1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

DON'T 1.9 meep

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by fasehed, Mar 26, 2016.

1. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

I mean, they did change it and you guys are just hating the change. I know I'm sort of against this update, but I'm going to give it a shot.
    I am assuming 2.0 is going to be a huge / biggest update, so probably next year is the next update.

2. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

It's gonna be 1.10, not 2.0

3. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

Stop complaining about pvp. We can turn it off. It would just listen to the people who do know, there wouldn't a God Dang Billion of these "DONT UPDATE" spam threads.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 21, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 21, 2016 ---

Qaztar and Math_Pro like this.
  4. 1_3

1_3 Meeper

Maybe the 1% that enjoy 1.9 pvp have there own warp. and 1.8 on another one.

Also math, REMOVE THE BUTTON. NOW

Qaztar likes this.
  5. 1_3

1_3 Meeper

The math cheeting link. its a screamer.

6. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

1.7 pvp anyone?

No?

K.

Torris Grimes-Phelps likes this.
  7. DV___VS___H

DV___VS___H Celebrity Meeper

3 bar pvp anyone?

8. 1_3

1_3 Meeper

1.0 PVP! back in the day all we had were swords and bows (and armor :p)

trdavis25 likes this.
  9. NGUS

NGUS Popular Meeper

I dont know what the next update is called, but aparently they are already working on an update that adds 3 new mobs :greedy:

10. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

It is two bar pvp thank you very much.

metr0n0me likes this.
  11. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Guys minecraft alpha pvp... anyone?

12. SoCool21

SoCool21 Popular Meeper

Its possible to remove the attack cooldowns in 1.9 - you can even do it in a command block without any plugins required, and although I'm no developer, I'm fairly certain you can change how fishing rods work too.
    Per hit, the stone axe does do more damage than a diamond sword. However, diamond swords deal the most damage per second, as axe cooldowns are much longer.

13. DancingQueen33

DancingQueen33 Popular Meeper

I love the new 1.9 items, but everything else was a stupid idea! 1.9 ALREADY HAS ISSUES! 1. Weird nether noises 2. You can't play anyone mini-games without the game, or your whole computer crashing. and 3. It is SUPER laggy and glitchy.

14. PhoenixPuppy

PhoenixPuppy Celebrity Meeper

OH NO! You actually have to do something besides * click click click click click 1 2 3 4 5 click click click click click? You mean Minecraft actually made pvp something you have to think about to be good at besides having a fast clicking mouse and good internet? :O That's just horrible, I can't possibly imagine what you're going to do now....
    [​IMG]

15. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

16. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

It is ignorant to think you can "click click click" and become good. I have a 4 bar connection to Meep and I click an average human FPS, yet I beat people who can click over 13 and have a better internet? You learn to click 15 cps and try fighting me. I bet you'll lose. The new click speed is making minecraft a turn based RPG and if I wanted that I'd go play something else.

Lady_Hestia, trdavis25 and metr0n0me like this.
  17. PhoenixPuppy

Brah, I haven't even played minecraft in like 2 years, and I quit pvping when I became staff 3-4 years ago. Before I quit I was a pvp legend, part of Clockwork, internet connection and click speed plus jumping is all that matters lamo.

18. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

Clockwork is a joke, I can tell you for a fact that if you click 15 cps jump and have 1ms, all you'll look like is an idiot.

Lady_Hestia, Lemoh and Redolwolf like this.
  19. PhoenixPuppy

Lmao okay, whatever makes you feel better about yourself bro.

fasehed and Qaztar like this.
  20. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

Honestly, PVP is a lot more than mashing W, spamclicking, and jumping. The 1.9 update, without any modifications by Meepcraft, will, as legendcaleb said, turn into a turn-based game. I wouldn't be opposed to 1.9 if the clicktimer was removed or even lessened, but as of now:

1) God armor would be devalued, and people who store their fortune in god items would become broke. Thus disenfranchised, they'd be more likely to quit, driving valuable potential donors away from the server.

2) God fights would take FOREVER, making terrarium useless. Furthermore, fights would basically be determined by chance. Mastering strafing, w-tapping, etc. takes a lot more practice than hotkeying effectively to the most damaging weapon.

3) Hackers would be a lot harder to catch. Most hackers are caught when their hits are erratic and their head snaps dramatically. With a click timer, hacks would be a lot easier to hide, and the staff team would have a difficult time removing hackers with any sort of accuracy.