1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Ban begging in shout

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Splendy, May 6, 2016.

1. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

I view begging in shout as people who are too lazy to work (in a video game ffs) for their own meebles or donate. It spams up chat, annoys people (can't just be me?) and creates a server where no one is willing to put effort in to play.

3 different people in chat are begging, it's getting a bit ridiculous

2. j32400

j32400 Popular Meeper

+1
    I see this a lot, and it is quite annoying/adds nothing to the server.

FunGUY likes this.
  3. Klitch

Klitch

It doesn't harm anyone, -1

Niiicck and Summers like this.
  4. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

It creates unneeded spam.
    Minecraft is supposed to be a grindy game and I do not understand.if you don't want to grind, play a game that does not involve grinding.
    Its not other player's faults that you have no patience to get your own money.

a solution would be to ask the beggar to please not beg and to suggest to him some ways to make money.

Begging is stupid and doesn't need to exist in the community. Earn the money like I did.

+1

Burritoh and FunGUY like this.
  5. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

but but but....

I beg

it works sometimes

Burritoh likes this.
  6. j32400

j32400 Popular Meeper

I waggle my finger of shame in your general direction.

Burritoh, FunGUY and metr0n0me like this.
  7. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

xD Summrs, "Please beg for meebles in /tr please"

Burritoh, Cherrykit, FunGUY and 2 others like this.
  8. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

It's been tried, it doesn't really work. Banning players = bad, no need to exacerbate that for rather harmless reasons.

2leah2, metr0n0me, Draqq and 3 others like this.
  9. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

Don't ban it but rather make it a /tr thing
    And if staff see a player doing it a lot maybe warn them then kick them.

FunGUY and j32400 like this.
  10. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

I think banning someone for begging is kind of excessive. While it's annoying and all, I think that the player should be warned twice, then muted for a short period of time, so they learn their lesson.

FunGUY likes this.
  11. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

+1. maybe give a warning, then a kick, then a short ban.

FunGUY likes this.
  12. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

I think warnings and then a temporary mute would be a more reasonable answer than a ban (like senor said). I don't think it's a /tr thing either they're not offering anything up for trade it's just a bit pathetic to be honest.

But it's a recent thing that's come back? I've not really seen it as prominent as it has been in the past few weeks before.

CluelessKlutz, FunGUY and alex77034 like this.
  13. FunGUY

FunGUY Popular Meeper

+10 so many people beg for things like I'm saving up for elite or vip or premium donate to me!! I've donated 5k once to someone just to shut em' up (it was my friend boombox). It's is annoying and we don't have group msg so I can't /gtoggle because I want to talk to all of my friends.

14. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

+1 but maybe just mute them for 5 minutes

15. xCrustie

xCrustie Meeper

+1

16. PeriHeika

PeriHeika Celebrity Meeper

-1, this is too hard to police.
    When people get punished for foul language, there's occasionally the player who makes a dramatic thread about it on forums. Whether what they said is legal or not, the reason why there are issues is because there is no defined line over what is a bad word and what is not. Many people have different preferences.
    There is no defined line over what begging is. If begging was prohibited, there would be so many drama issues.

17. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

So therefore it shouldn't be? It's quite hard to stop people from x-raying yet meep still takes time to search them out and ban them.

Then let me draw said line for you. When someone asks for money and in exchange offers no products/services that is begging. Tada

Drama is the reason you're giving me? So if someone robbed your house (I know this an extreme example but I feel like it shows my point) and they kicked up a fuss about being arrested they should be let free? "Ooooh look this person said they shouldn't be arrested and are causing a bit of a commotion we should let them get away with their crime".

2leah2 likes this.
  18. Burritoh

Burritoh Popular Meeper

+1 just tell them to do it in /tr -_- otherwise ban. They can't get banned in /tr anyways, even if it's spam because I filed a /modreq once on someone who was literally constantly spamming the chat repeatedly (like 6 times every minute) with "please donate" and even though they received over 400k they still constantly asked and never even said thanks, haha. Anyways, they wouldn't ban because "it was in /tr for trade and wasn't considered spamming since it was in /tr" spamming is spamming. :/ just make them do it in /tr and turn it off if you don't wan to see it. Shouldn't be allowed in global though.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 8, 2016, Original Post Date: May 8, 2016 ---
    Oh crap. Dang, pretty much sums up what I said dad I read like the first comment and write it out haha

EDIT: just kick them with a note saying to stop or bet in /tr don't ban them. And if so, just ban for like 10 minutes.

Splendy likes this.
  19. MoonlitMadness

MoonlitMadness Celebrity Meeper

We are going to deny this. However, We are going to enforce this be put in /tr
    have a nice day!

Burritoh likes this.