1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Is God real?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by n00bslayer_99, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

Lol well said.

2. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

It is the same in Denmark, but what does this have to do with the debate?

So you need a slap around the head for judging people upon their beliefs that have absolutely no evidence behind them? Would you not consider someone to be less intelligent if they believed in elves?

3. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

ye, but its not nice. I totally agree with you, but try not to make people feel bad for beleiving in elve- i mean god.

4. TheDebatheist

TheDebatheist Popular Meeper

Another Christian reveling in violence? Nice one.

I submit that it's necessary to judge people on their beliefs. It is a great indicator of what one will do next. Beliefs dictate actions. If you care about how someone treats others, you have to care about their beliefs.

What if someone believed... that people who loved Soccer deserved excruciating torture for a decade? Would you want to spend time around that person? Would you want to be their friend? Would you judge them for this belief?

What if someone believed... that people who loved Buddhism deserved the *most* excruciating torture for *eternity*? What about now? Why should we not judge someone for this religious belief, but we should for the previous example? (Especially when this one is much worse.)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    n00bslayer_99 likes this.
  5. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

I think he was reminding people not to take things too seriously, and that we can still coexist even though we don't share the same beliefs.

6. Sbaxman12

Sbaxman12 Popular Meeper

Well everyone has there own beleifs and we shouldn't attack other religions for things that we think is wrong or isn't like ours. so can we end this please?

Jellobean1 likes this.
  7. TheDebatheist

Why not?

If Nazism included the belief in god, and became a religion, would it be wrong to attack the ideas in Nazism?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 5, 2016, Original Post Date: Jun 5, 2016 ---
    Try not to do that bro. Correct people in a nice way and move on. S'never nice when people publicly make fun of you for little mistakes like that. Be constructive and help a brother out. I'm sure our own grammar isn't perfect. Fix honest mistakes, rather than making fun of people for them.

8. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

he didn't start this thread to bash religion, he started it to see if someone could actually prove god was real, or had any logic behind it. In a debate, say we are debating red is better than blue. and i say "no blue is better because in the book of magical santa land it says blue is the color of sugar cookies!" nobody would respect it as a legit point, but then they will say "gay people are bad because of the bible" (as an example)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 6, 2016, Original Post Date: Jun 6, 2016 ---
    Basically, why the hell would i care if a god existed? i like to think i'm a nice person, and if a god would send me to eternal damnation because I didn't believe in him even though i was a nice person, then he seems like a jerk, not someone i would wanna be paling it up with in some party in heaven. Imo any cool god wouldn't even bother with earth, just be like "huge party everyone! for eternityyyyyyy!" and be done with it, god just doesn't make sense, and the bible is full of contradictions and stuff, so thats why I don't believe.

9. Jellobean1

Jellobean1 Active Meeper

god wont send you u to hell for not believing he will only send you too he'll if you believe and reject it. when you die you will go to heaven and be taught about God.

10. ShadowVirus52

ShadowVirus52 Celebrity Meeper

come on ts and we will sort this like men

11. j32400

j32400 Popular Meeper

I feel like that will involve a lot of yelling over each other and more anger. Have you ever watched the Oriley Factor? I predict it will go something like that.

12. ShadowVirus52

no anger just comminn sense

13. TheDebatheist

Sure. So long as it remains civil, I'm game. Skype, Discord? What's your pick?

14. ShadowVirus52

Meeps teamspeak is probably the best bet. This allows other people to join in and express their views. And for the people who don't like to talk, can mute their mic and type their input into the chat.

15. j32400

j32400 Popular Meeper

Set a time and I'll be there (hopefully).

16. Sbaxman12

Sbaxman12 Popular Meeper

A lot of science, is hypothesis. So when people talk about the big bang, they are guessing that's what happened. And some how, a galaxy formed, and some how, a solar system formed perfectly away from a black hole, and our earth formed perfectly away from the sun, and everything perfectly happened, I don't believe things like that could just "Perfectly" happen "Just because", I believe our father in heaven, made this life for us, on this perfect earth, in this perfect solar system, so we could go through life, learning about the good and the bad, and I think we are all witnessing the bad in the world today. Because of all the dumb decisions people are making.:shifty::meh:

Jellobean1 likes this.
  17. M0W0G

M0W0G Celebrity Meeper

I'm kind of half and half. You can't prove him or you can't disprove him. But one thing that I always laugh at is when people say omg the big bang is impossible how could stuff just appear, something intelligent had to make that stuff appear or had to create the universe and that something is god. But i'm like if you say stuff couldn't just appear and something intelligent had to create it then what or who created god (if there is one). Also this thing i read said that if your so bad you go to hell wouldn't satan be thanking you for causing such misery on earth.

18. Sbaxman12

Sbaxman12 Popular Meeper

You don't immediately go down there, you have to do something very bad and be proud of it for something like that to happen, but everyone can repent and no one should want to go to a bad place like that, so if you did something bad and wish you Hadn't just repent and ask forgiveness, he never sets any one person aside.

Jellobean1 likes this.
  19. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Regardless of religion , be it Christianity, Islam, atheism, etc. If you pick one belief out of an infinite amount of choices, you'll probably be wrong.

Is God real? Maybe, but not in a form we would recognize.

"I am that I am."

Maybe the fact we all are here is what God is. Existence

Zoe89 likes this.
  20. Sbaxman12

Sbaxman12 Popular Meeper

Also, god regardless of if you do or don't believe in him, will judge you on how you treat others, he knows that everyone is a good person, and wants everyone to be happy, so he sets up religions about him. This is what I believe, so don't yell at me for having an opinion everyone.