1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meep Behavioral Rewards System

Discussion in 'Denied' started by PhoenixPuppy, Apr 19, 2016.

1. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

How? it seems like it would help people who are well known in the community for helping out, not new players.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 19, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 19, 2016 ---
    i see i thought you ment residents, however still do you expect new people to have towns?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 19, 2016 ---
    do we really want a suggestion that was wrote in five minutes? shouldn't we have a suggestion that are well thought out. not whipped together.

2. PhoenixPuppy

PhoenixPuppy Celebrity Meeper

Okay, I don't even play Meepcraft. So I'm just making this as a *suggestion* to try and help meepcraft. As I said in previous posts I made this in five minutes, something that just popped into my mind that we could get some extra community input on. On your comment, I like IFOC's suggestion.

Okay i have no idea what i've done to offend you.

The whole idea of suggestions is to get community input. Everything starts at an idea and is worked out from there.

Would you rather have a suggestion that was completely 100% made by PhoenixPuppy, or a suggestion that was put together by all the players of Meepcraft.

Also why would I spend hours making a suggestion that's just going to get instantly shot down with negative comments.

It's a suggestion. Any suggestion can be taken by the staff team and reworked, that's all I was trying to do.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  3. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

This would be unfair because I would win every year

4. PhoenixPuppy

[​IMG]

5. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

what? of good people and bad people?

I actually don't mind this suggestion; however, it doesn't necessarily need to be a plugin--a forum post with a wealthy sponsor would work as well, right?

PhoenixPuppy likes this.
  6. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

No, if you think someone has been an outstanding member of the community, you should send them a pm, /mail, forum convo, ect. Theres no need for a server/staff-run program for this
    Are you my doppleganger

metr0n0me likes this.
  7. metr0n0me

I think it might be cool if staff at least nominally sponsored something like this (maybe a sticky post on the top of the forums?), as it would help publicize the program a bit.

8. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

Well in short, toxic players shouldn't be here. Therefore a system designed to differentiate people from them is redundant.
    I think simply removing the players that cause issue has always been the best solution. Perhaps the desire to segregate the people at the moment is generated by too large a population of said "toxic" players and we(helpers) just need to do our job better.

9. metr0n0me

Perhaps we need to deal with the root cause of the toxicity? In general, mass toxicity is indicative of a greater underlying problem that we need to address--see the other threads.

I don't see why encouraging players to help each other out is necessarily a bad thing; at worst it reduces the burden on the staff team and decreases /modreq wait times, because the community would answer players' questions and concerns.
    there are no "thank yous here and there" anymore D:

PhoenixPuppy likes this.
  10. Qaws

Qaws Popular Meeper

@PhoenixPuppy
    A question that comes up is
    Can someone win multiple times?
    If so, do they just keep receiving more meebles?

My concern for this is discouragement for other players to try to strive for this if winners can be repeated.
    Subsequently, all motives are lost to stay participative and a good role-model after being won.

metr0n0me and PhoenixPuppy like this.
  11. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

A simple solution to this "problem" would be to suggest to the owners of the news thread if they want to add this aspect. It is their decision if they want to or not.

The way I see it this thread was more of a way to facilitate a discussion about finding a way to recognize players for their positive contributions to the server rather than outlining a reward program. The title may be a bit misleading at this point

PhoenixPuppy likes this.
  12. PhoenixPuppy

Perhaps if they win once they can't win for another (X) number of weeks/months.

metr0n0me and Qaws like this.
  13. IGotBored

IGotBored Celebrity Meeper

Well you're quite right on one end, I didn't get paid for my grades, I got them because I'd be punished if I didn't

I do appreciate the advanced diction you used though, although the only word that seems to be relevant there is "spouting"

I'm actually not ignorant, although your bias seems to prevent you from admitting that. I know a lot about a lot of things. If I'm really a troll, there is a handy little ignore button next to my name and I implore you to click it.

And I'm not sure what your definition of trolling is. At worst I'm mean, and sorry I'm not gonna hold your hand and carry a "everybody's a winner mentality". Again, ignore me if you feel the need, I have no issue with continuing to "spout ignorant jabber" if that's truly what you want

I appreciate the keyboard dual though, work on your form.

WeAreNumberUno likes this.
  14. Lord_Walrus

Lord_Walrus Popular Meeper

My idea for this to create less bias is to make a plugin that players can use to refer someone (once a week).

Scenario:
    Player1: Here's some wheat. *hands wheat*
    Player2: Thanks!
    Player2: */refer Player1 Gave me wheat*

Then after the week, month, year whatever, we can tally up the votes for it. yay

15. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Lots of bias
    lots of paid refers
    Alts
    Staff would get like a dozen extra in a day

metr0n0me likes this.
  16. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

People should not be rewarded for doing what is simply expected of them.

WeAreNumberUno, Muunkee and IGotBored like this.
  17. Lord_Walrus

Within restriction to the OP (Ban limit), and a proper policy this wouldn't happen.

Again, with a policy that would be put in place with the suggestion.

LOL. Ever heard of an IP check.

Exempt.

This is also why I included a reason, gives less leeway for "corrupt" votes.

I'm also kind of with @Deinen on this, but at the same time, we need to acknowledge that our playerbase is mostly children under ~12. I think they'll act better to get the award which could lead to a more pleasant community.

18. LadyCassandra

LadyCassandra Rebel Angel Warrior | Sweet Baby Child

Your kindness is rewarded based on what people see. End of story.
    Honestly, all you have to do is just be nice - the rewards will come to you naturally. Sure, it might take some time, but if your goal on Meep is not to gain something for yourself but for other you'll realize in the end you get a lot out for yourself as well.
    Take me, for example. I got popular so fast that even staff thought I was an old player coming back and messing with my friends. But in truth, I'd never even stepped into the server once before. As a citizen I gave out what I called "starter kits" to newer players because I'd found a way to use the leather I'd gathered from the original /pwarp food. For that reason I was gifted VIP. Apparently I'd made a positive impact on the forums (something like that) and in return I was given Premium. A month later, I ranked up to Exclusive and I didn't see it coming even after Lordusan had been trying to find a rank seller many weeks before and was constantly asking for one in shout. When I got Exclusive cooey privately messaged me saying he promised he would get me Elite. Sure enough, during the Christmas sale, I got Elite. Supreme was yet another gift, but that's another story. About a week before I was promoted to Mod Lordusan had found yet another rankseller who bought me Ultimate. On top of that, I was gifted many millions of meebles and as of right now I am the fastest Celebrity Member on the forums And for some reason a lot of guys seem to be really attracted to me. Did I do anything big? No. So what did I do? I don't have an explanation aside from being nice. People do notice your actions! You simply need the right mindset of giving and not getting. Only then will you realize how much you get out of it.

19. Lord_Walrus

So what you're saying is that if you're nice and nobody sees you, you don't get rewarded?

20. LadyCassandra

LadyCassandra Rebel Angel Warrior | Sweet Baby Child

In a way, yes, but things like that do not go uneasily noticed, especially if your reputation is built off of it.