1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Homelessness

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Bweesus, Mar 4, 2016.

1. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

In Denmark we pay up to and around 45% in taxes, and our sales tax is 25%, but no one complains. Why? Because All medical care is free, this includes doctors, dentists and hospitals. All high schools are free, this includes, well, literally every single high school. Most university courses are free. Parents get child benefits, if you are unemployed you get unemployment benefits, and much more.
    At the end of the day, even though we pay more in taxes, we are left with more than you, because you have to pay for everything. High taxes are good.

Btw, there are only 5000 homeless people in Denmark, out of 5,5 million people. Less than 0,1% of our population is homeless.

GroovyGrevous and kwagscraft like this.
  2. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

oh cool
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 10, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 10, 2016 ---
    I gotta learn to speak danish so I can move there

3. _Gimble_1.

_Gimble_1. Popular Meeper

I agree with you Deinen and I should have added more of a backstory, we were watching three different videos in english on viewpoints and that was one of them. I am not saying that college is a waste, I am planning on going to college if I can get into one. I was talking about how he also mentioned that nowadays lots of skilled jobs such as plumbers and electricians are in high demand.

Mockingbae, that works for you guys because your government figured out how to install those taxes and keep the people happy with programs such as your free medical care and education. Unfortunately in the US, we have a major conflict of interest between those who are in favor of your style but a lot of people would not like to have those high taxes even with the benefits because they believe that it would lower the overall standard of these things such as healthcare and education. Though who knows, down the road the US might become more like Denmark when we figure it out.

4. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

A lot of them, if they get something (like some money, or an apartment) actually get a job, and do stuff.

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  5. TheDebatheist

TheDebatheist Popular Meeper

wp teacher gg

6. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

We could give rich people tax exemptions to house the homeless.

7. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

Wha...?

8. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

Those damn homeless people figured out a way around the property tax, but people are somehow mad at the rich for finding there own loopholes in the tax code!?

9. Photoave12

Photoave12 Popular Meeper

Great movie!

10. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

Ya well Copenhagen is also rated the worlds #1 place to live.

This is the real solution: