1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

On a serious note; what is this staff?

Discussion in 'Denied' started by nhjed, Apr 18, 2016.

?

Should we loosen the restrictions on chat? (e.g. swearing, sex refs, politics)

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 00000

00000 Guest

you're not the only one glad about that

2. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

make these nuts allowed on this server

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  3. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Gonna post this again because it was deleted on another thread...

Random Player on global: 69

Staff:
    [​IMG]

4. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

i wasn't insulting you.

haha good one my man1!!1!!1! *slaps knee*

Burritoh likes this.
  5. Zer0000000000

Zer0000000000 Popular Meeper

try 2 make a joke without someone getting offended.

haha.

trick question.

u can't.

Llamazon likes this.
  6. 00000

00000 Guest

Bruh it's a joke, like chill out with the sarcasm

Burritoh likes this.
  7. IGotBored

IGotBored Celebrity Meeper

This is so confusing, your beginning sentence was about how this server is to the point of not having fun. Then we go into drug references vs. suicide encouragement. Then we go back to the strictness of the server. Finally we end up on your own personal experiences and then conclude.

disclaimer: further usage of "you" refers to the general "you". There's always the one guy who thinks it's all about him and thinks I wrote specifically for him. I didn't.

Actual examples are generally backed up with evidence of a screenshot? There's context given as well? I fully agree that telling someone to kill themselves should be a permabannable offense. We don't live in that world, currently, so let's stick to how it is right now as that argument is fully different. If the player making a drug reference has a much longer ban history than the one committing the other offense, they're going to be punished more harshly whether the offense deserves it or not. Repeated infractions deserve harsher punishments until the point when they just say to heck with it and permaban you (see:VKL_Rewindzz, over 50 times).

Now, I can agree with you on the strictness part. This server is so much less tolerant than they were even just a year ago. I can totally agree that it's a good idea to change things, but I don't see why you can't accept that things aren't going to change and you aren't going to get your way. There are thousands of other servers and dozens of other media where you can make your drug reference. Why is this one the one you care so much about? Surely there's other humor that can be found in things that aren't against the rules? If your entire sense of humor results around breaking social taboos then the problem doesn't lie with the server.

To what end? Is your life going to be vastly impacted by getting to make a sex joke or a drug joke? Is this so paramount to your enjoyment of the game that the server is unplayable without it? I mean, if you can give me a solid reason why it would be beneficial to the server to do so then let me know because I'm genuinely interested to hear it. (No, you don't know that majority of the players would appreciate it, just the majority of the ones who shout the loudest).

tl;dr why

8. 00000

00000 Guest

Players who participate the most in the community should have the most important opinions. It's not discrimination - it's pure logic.

IGotBored likes this.
  9. IGotBored

IGotBored Celebrity Meeper

I didn't say participate most in the community, I said those who shout their opinions the loudest, like those who make these threads.

I agree with you, the more involved you are, the more your opinion should count. Unfortunately, it's not the players with the most participation making these claims, it's just the most outspoken.

cooey, Toostenheimer and 00000 like this.
  10. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

I can't even make a non-inappropriate joke without someone screaming at me in /msg

Burritoh and Llamazon like this.
  11. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

Haha no I did not.

12. Klitch

Klitch

Yes thank you we have now made 3+ threads on this, like I said earlier, all this is is a discussion. Make a suggestion if you actually wanna get somewhere.

Lady_Hestia and BooBear1227 like this.
  13. Llamazon

Llamazon Celebrity Meeper

Sometimes, staff do overthink the things we say...
    Once I said that I was inhaling nail polish, sharpie fumes, and smoke at the same time. Staff told me in /msg to stop... they thought I was referencing suicide.
    I guess I understand the misinterpretation, but really? I told the staff what was really happening: I was painting my nails, and while they were drying, I was drawing a picture with a sharpie, and then I opened my window to let out the fumes, but the smoke of somebody else's burn pile came in through the window. The staff replied to my reasoning with "Yeah. Sure."
    10/10 trust

14. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

Alright I can get you some threads on the drug references VS death threats

http://meepcraft.com/threads/i-actually-didnt-know-this.43425/

As for the death threats, I didn't bother taking screenshots because I wasn't going to report so I'll just pull up logs.

