some sort of factions style area- It would be a neat idea if you could get some creative pvpers and builders to make a complex of for maybe 4 arenas with the sice of 9 plots and have walls dividing on each so people can spectate on them. Have a chest there where all players can donate meebles and pop them straight into the town bank.
    3) more to do- I showed you what I have been working on and you seemed to be pleased with it.

Nice suggestion bud.

10. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Giveaways give people reasons not to do anything to earn items.

11. pizzafest

pizzafest Popular Meeper

Fuzzlr has already stated that he wants meep to be a "different server" and not just any old server. We find that most servers have spawn parkour and have hunger games and factions. Meep is different and thats what makes it unique. No other servers have towns, o other servers have a system setup like we do. Towny wars? you're making meep sound like clash. Were not just any server. Were special because we are the only server like this. You sound like you just joined a couple weeks or months ago. MEEP DOESN'T NEED TO BE CHANGED
    I agree with you. There's plenty to do. And cool that we are getting a new spawn.

12. loraxthepug

loraxthepug Popular Meeper

+1 for hunger games a very popular game that I believe is awesome! :D the giveaways and such would be nice too. Anyone up for a drop party event? The drop party event could include exclusive stuff such as fuzzlr head and very rare expensive items as well as books that could translate into money by clicking on them (kind of like the way lotto works)

13. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Not commenting on the suggestion itself (yet), but had to deal with this:
    *Sighs*
    Yea, we are very different from other servers, in both good and bad ways.

Totally agree; no spawn parkour. I like the way Meep's parkour is more than just a time killer, and has a dedicated world for those who enjoy it. However, Hunger Games was something many people appreciated, and was removed originally for bugs.
    Quick tip: words like "always" and "never" are rarely true. Go type into any search engine "Minecraft Towny server," and see what you find. I guarantee you will find others. So the question is, what sets us apart? This is a question I have been researching the past few weeks, even spending time browsing through forums on other Towny servers. Here's the differences:
    1. Most Towny servers are very quiet, little fighting between players
    2. They usually try and be unique by adding plugins that make the world unique
    3. The majority of these servers don't implement much for PvP, outside of an arena
    Sound familiar? In order to be different from all of these, we need a better way of playing Towny. If we have a unique system for wars, then it not only gives players something to do, but creates a Meeble drain in the form of equipment. You'd be suprised the way wars jumpstart economies. A lot of people quit because there simply isn't much to do in Towny; all you can really do is build. Factions server have been hit even harder by the EULA then we were, so we can feed off of these servers by providing them with a new form of combat.
    This, to me, is the reason a lot of players don't stay. They feel like the only ones who can do anything are the oldies who've been here for years. This kind of attitude is responsible for the apathy of the community. Whether you like the idea or not, there is absolutely no reason to insult someone for being new, and offering a suggestion.
    Have you seen the farewell subforum? All of these people leaving, for various reasons. What seems to be the overall themes?
    1. Busy in real life (Can't fix that)
    2. Bored
    Simply put, there's not a load to do anymore. Look at @Summers , for example. He collected most heads on the server, ran an incredibly successful shop, owned a town, served on the staff team, obtained the Ultimate rank, and was very well off financially. What more does he have to do? As he said, "I beat the game." So what can we do? We can add things that are never truly over. Factions is an example of this, where you are never done. Just when you think you've beaten the game, someone else can come along and blow your place sky high, and now you have been sent back down. I don't mean to say TNT should be allowed or something, but we definately need never-ending game modes.

14. loraxthepug

I agree with adding a faction to the towns, except my viewpoint is to only do one so players have the option to play either faction war style or peaceful town resident style (the way it is now).

EDIT: We may have to reset one of the towns to achieve this (Idk)

15. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

*Hits "Like"*
    *Unlikes*

loraxthepug likes this.
  16. loraxthepug

Yea Idrk if its necessary to reset or not if factions is going to become a part of a towny, I'm torn between loving both my towns in beta and alpha and wanting the server to progress in the way suggested (with factions)
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 19, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 19, 2016 ---
    I agree partly, maybe intstead of giveaways milestone prizes? Idrk I find rewarding people for their time on meep to help. So for example if someone has been on meep a two days in a row they should get like 200 meebs and so on for the week or collect prizes.
    So like staying on for two days straight could give you an emerald or something good but small and progressively better up to seven days where it resets (or up to a month) such as daily prizes for coming on.
    It could encourage people to come on everyday. IDK just a suggestion, maybe stupid

metr0n0me likes this.
  17. pizzafest

pizzafest Popular Meeper

*Sigh* you won't understand.

18. Muunkee

Denied, 1 and 3 are already there, and 2 just isnt happening :)