1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Removing "Eggplant" filter

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Austincf71, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Enron

Enron Celebrity Meeper

+1
    The whole eggplant things just seems immature and childish

metr0n0me likes this.
  2. dragon8877

dragon8877 Celebrity Meeper

+1 to have it removed, it's like bread. It was great for a week, then the joke got stale
    Piro, I doubt it's the "little things" that are keeping people on this server. It's the fact older players have invested such a large amount of time into their /bals or their towns that they don't want to leave. Why would you leave a server where you have 10 million on and worked 40+ hours on your town?
    Also, I've seen day-new players leave meepcraft thanks to this filter because instead of a funny "hahaha" joke, it's a "what the hell, this is kind of annoying" kind of joke. View it like this, a house has this annoying yellow color that hurts your eyes when you look at it. Sure it's memorable, but you'll never buy the house.

Enron, Splendy and metr0n0me like this.
  3. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

meepcraft is great the way it is if you have any suggestions to improve gameplay just leave the server and never come back again

Is that what you're saying?

Muunkee likes this.
  4. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

You seem to be getting really angry over a word in a computer game. It's a joke. No one is going to quit the server over it. One
    Lol no. I am ready to quit almost every day and I've invested weeks even months worth of time into meep. Also that analogy is terrible.
    LOL no. I'm saying that if it really bothers you THAT much then just leave. If it only bothers you a little then stay. This wouldn't improve the gameplay if half the server want it and the other half don't. A good suggestion will only get suggested if a majority of the server like it. Very rarely will a bad suggestion be accepted and kept.

5. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

+1

I never thought this was funny, and also believed the filter was stupid and pointless.

cooey, Bob4444444, Enron and 2 others like this.
  6. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

It has 672 days I have suffered the torment day and night eggplant, eggplant, eggplant. It mocks me when ever I get into the world all I want to express is the lag that troubles me but the eggplant will not go away.

One day I hope for the eggplant to be removed so we can all have freedom of speech and shall be haunted no more. Until that day comes I shall forever dream. +1

cooey, Bob4444444, Enron and 6 others like this.
  7. CreeperCristi

CreeperCristi Popular Meeper

It was pretty funny at first, but as Dragon said, it got old pretty fast...
    This ^

+1

8. dragon8877

We're irritated Piro, it doesn't matter if it's a game or not. We're playing to have fun, not to be annoyed.
    Also, from what a lot of people are attempting to tell you, it's annoying. You talk about how meepcraft is going to be "memorable" from this, and you're right! People are going to remember an incredibly annoying filter that meepcraft has.

metr0n0me likes this.
  9. ToonMichaela

ToonMichaela Celebrity Meeper

From a server POV i can see that people complaining about lag that can oftenly be from their side on the server is not the best. but replacing a 3 letter word for an 8 letter word.. eeh im not a fan of that.
    im neutral towards removing. but im completely for having the word "Lag" of any kind being replaced with a shorter word.

10. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

I never said it would make meep memorable. I said it would make meep unique. Not the same thing.

11. benster82

benster82 Celebrity Meeper

-1 It's still pretty funny when a newbie complains about eggplant and that comes up. Just because a few people don't find it funny doesn't mean we have to remove it.

Pmx728 likes this.
  12. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

(I swear I had posted on this im going crazy)
    I actually hate the eggplant thing+1

13. dragon8877

So it's being used to laugh at new players when they complain? How the heck is that going to attract players?

Splendy likes this.
  14. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

I don't enjoy having my words changed... If I wanted to say eggplant I would. New players are forever being confused, frankly it's irritating. It isolates new players just so that older ones can "have a laugh" that REALLY entices players to stay doesn't it? +1

cooey, Lady_Hestia and CreeperCristi like this.
  15. Photoave12

Photoave12 Popular Meeper

okay, i know i don't often do this, but I'm going to rephrase i said.

i recently had an experience with a new player veer. when he joined my town, he said in chat "I'm so eggplanty" (he meant lag), he was clearly confused as to why his chat hadn't posted what he wanted.

so, i propose that the eggplant thing only be enable for players that have been on for more than a few weeks and already know the game, then we can prevent new player confusion, without taking away a memorable, unique part of meep.

any thoughts on this?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 13, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 13, 2016 ---

16. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

You know they will still be confused when they first see it right?

17. Photoave12

Photoave12 Popular Meeper

yes, but the goal here is to delay the confusion so that new players would have more time to get "invested" in the server (either bu building a house or making a friend .etc) before they see it and, while they will still be confused, this confusion will be less likely to make them quit the server.

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  18. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

19. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

"delay the confusion" So why not just get rid of it altogether to avoid this confusion? Easiest solution. In fact, that is even more confusing than just keeping the filter in the first place...
    We'd the the unique server with an annoying chat filter. Are we this desperate to be unique?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    Lady_Hestia likes this.
  20. Jalapenos

Jalapenos Celebrity Meeper

No. It makes meep, meep. We can never get rid of the eggplant filter.

Photoave12, Pmx728 and X11 like this.