[16:33:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (G/TownsA) [X] Person: platonic kys
    [16:33:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (G/Creative) [Ultimate] kdocherty7: you matter mirrella.
    [16:33:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (T/TownsB) [Premium] Chromixa: in the chroms we have a
    [16:33:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] secret hideout. become a chrom and be nice! :D
    [16:33:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] /msg us!
    [16:33:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Welcome creeperZombie21 to MeepCraft!
    [16:33:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (G/Creative) [Supreme] Mirrella: thank yoi sheryr
    [16:33:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (G/Spawn) [Ultimate] Burritoh: back
    [16:33:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (G/TownsA) [Exclusive] zsuzsu1: hi
    [16:33:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (G/TownsB) [Premium] Chromixa: burritoh
    [16:33:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (T/Creative) [Arch] Draqq: buying ranks with meebles msg me
    [16:33:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Oh no, you fell! Type /spawn to go back to the spawn.
    [16:33:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (G/TownsB) [Elite] Tasmiki: Hey Kyle! Got that mic yet?
    [16:33:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (G/Spawn) [Media] Bloopers: do i matter
    [16:33:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (G/TownsB) [Premium] Chromixa: on Pc? burritoh?
    [16:33:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (MeepCraft) Join the action packed game of Halo at /warp
    [16:33:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] halo!
    [16:33:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (MeepCraft) Don't wait until it's too late to buy a 25% off rank
    [16:33:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] in our Spring Sale. Go to meepcraft.com/upgrade
    [16:33:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] now!
    [16:33:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (G/TownsA) [Exclusive] Khalter17: how do u get ride of the
    [16:33:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] plotborder lines on a town
    [16:33:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (G/Creative) [Ultimate] kdocherty7: Almost! Im on the way!

[16:33:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (G/TownsA) [Helper] Staff Member: -- please stop that
    [16:33:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (G/TownsB) [Premium] Chromixa: in the chroms we have a
    [16:33:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] secret hideout. become a chrom and be nice! :D
    [16:33:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] /msg us!

[16:33:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (G/TownsA) [X] Person: y ?

It's not about the fact that servers allow swearing that make it appealing to me. I enjoy playing on meepcraft because my friends play on here, however whenever one person says something people deem "not allowed" they are quick to attack them. I'm not saying that I can't enjoy a server without being able to make references, that's not true at all. I just want to feel I can say some things from time to time without the entire server jumping on me. I'm sure you've experienced this at some point, or maybe not I'm not sure. All I'm trying to do is have the server ease up
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 19, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 19, 2016 ---
    Want me to copy paste the whole thing to suggestions or do you get the memo that something should be done if there are 3+ threads on it?

metr0n0me and IGotBored like this.
  15. Klitch

Klitch

well you can also just stop making threads in discussion, bc would you rather have 3 discussions on the same thing if it's going to get nowhere or make one thread that might actually get somewhere?

16. Kachess

Kachess Celebrity Meeper

I wish I could have eased into swearing like that. :bored:

17. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Why don't you move the thread to suggestions lol

Toostenheimer likes this.
  18. Klitch

Klitch

I can do that, or we can just make suggestions in suggestion perhaps?

Threads merged and moved to suggestions, now I did have to unlock it so that the discussion can continue, but mind you, if this becomes some large flame war or off-topic stuff is posted, they will be deleted and warning points will be issued with necessary. Play nice.

Muunkee likes this.
  19. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

What, so we can have it denied? Maybe we just want to discuss it.

metr0n0me and legendcaleb like this.
  20. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Well I mean I didn't make the thread, I think you're right I just thought the more simple solution was to move the existing lot to the suggestions forum rather than people making 42 new suggestion threads

Klitch likes this.