1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

The MeepCraft Times #14

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by junelawnchaired, Jul 8, 2016.

1. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

[​IMG]

“/t spawn Venice, Alpha! Venice is looking for new residents, recruiters and builders! Talk to one of our friendly staff to buy your pre-built home today!” ®@Vampire_man_32 .. 2016

Welcome to The MeepCraft Times, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works. This will be published every other Friday.

New Additions

/poke
    Is this FaceBook or is it just me? Just kidding, it’s still Meep, but now you can /poke people on your /friend list! Don’t worry though, there’s a 5 second cooldown. ( by @Spyda6 )

Events
    We added some new, exciting events! Be prepared for Anvil Drop, Sumo, Musical Chairs and Skeleton Drop! ( /warp event )

Bugs Squashed

/friend Add Spam
    Fixed Online/Offline Notification spam and overall stability of notifications ( by @Spyda6 )

Recently Accepted Suggestions

Framing picture
    Ever want to have photos and pictures on your wall? How you can with the handy-dandy plugin.
    ( Trello Card )

Pack your bricks!
    Ever needed to pack a million (or 2304) stone into bricks? Now all you need is one easy command!
    ( Trello Card )

Voting in Skyblock
    Ever wanted a vote perk in Skyblock? That’s easy - Now you can bring your voting notes into the Skyblock world.
    ( Trello Card )

UHS Improvements
    We’re adding a leaderboard and making the map smaller for less lag + more competition!
    ( Trello Card )

Tutorial Improvements
    We’re making the tutorial better with new updates and info to help new players!
    ( Trello Card )

Community Events

@Llamazon 's Fashion Show
    Our reporters went on over to check out a bunch of our lovely meepers competing to see who’s the most gorgeous. Not only were we able to report but also had the honor of judging.
    ( gallery )

@flibergdde 's 100K Joke Contest
    Have a funny joke? Post it here for a chance at 100K!
    ( Forum link )

@jonathanb987 's2,000,000 giveaway
    Post a random number here to get a chance to win two million meebles!
    ( Forum link )

----------------------------------------

/pwarp builder! A new one-stop shop for all common building materials. Including stocked chests of all types of stained clay.

----------------------------------------​

Humans Of MeepCraft - Feat. @andrewrobins and @Draqq

This week in Meep we found mvoight6, CasualAlexa (@Alexa Gonzalez ) and benster82 (@benster82 and we saw them doing some interesting Meepy things! We also took @andrewrobins and @Draqq and asked a few questions and got a few answers! Check it out!

[​IMG]
    Sneak peak of SkyWars ®@Draqq

What led you both to apply for architect or to build in the first place?
    “I was recommended by ex-administrator @Deinen . Even though I vowed to never join the meep team, I thought it was a way I could give back to the server I had played for such a long time.” -Andrew

“After spending some time off Meep I decided to start building on other servers, something I rarely done on meep. During that time I started with houses, on to terrain sculpting and worked my way up to trying maps and spawn after noticing myself improving on building. I first applied for architect around this time last year and was thankful to be accepted, although during my trial period I was rarely getting the time on to continue so I withdrew myself from the trial - and then the start of this year I was asked to help with a project and ended up deciding on staying after enjoying building for the server and having the freedom of the archworld on a server I enjoy to build in.” -Draqq

What has been your favorite build so far?
    “If I had to choose a build to put forward as my favourite it would probably be my first airship map (Titans lair) as it was such a massive learning curve. I joined the arch team with zero experience. I built most of that map with single blocks until Noble taught me a few commands. The build brought so many emotions out of me. In the end it nearly brought me to tears for example the time I accidentally changed all the blocks into purple wool. I was so unexpected in w.e I nearly quit on the spot. This was at 95% completion.” -Andrew

“As simple as it is, i'd have to say my planets map which is one of the new skywars maps. I just think it looks awesome during the night and how unique it is compared to all the other planet maps I've came across.” -Draqq

Why do you call yourselves the “archduo”?

“Well I'm not sure they call us that, but if that's what they say I'm pleased to be part of his team. As he is an excellent builder and Meep is lucky to have him.” -Andrew

“Courtney is forcing us to like it!” -Draqq

What do you like to do on Meep when you aren’t building?
    “Unfortunately I have got to the point where I work so much in real life that when I come online it's usually to progress a build. However if I do have time I tend to just talk or look around creative if I'm online.” -Andrew

“eat coco pops and watch funny goat videos” -Draqq

What tips would you give to someone who wants to start building?
    “If you are building on a larger scale try to build two blocks deep, then you can sculpt into it to give depth and detail. Try to build in the standard minecraft texture pack then you’ll know when it looks nice to more than just yourself. Also, try to play and keep going do lots of builds -they will start like a weed a progress into a rose.” -Andrew

“Just go for it, easiest way I found was to just look at other peoples builds and base yours from theirs - although some may find this harder the best way was to take a build and try to improve it as much as possible. Worldedit and Voxelsniper are two very easy plugins/mods to learn and will make a huge difference in your builds. (or if in doubt just put leaves all over it that's what I do ;) )” -Draqq

What do you love to build the most? And with what material?

“I like to build characters whether it be a gnome doing weights or a little owl in a tree, It's a hoot. I also like to build with wood the most” -Andrew

“Minigame maps, I prefer to be working on a couple maps at a time instead of just working on one build as I often lose focus that way. My favourite block to work with would have to be the jungle leaf block.” -Draqq

Do you have anything else you’d like to end this interview with?

“Shouldn’t it have a biography lol” -Andrew

“happy early bday to me tomorrow, I accept cash” -Draqq

Welcome to the Team!

Welcome to the Moderator team @Lady_Hestia your hard work has paid off! Keep it real!

Get involved with the MeepCraft Times!
    With every release of the paper we will pick a cover photo, a story, and a (free) advertisement submitted by the community. The owner of each piece of content will receive 15,000 meebles and have their name featured in the article, below their content. Fill out the form here to submit content. Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepCraft Times will be released 22 July 2016! See you then!
    This issue was created by: @junelawnchaired, @Courtneyyy, @Muunkee, @Dawn, @2004Grevous

Lady_Hestia, xXAdotXx, Zoe89 and 15 others like this.
  2. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

why do i find this funny

3. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

yes draqq you eat coco pops!

Nice edition :)

4. TechnoTyson

TechnoTyson Popular Meeper

Sexy town up top, looking almost as good as my ego

5. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

Best news article yet :p

6. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

That skywars map is looking sexy, can't wait to play it!

7. MoonlitMadness

MoonlitMadness Celebrity Meeper

June do you sleep? 3 am? Jeebers.

It was well worth the rush. It's great!

8. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

Skywars looks fun :D

9. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

10. CanadianH0b0

CanadianH0b0 Popular Meeper

Nice to have these posts to keep the meeps up to date with whats new ^_^

11. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

It's a surprise!

12. flibergdde

flibergdde Popular Meeper

Jokes are great.

13. 2leah2

2leah2 Celebrity Meeper

love!!!!!​

Pmx728, GroovyGrevous, Hyori and 4 others like this.
  14. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Why do you center your text​

fasehed likes this.
  15. etha_lightflame

etha_lightflame Celebrity Meeper

now thats funny omg new rank idea (Noob)

16. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Well thanks, you didn't put my giveaway here. :(

17. etha_lightflame

etha_lightflame Celebrity Meeper

1 y the cat 2 refer 2 1

18. benster82

benster82 Celebrity Meeper

Time to sound like a newb: What is skywars?

19. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

No one says that. No one.

Draqq likes this.
  20. 2leah2

2leah2 Celebrity Meeper

accident?!