1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Legend permanent fly

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Khafra, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

yes I understand this thread will get a lot of hate, but, legend hasn't recieved perks in months, and have paid the most for their rank. The MineCraft Eula allows all pre-eula donors to keep their perks, as long as it isn't purchaseable for real currency

Here's what Mojang said:

"How should servers deal with users who have already spent hard currency on features that affect gameplay?
    Users may keep the perks they’ve paid for on the condition that the same perks are available to other players on the server (directly or purchasable using soft currency). It’s up to the server host to decide how to compensate users for previous transactions."
    ( https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/ )

Pretty much, as long as the perk in buyable in game (fly notes at /warp spawn) all legends are allowed to have /fly.

Quoting @Fuzzlr on his Eula update thread; "
    "
    ( http://www.meepcraft.com/threads/meepcraft-eula-compliance.59083/ )
    You don't see any perks being added for legend. Giving us /fly will make legends satisfied with not recieving any new perks, and it is eula-compliant.

2. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I suggested this personally to fuzzlr, based off of your comments, heh, and he did say he doesnt really like the idea.

3. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

but he wasn't the player who spent $320 on a rank to keep his server up... this really shouldn't be based off of "what he likes" more so what the community wants.

also it's not like we're getting any cosmetic perks exclusive to our rank so this would fix that problem easily.

4. Muunkee

I agree with you. Which is why I suggested it, and I also linked him to your thread. I was simply stating what I knew when I already spoke to him.

5. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

I didn't mean to sound rude in my response above, but the players kept this server alive, even when Fuzzlr was away, and even through rough spots. If the players want perks, why not give them it? It's also a simple thing to add to legend rank, wouldn't take over 10 minutes (and yes, I've experimented with perms/ranks and such, it isn't hard)

metr0n0me, Mjs6000 and Deinen like this.
  6. Muunkee

It would not take long, no.
    I think he doesn't want it because he doesn't want it abused.

I think if you pushed for having it in only towny and spawn you may get better results.

7. Refugeebaker

Refugeebaker Celebrity Meeper

I feel that this is one of those things that will keep surfacing until something permanent happens in relation to it. Even then, if the permanent answer is "no", it will keep coming back. I personally feel that Legends should get the Fly perk back, but in the end, if Fuzzlr/admins don't want it to happen, it's not going to.

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  8. Muunkee

Literally no one said it - just because some things don't get implemented doesn't mean we don't listen.
    It's a suggestion, not a demand or something we will 100% add. If we did that meep would be a mess.

9. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

He is inferring that no matter how badly the community wants it, if Fuzzlr/klutch dont want it, it won't happen
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 13, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 13, 2016 ---
    ultimates have had fly for years without it being abused

CluelessKlutz and Photoave12 like this.
  10. Photoave12

Photoave12 Popular Meeper

+1 if this is only in spawn and towny, how could it be abused?

11. HoF_Code

HoF_Code Popular Meeper

WAIT WHY DONT US PRE-EULA DONORS LOST PERKS WE DONATED BEFORE AND WE GET TO KEEP PERKS! but nope fuzzy and you staff removed it from everyone
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 13, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 13, 2016 ---
    Guys literally if /fly gets back to ults then /fill and /fix and /heal should be brung back to the people who donated before this hell hole was created

12. Inkfy

Inkfy Celebrity Meeper

please do it! legends paid so much for fly! we need this!

13. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

Let's just give back the most overpowered commands am I right?

it's also hard to tell who the pre-eula donors are from the after eula donors. Legends don't have that problem since it's no longer purchaseable

metr0n0me, cooey, Mjs6000 and 2 others like this.
  14. Photoave12

I agree. Lets not get our hopes up for other ranks. Personally I think we should just do this for the legend rank for the reason matt said above.

15. 00000

00000 Guest

wait so they're literally talking about how this can be "abused"? When did it get abused in the past, when people had it??

Khafra, CluelessKlutz and Photoave12 like this.
  16. Mjs6000

Mjs6000 Popular Meeper

This is a classic situation where no offence to Fuzzlr, where someone in power or control feels as though they are. History has time and time shown that the people and in thid case community controls the outcome. The only thing in regard to this is that legends have paid the most towards this server. If fuzzlr does not care about these people enough, which seems to be shown by the lack of any sort of perks for legends, legends will not want to be here. However, on the flip side does Fuzzlr need to care, we have paid the money and it now is not purchasable the only rank that from a purely business sense, is Supreme and lower ranks.

17. Photoave12

I would presume this would be very useful for mining trees in the wild ...

I can't think of any other huge benefits for towns or spawn though...

18. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Huge +1

While I myself am not a Legend, I was never bothered they had fly. Because all other ranks may obtain the perk through fly notes, it is also EULA compliant due to the "grandfather perks." I think having fly, even just in Towny, would make everyone happy. I understand it could be abused in Wild, but why not in Towny? All it can really be used for there is Towny. This would encourage current Legends to stay, and show them the server staff do pay attention to their requests.

19. Photoave12

Agreed.

20. PseudoGod

PseudoGod Celebrity Meeper

Ultimates had fly for years now and no one brings up anything like "This can be abused lol !1" until now

+1 Just add it back to legends

metr0n0me, fasehed and CluelessKlutz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.