1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Removing "Eggplant" filter

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Austincf71, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Austincf71

Austincf71 Popular Meeper

Let's be honest it was a funny joke at the moment now its really annoying and you cant say it stops the "lag" spam because people spamming eggplant? in confusion is the same as someone saying lag once. Its annoying and I would just like if it was removed
    :)

metr0n0me, fasehed and Lady_Hestia like this.
  2. X11

X11 Well-Known Meeper

I remember the day it was added, and I never want to see the day it is removed.

EDIT: Uh, pretty sure you weren't around "at the moment." People spamming lag was a huge issue in meep back then, and if the filter is removed it could cause a huge issue again.

a321361, cooey, Niiicck and 8 others like this.
  3. Photoave12

Photoave12 Popular Meeper

Personally, i believe that this is one of the things that, in the long run, will make meep more memorable and unique. That personal touch and the fact that this was implemented because of a joke isn't something that you see very much, if at all on the other mini game servers.

Qaztar, Pmx728 and GroovyGrevous like this.
  4. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

except most players won't understand why its a thing.
    Honestly, remove it. looks dumb and frustrates people because they can't actually say a problem with the server without being a joke

5. Austincf71

Austincf71 Popular Meeper

"frustrates people because they can't actually say a problem with the server without being a joke" Yes thank you that's what I meant at the "Eggplant?" part @epick8

6. TechnoTyson

TechnoTyson Popular Meeper

Love it eggplant is my favourite thing, goes way back no way -1

a321361, Qaztar and Pmx728 like this.
  7. M0W0G

M0W0G Celebrity Meeper

world_s_coolest_eggplant_by_burgerforlunsh-d82zuoz.png i dont even have to type any words. except these.....

cooey, Toostenheimer, Qaztar and 2 others like this.
  8. Melchior_Dahrk

Melchior_Dahrk Well-Known Meeper

I haven't found it to be a huge problem. People get confused at first, realize it's a filter and get over it. Maybe they think it's dumb, I don't know *shrug*. I wasn't around before the filter, so I don't know how bad or annoying it was with people yelling "lag" all the time, but it seems like people yell "eggplant" or get around the filter now anyway... so idk.

a321361 likes this.
  9. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

you don't need the filter to say eggplant. everyone understands that "eggplant" = "lag", and removing the filter will not change that.

10. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

-1, its cool.

a321361 and Pmx728 like this.
  11. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

You make terrible suggestions. And the worst part about it is that you are fairly new and don't understand that these things are what make meep unique. The eggplant feature has been around for as long as I can remember. We are not removing it now.

a321361, Qaztar, Pmx728 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

+1 If I wanted eggplant for lag, I'd type eggplant

13. triscope

triscope Celebrity Meeper

+1
    So, if you were to say "I am having lots of eggplant" (not that you would) people would think you said "I am having lots of lag"
    If you don't accept this suggestion, at least implement aubergine as well?

14. Photoave12

Photoave12 Popular Meeper

maybe have it randomly pick from different foods.

"im spaghettiing" LOL

a321361 and TimothyJH like this.
  15. 00000

00000 Guest

Oh, well, I was, and I don't remember any "huge issue". What keeps people from spamming it now? The fact that it'll turn into eggplant? Everyone who's not meep-fob knows what that means.
    No, it's stupid and annoying, lmao. All it does is confuse new players and make us look like immature idiots.
    It doesn't make meepcraft unique (perhaps negligibly), it's just stupid and annoying. We should remove it now, that's the suggestion. New players don't understand it and some will leave because they find it stupid. I saw it happen when I was at tutorial once, someone just left after seeing it.

+1, it has no benefits, and it simply is detrimental

cooey, Blendyz, Bob4444444 and 4 others like this.
  16. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

hasnt been around that long calm down. And the idea isnt a bad one. Why is the server forcing me to say eggplant if I don't want to? Why can't i say the word lag if I so choose? Why do new players have to be forced into a joke they don't understand and werent around for. Just say eggplant if you want to, doesn't mean you should be forcing it on other people

Bob4444444, Lady_Hestia and metr0n0me like this.
  17. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

It makes meep different from the rest of servers. If you don't like it you don't have to stay on meep. Let's be honest, meep isn't going to get any new lasting players. These little things are what keeps people who play regularly happy. If you dislike it, you can play on another server. Easy as that.

a321361 likes this.
  18. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Never seen so many people upset over one word before
    I'm a +1 for removal simply because if an old player wants to say eggplant they can manually type eggplant it's no biggie

19. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

stupid reasoning. Then why have a suggestion section in the first place. If you want something changed, just go to a diff server.

Also question never answered. Why can't old players just say the word eggplant? Why is it forced on everyone including people who dont understand it.

cooey, Lady_Hestia and metr0n0me like this.
  20. X11

X11 Well-Known Meeper

"Eggplant" is just another thing that makes meep unique (which is great). It just seems like people want to take away everything that makes meep unique. Now we are adding all these games to the server and we are no longer a towny server, and we are no longer unique.

Why would players come here when they could go to a huge server and play these minigames with more people?

a321361, M0W0G and Photoave12 like this.