1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meep Behavioral Rewards System

Discussion in 'Denied' started by PhoenixPuppy, Apr 19, 2016.

1. PhoenixPuppy

PhoenixPuppy Celebrity Meeper

Meep Behavioral Rewards System
    A suggestion by phoenixpuppy

Here's my suggestion, obviously s the title states it's a behavioral rewards system that rewards players for good behavior. At the end of each month staff members will pick four (or whatever number you want) players that have been exceptionally helpful and kind to other players. From the four the meepcraft community will then vote on who they thought was the most helpful. If there is a tie the prize will be split.

Also I'd suggest a player of the year as well. Whoever got the most monthly prizes wins the player of the year.

Banned players would not be allowed to participate until 2-3 months after their ban.

Prizes could be one of the following or multiple (again suggestions).

Monthly winners:

1mill-100k meebles
    in game title (Player of the month, POM)
    no town taxes for a month

Yearly winners:
    Rank upgrade
    In game title ( POY, player of the year).
    meebles

ect...
    just a suggestion.

2. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

More staff bias complaints incoming.

3. Burritoh

Burritoh Popular Meeper

I think this could cause a lot of controversy and 'Flames' to the server, making it worse.

EDIT: even though I understand it is whole hearted and meant for good, but MANY people will most likely make complaints about the people chosen, because they've done this, or they've done that.
    I wouldn't mind this getting accept though, as it could encourage players to be good.

Empoleon_master, Lady_Hestia and Qaws like this.
  4. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

Kinda against further driving a class division in the community, we have enough as it is.

Enron, Qaws and 2leah2 like this.
  5. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

This'll create more drama and more upset between people than it'll encourage to do good.

6. Qaws

Qaws Popular Meeper

I like the idea, but I think the reward for good behavior and compliance to the rules is the ability to play on meep unquestioned.
    Exemplary behavior is rewarded with the chance to become staff.

7. Burritoh

Burritoh Popular Meeper

Haha, I was about to say something like this myself! Qaws is very right, good behavior should just be what you do, you shouldn't DESERVE something for it, and if you think you SHOULD get something for it 100%, that's wrong. The people that don't mind getting nothing from this are the people we need, people that think they're inclined to get something are fake anyhow. Good things should be rewarded, but not as a regular thing, and not as something official. If you do good, then people should be kind to you, and you should be able to make friends easy and that's already good + other things will likely come your way from good relationships. :)

8. PhoenixPuppy

The whole point is looking past what someone has done and what they have turned into and accomplished.

However two weeks after someone did "this or that" is not enough time for them to actually make a big change in their behavior. That is why I put the 3months after a ban. So they are more motivated after being banned to stay on a straight arrow, so they can be considered for the Meep rewards.

Again this is just a suggestion, I'm not saying that it will hurt or help the community. It is something I made up in five minutes, it's not a final draft. The whole point is to get community input to hopefully make a system that would work, if the staff choose to use this.

Also, this would not fix all of Meeps problems. This would be helpful for new players that join the server, asking questions in /shout and getting good and quick answers, which would hopefully encourage them to stay on the server and then eventually donate. It's to keep the players who are being good and helpful the way they are.

Personally I think harsher punishments for repeat offenders would be a good idea as well.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    IFartOnChilren likes this.
  9. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

dont even need a poll, i would win

Kazarkas, Splendy and Lady_Hestia like this.
  10. PhoenixPuppy

[​IMG]

11. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

I like the idea, but I can understand why people are against it because of all the reasons already stated above. One thing that I don't agree with is how this would cause a class division.
    How can you say that this is a bad idea because it would divide people due to their class? I think you're arguing the wrong point here. Behavior class is not related to one's ingame wealth. What is wrong with rewarding players who are well behaved and eloquent, and not rewarding those who are being toxic?

Anyway, I can see how one would argue with the fact that well behaved people are already awarded in many cases with a staff position. That is a fair argument. I just don't think this idea would divide anyone in a malicious way.

Maybe something we can do as an alternative to this suggestion is make a very minimal meeble reward(if any), and have a Meeper of the Week on the news that the staff come out with, where the member is just recognized with his/her positive contribution. I know there is another news thread that is in development by OKNEM, so maybe he can pick a new person every week as well. In my opinion this would only help spread positivity around the forums.

12. iMelXP

iMelXP bean team

And players who help a lot tend to apply for staff very soon after, making the entire thing very complicated.

13. PhoenixPuppy

The chance to become staff work your a** off and not get any reward besides a few thank yous here and there, and the feeling of self accomplishment. For some that's enough for some its not. What about those who don't want to become staff? Or those who use to be staff, and are done with it.

Or here's an idea, why not even add staff in with them?

My main point is that we should be rewarding people who are being a positive influence in the community.

You could also use it as a bonus point in staff applications, a way to get your name out there so when you apply for staff you are even more well known.

"I have been nominated for X amount of time for Player of the month".

"Last month I earned the player of the month reward".

metr0n0me likes this.
  14. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

Again I agree with you that positive players should be rewarded and I understand that you said this thread was kinda a rough draft. For this reason I think the best way to avoid any flame would to recognize the "Meeper of the week" and "staff member of the week" on any news threads without any monetary reward. This removes anyone's incentive to be "fake" just to get meebles.

Qaws and PhoenixPuppy like this.
  15. jcbetro1011

jcbetro1011 Celebrity Meeper

What is this kindergarten?

Splendy likes this.
  16. PhoenixPuppy

pretty much.

17. IGotBored

IGotBored Celebrity Meeper

Good behavior shouldn't be rewarded?

It's just what you should do

Y'all sound like the type of people that got paid for getting As on their report card

18. PhoenixPuppy

And yet you don't. You just sit here and troll on the forums spouting ignorant jabber you know nothing about.

19. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

so just saying, no town taxes could screw some towns that live on taxes. Also, good behavior shouldn't be rewarded, it should be expected. human decency is something everyone should have.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 19, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 19, 2016 ---
    ironic.

20. PhoenixPuppy

I completely agree, however human decency is not something you find in everyone. Again, this is a suggestion. One to help new players that are joining the server.

As far has town taxes go, my thinking was more for town owners not paying taxees for a month. Which would mean they could expand and provide more plots for new players. I understand everyone doesn't own a town, that was a flaw in my suggestion that I wrote in five minutes.