1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. _Smarties910_

_Smarties910_ Popular Meeper

Why are you amen-ing? I remember you saying you didn't want gays to have rights?

Skaros123 and TheDebatheist like this.
  2. MoonlitMadness

MoonlitMadness Celebrity Meeper

I did. But like. Isnt 77 pages of replies enough xdxd

3. j32400

j32400 Popular Meeper

I feel like threads like this should just be settled in PvP.

MoonlitMadness likes this.
  4. TheDebatheist

TheDebatheist Popular Meeper

Does the length of a thread affect anyone negatively?

You have a knack for jumping into threads, rarely replying, and then bemoaning the ongoing debates. Please don't take this personally, but it seems like you'd enjoy other sections of the forum if what I've just said is accurate.

metr0n0me, XxNine_TailsxX and Splendy like this.
  5. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

A lot of the stuff you talked about was already talked about and argued against anyways. As much as I care about this topic and wish for us to just be more accepting, I just don't see how much longer this thread can last. This is probably the longest thread on the whole forum (that is not a forum game).

Seriously, all the points on gay rights I can think of have been argued and now we're just repeating the same things. It's as if new posters here haven't even skimmed the first page to see what others have said. And I don't blame them, because this thread is just dragging now.

metr0n0me and MoonlitMadness like this.
  6. TheDebatheist

I'm a bit perplexed. If you don't enjoy this thread that is "dragging on", why not just ignore it?

7. Skaros123

Because I'm hoping for some new content I could engage in. I'm not sick of the topic at all. Debating gay rights is something I would gladly do with anyone. However, this thread just seems to be leading nowhere now. People against gay rights either left the debate or couldn't argue any further, and people for gay rights don't really have anyone to argue against. (well, they do but it's infighting at this point)

Cherrykit, metr0n0me, 2leah2 and 3 others like this.
  8. MoonlitMadness

MoonlitMadness Celebrity Meeper

I rarely reply because I also have a knack for popping off. I do enjoy other threads because arguing with "logic reasoning and evidence" is something that people feel threatened by. I do. Which is why I don't argue. In this case you can't really "have proof" on whether god is real or isn't tbh. This is all opinionated on where and how you where raised. I was raised Catholic and that isn't changing ;). This is my last post on this thread

9. gwynlynn

gwynlynn Popular Meeper

I think every person should have equal rights no matter what gender they love.

kwagscraft, 2leah2 and WeAreNumberUno like this.
  10. TheDebatheist

Fair do's. I think I'll reserve the right to call your bluff here though. I reckon we'll have some more contributors. I enjoy this from time to time anyway. We shall see what happens! :)
    In that case, can I ask why you post in 'Debates'? Debates usually involve an exchange of ideas, I think. Rather than something more akin to... "This is what I believe. kthxbi".
    If you won't use logic reason and evidence, I agree. Again, that kind of begs the question as to what the point is of being here if this is standard procedure. There are plenty of people that were raised as racists, sexists or radical extremists. I have confidence that you wouldn't excuse them for their actions+beliefs on this basis. The same goes for someone with strong homophobic values.

metr0n0me and Skaros123 like this.
  11. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

The gays are stealing our jobs

12. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

Yes you can. It's (usually) easy to prove a positive (until you start getting into quantum physics and stuff, where it's really hard to observe things).

MoonlitMadness likes this.
  13. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

Do we not already? I am finding more and more that this is a social problem for the majority; no longer are people allowed to be "uncomfortable" of others. It is now considered bigoted if I am uncomfortable *to use a current example* to see a man in the woman's restroom. In this case, my comfort is overridden by their comfort. While I do respect the lawfulness of individual rights, I find it silly that just because people feel comfortable doing x, y, and z, it is expected -even demanded- that others feel the same way.
    So in that sense, though not legally, we do live in a pretty repressive society.

14. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Honestly, as far as the bathroom issue goes, the solution is simple:

Everyone uses the same bathroom.

Cherrykit, Splendy, Skaros123 and 2 others like this.
  15. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

But Denien, I don't want to have to wait!

16. Skaros123

Which is why we have not one... but TWO unisex bathrooms! Both with rows of stalls. Stalls that people have a hard time peeking in to.

Splendy likes this.
  17. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

Why not unisex bathrooms, but ones for kids and ones for adults. All problems solved!

18. x_bigheart_x

x_bigheart_x Celebrity Meeper

Guys, I don't mean to alarm any of you... but we all have unisex bathrooms...
    In our houses.

19. Skaros123

Geez, that solves so many issues. Have to go to the bathroom while shopping in a mall? Just drive all the way back home. Need to use the restroom while you're at a concert? Just drive back home. On a road trip with the only bathroom nearby being at a gas station? No worries. Just turn back and go home.

20. TheDebatheist

You have every right to be uncomfortable, sure. Freedom of belief, expression, and speech. It would be another thing to act on it though.

I think you should be free to believe and say derogatory things about the transgendered (assuming that's where you're going here). Do I think you should believe it, or that you should say it? No, I don't.

Similarly, you have every right to be uncomfortable with gay marriage (for instance). But their right to get married isn't an issue of comfort. It's of equal human-rights. Regarding bathrooms, it's hard for me to argue in the same vein, as I think it's a hyper-politicized non-issue.

metr0n0me and Splendy like this.