1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Episode VII: Rise of the Beard

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Notchbeard, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notchbeard

Notchbeard Popular Meeper

In Game Name: Notchbeard

Skype Username: Alphaomegasupreme

Teamspeak Username: Notchbeard

Mic use: on-board laptop mic tho so not the best

Timezone: Central US but will be moving to Pacific US in November

Hours online per weekday: 3-8

Hours online per weekend: 3-8

Position Changes: Helper -> Mod

Introduction to the Beardman:
    After taking part in the new staff for over a week, seeing the great need for higher ranking staff and some pushing from other staff members; I have decided to become a Mod again. As you all know my name is Tyler and I’m your average geek in his mid-twenties that plays far too many video games. I live in Kansas but will soon be returning to my homeland of California, this will change my time zone but not my time online in any fashion. I work as an Internet Advertising Consultant and Web Designer from my home and I love the freedom to play games all day that this job gives me. Also, if you can't tell, I am a bit obsessed with my beard! Enough about me, most of you know this stuff already, on to the important things!

Why the Beardhelper should be the Beardmod:
    I joined the server in Dec of 2012 and in February (if I am remembering correctly) I was voted into the Meep Council having somehow gained the confidence of the player base in such a short time. The Council was in charge of promotions, demotions and controversial bans. I was present at every meeting we had and voted on all issues. I served on this Council until we found out that it would be terminated by Fuzzlr and replaced with an Admin system. Having gained a feel and liking for being a part of staff decisions I then applied to be a Trial Moderator, largely due to MrsMegan’s encouragement. I was T-Mod for VERY short interval and was moderator for around 2 months before the rise of Meep Networks. During that changeover I resigned due to my inability to get along with Ilumini and immediately reapplied once he was gone. I was never a Helper on MN and was promoted directly to Moderator. I focused on helping people in Skyblock and Creative since no one was ever on to answer modreqs on these servers. When Silesia took over the recruitment process from CMonster I assisted him in evaluating applicants and deciding on whether or not they were interview material because I had experience at this from the Meep Council. Then CG decided he had enough of my “stupid opinions”, in his words, and demoted me for lack of modreqs though they had just reset and no one had done many yet. Even this did not stop my enthusiasm with Meep, here I still am building away! As you can see I have a lot of experience with this server and its many changing forms, I adapt well and this is the third staff I am a part of. I tell you all of this to show that I have a LOT of insight due to having seen the many changing forms of Meepcraft and been involved with every staff regime since the Meep Council. I would say the foremost reason you want me over other candidates is that I have been full Mod twice before and have demonstrated the ability to take the position seriously. I do my best to not only assist the citizens with their issues but to help clarify why things work the way they do so that there is less Meep Drama. Secondly, I have shown that I am responsible when it comes to Mod commands and have NEVER abused them nor been even accused of doing so. I take it as a personal mission to assist new Helpers in learning their jobs as I feel a Mods duty is to be THEIR /modreq. This in my mind is the most important role of the Moderator, to train those that are new to the job. Another point I would like to make is that I am not afraid to bring up the tough subjects. Sometimes I feel as though people walk on eggshells around the Admins, their titles gain my respect and obedience but not my fear. I will clearly state my opinions to a person regardless of their position above or below mine. As one Admin told me in the past, "You have harshly reviewed my actions a time or two, but it was helpful criticism and I welcome it." I do all of this without the Mod tag and it would make this task easier if I had the authority to go with my motivation. Lastly, you want me as a full Moderator because in my previous stints there was NEVER a single demotion request made for me nor did I ever earn a single demerit.

Weaknesses:
    I am very opinionated and can be overbearing when I want to get a point across

I will NEVER be super active in Skype/TS. Need/want me to be on it and I’m on in a heartbeat but will rarely do so just to BS. I prefer to chat in text form because it gives me time to process my thoughts into a coherent idea rather than rambling and butterfly chasing.

I tend to hold grudges when someone irritates me or does something I see as wrong, it is hard for me to let things go.

Conclusion:
    You chose me to represent you on the Meep Council, the Old Meepcraft Staff, the Meep Networks Staff and the New Meepcraft Staff. I ask that you bestow that confidence in me one more time and approve me for full Moderator again. I have the experience, work ethic, knowledge, confidence and good judgment that will be needed for me to do this job and do it well. To those of you that love me, thanks for the support. To those of you that hate me, I will strive to do my best to earn your respect. To those of you who don't know me, I'm the guy on the forums with the scary red smile :p. Now let the constructive criticism flow through you, I would love to hear it. Toodles.

FluffbearRCT and Danielrulesman like this.
  2. Danielrulesman

Danielrulesman Popular Meeper

#TooLazyToReadAllThat

It's a +1 from me, you're a great staff member and would be an even greater asset to the server if given this rank.

#LongLiveTheBeardman

Notchbeard likes this.
  3. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

Can't wait on episode VIII ;-;.

+1

Notchbeard likes this.
  4. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

This is a no brainer! + 1 for interview!

5. the_sexy_ninja

the_sexy_ninja Popular Meeper

+1. You used to be a great Mod before and during MeepNetworks. Good Luck!

You were also the one who got me off to a good start on this server when I first joined, and you were still tylerwest2009, and MeepCraft Trail-Mod :)

Notchbeard likes this.
  6. adtheren

adtheren Popular Meeper

+1 for the free like.

Notchbeard likes this.
  7. the_sexy_ninja

Because you have like close to 0 likes.

8. adtheren

adtheren Popular Meeper

Thanks, I appreciate that. I take pride in my horrible post/like ratio.

Gh05t and Notchbeard like this.
  9. NorthernLights17

NorthernLights17 Celebrity Meeper

10. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

+1. Because you've had a lot of experience and I know you'll do a good job.

11. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

*fart noise*

+1

Notchbeard and the_sexy_ninja like this.
  12. Gh05t

Gh05t Popular Meeper

+1, your app has very accurate of yourself, and you have all A+ mod qualities.

Notchbeard likes this.
  13. bass_flow

bass_flow Celebrity Meeper

+ to the 1

Notchbeard likes this.
  14. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

+1

Notchbeard likes this.
  15. MrHollywoot

MrHollywoot Popular Meeper

+1

Notchbeard likes this.
  16. the_sexy_ninja

I love all these blank +1s. Not sure if bias or just nothing more to say.

Notchbeard likes this.
  17. RiemCubed

RiemCubed Popular Meeper

[​IMG]

Yes please.

Notchbeard likes this.
  18. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

+1

Notchbeard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.