1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Help required!

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by CrazyYoungBro, May 12, 2016.

1. CrazyYoungBro

CrazyYoungBro Popular Meeper

Hello,

About 2-3 months ago, I started learning to code in different languages. Till date, I am fluent with HTML, CSS and I also know a bit of JavaScript and Java. I want to dive into Java programming and learn everything about Java. My aim is to reach the intermediate level of Java in under 4 months. So can anbody sugest me any course that might be extremely helpful and will get me till there.
    I am also interested in paid courses if there is any under $40 but free courses will be best.

Thanks and Regards,
    Arihant Bansal

KaiUsesThis and GroovyGrevous like this.
  2. Lord_Walrus

Lord_Walrus Popular Meeper

Like always, I could always help you out. I always learned from books or other people so I don't know any programs, but good luck!

KyloMeep, fasehed, Cherrykit and 2 others like this.
  3. CrazyYoungBro

Hey,
    Please help me out! Most of the interactive tutorials on the net suck and they give me headaches. It'd be great to have help from you.

4. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

Codecademy

5. CrazyYoungBro

Hey,
    Thanks for suggesting it but I've already tried it out.. I've completed the whole damn Java course that codeacademy offers but it wasnt too informative and couldnt help me at all.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 13, 2016, Original Post Date: May 12, 2016 ---
    Does anyone have any previous experience with Udacity's courses? I found about them and think they're good.

6. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

I found the same thing.

CrazyYoungBro likes this.
  7. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

Khan academy is pretty much the same as code but It works too!

Photoave12 and CrazyYoungBro like this.
  8. CrazyYoungBro

Thanks for the suggestion but KhanAcademy only has programming courses on HTML, CSS and JavaScript. I require Java lessons

9. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

It also is said like Con - academy, sounds like some fishy stuff to me.

CrazyYoungBro likes this.
  10. CrazyYoungBro

Codeacademy only offers good content who are willing to pay $20 a month for its pro membership.

11. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

You might also consider taking a Java programming course (I think that they're oriented for college students though). I haven't looked at it that much, but you might consider taking a quick glance at edX. It should be free.

I work as the lead computer science and software engineering tutor at my university. I would advise that the best way to learn Java would be to jump right in! Don't worry about making mistakes--the best part about computer science is the backspace key. If you have any specific questions about the Java language (or other languages, for that matter) feel free to post them here and I'll take a look!