1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

It's time.

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Summers, May 10, 2016.

1. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

It's about time I made my own thread for this suggestion instead of posting this on everyone else's suggestion.

The suggestion is. Adding new custom or creative perks as rewards for towny in Minigames.
    Many times have I seen new players come to the server wanting to play some of our cool and unique Minigames but we are lacking players in them. Adding these features to Minigames would cause our current player base to play our Minigames and will populate them for when newer players join the server. This will then get the player to return remembering how many players were playing our Minigames and maybe then he will join towny and become a permanent member of the community.

Edit: Forgot to add.. Minigames would need their own custom currency that cannot be tradable so it would for the player to play the Minigame. But do leave the rewards tradable to add spice to the Eco.

I will reply to all feedback to this suggestion in the comments so please leave constructive criticism.

2. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

We should accept that it's never coming back, but I remember that being so much fun.

3. j32400

j32400 Popular Meeper

+1
    I have often wanted to play some of the minigames but no one is in any of them. This would be a great/fun way to get people to play them in a way that benefits everybody.

Summers likes this.
  4. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

Maybe some sort of "on call" type plugin that would allow players to queue themselves for a minigame while not actually being in the lobby. Kinda like GTA does it, so players could do stuffs while they wait for a game to populate.

Maybe this will help cause the more "regular" players to continue to play mini games. I think your concept for boosting new player retention is solid.
    +1

Epicdude141, FunGUY, KyloMeep and 9 others like this.
  5. TechnoTyson

TechnoTyson Popular Meeper

+2 I find this a lot, also I feel like a replacement for spleef is needed

Summers likes this.
  6. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I think the focus should move from minigames back to towny. Historically minigames have had a very low success rate converting minigame players to towny players. I think we should focus on the gamemode that has traditionally pushed MeepCraft's success, has traditionally maintained the majority of players, and has nearly all of the reasons to purchase a rank, towny.

Minigames should be used as a variance for towny players to do something else but not as a driving force to funnel players into towny, because it doesn't work. Additionally, as someone who generally dislikes minigames, it would not be appreciated if I were pushed to play a gamemode I dislike simply to get more things in towny.

I think to boost new player retention, the goal should be to making the server more attractive to the larger than thought pool of towny-orientated players, instead of the massive and costly pool of casual gamers who simply don't care about towny.

"MeepCraft currently incorporates minigames. These minigames integrated into the Economy experience in the way that players are rewarded with the in-game currency “Meebles” upon winning. The basis behind this previously was that players would join the server for the minigames, and stay for the economy aspect. This is not true, and it was never true."

- Coelho

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  7. OKNEM

OKNEM Celebrity Meeper

+0. I think towny should be the main part of Meep, and it should stay that way.

LordMellow and Jadeybear7 like this.
  8. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

Honestly, they need to work on towny suggestions more than minigames. Group Chat, which I suggested, is taking almost a full year months to make!

9. lordusan

lordusan The true #DarkKnight

Stuff takes time

FunGUY, Pmx728 and Hyori like this.
  10. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

Fixed.

11. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

I just want towny perks as rewards in Minigames to somewhat populate them so the players that come for the Minigames stay than soon settle into towny. As a staff member I spent a lot of time in tutorial watching new players and what the majority of them first do is go straight to Minigames and then soon after they leave the server due to lack of players.
    Putting towny perks as high rewards in Minigames would in turn get Minigame players to venture out into towny.

2leah2 and Jwarian like this.
  12. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

13. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

Shut up

14. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

chill

15. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

pls

16. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

Yeah, well I was told it would take like a week.

17. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

That's understandable, however, I believe that this is not a successful strategy. We've seen very little conversion from mini-games to towny compared to the time, and resources devoted to minigames over the past few years. Since MeepNetworks, the server has shifted away from the towny focal point to more of a hub environment, and I believe we've seen very little transition from mini-games to towny, due to the vast differences in gameplay. Almost like we're attracting people with a FPS game, in order to get them to play an RPG.

I think the better strategy is to expand the towny content, and compete for the pool of towny players that exist over all servers. Very large servers with towny have a rather large playerbase in those gamemodes, however their towny is run of the mill and lacks that "Special Sauce" that MeepCraft has in their towny, and I think we can compete on content and merit alone.

Minigames should be designed to be a side of our entree of towny, to offer variance to existing towny players, and additional minigames should be complimentary to the towny gameplay. (Skyblock, other persistent progress games)

sicklynerd likes this.
  18. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

A lot of these posts are about how towny should be the focus. Well putting towny rewards in Minigames is making towny the focus. I see more players leave the server because we have no one in any of the Minigames vs not enough players in towny.

2leah2 and junelawnchaired like this.
  19. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

The thing is is that for existing towny players they have no reason to pLay other than for meebles (not very many, mind you). If an economically advanced player wants to play a mini game they don't have much reason to (because they already have meebles; they can get meebles easier from being a capitalist via selling in a shop for example). If we had things like spawners or donation notes as rewards for mini games I guarantee more people would play games like Halo or Infected. They are fun games but there are just no reason to play. When they get these new rewards they are forced to go to towny to use them.

2leah2 and Summers like this.
  20. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

this sounds sooo cool!

Summers likes this.