1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

More trash suggestions!

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Kazarkas, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

Its the end of a hectic semester at pharmacy school so I am prepping myself to start playing video games again :jawdrop:, that being said I have been on the server and seen some areas where I think we could improve and gain more players yada yada yada..... People may ultimately disagree with these suggestions and I understand that but I am just throwing them out there.

• A chat filter that can be toggled
    I understand we are a "family friendly" server and that is completely okay! That being said if someone doesn't want to see a certain type of chat they can simply keep the chat filter on and everything is "A Okay". The filter should be enabled by default and I also think we should educate people to use /ignore more. Currently I feel like players are on a witch hunt to report any sex ref or any offending language and its not because they don't want to see it. It is because they think in their mind if they report more people and get people banned then they have a better chance to be staff, will be cool with staff members, etc... /ignore is a command we already have yet I see endless bans having to do with things said via /msg when the person can easily do /ignore and situation is solved... In my opinion it is a personal responsibility to take such measures because lets be honest, if you don't do /ignore you are inviting it when you can easily shut it down.

In all, this suggestion would cut down on bans, make moderating easier for the staff (I'm all about simplicity), and will make adult players feel like they aren't being lectured by a 1st grade teacher to be nice. Some may argue that this invites toxic players but let me remind you that I have been on this server for 4 years and donated, had I joined and said a simple curse or insult and been temp banned I wouldn't have come back on. It cuts out some players and we desperately need more of them.

• Bring back the old inflating jobs back
    Back in the day we had jobs where money was pretty easily made and everyone went bonkers because "Oh the economy" but guess what, Minecraft is a game for little kids and little kids want to make money fast. If you join a server and you see people with millions of meebles meanwhile it takes you forever you will ultimately get bored and just seek another server. Eventually prices will even out among items and it will give people the illusion they are making a lot. I think it would just be nice if a group of new players could join and make enough money for a town relatively quick because there are many people that join a server with a group of friends and want their own town, if they can't do that quick then they leave woohooo.

• Community Driven Events
    Back in the day we had something called "Meep Olympics" and it was pretty fun and a good amount of people participated in it. It would be nice if players could buy in to a group of people that compete via PvP or other means and receive a cash reward for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Towns would also compete to host such events with arenas and would get a payment.... blah blah blah, it would be a fun addition.... Not saying this should be the only community event, many other ideas are welcome.

FOR THE RECORD:

I'm just throwing out a ton of ideas out there because I do care for the server despite what some staff may think given I give people a hard time. If none of them get implemented that's fine, just want to start a discussion on what could potentially help the server.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
  2. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

The first one will be denied with the reason "we are a family friendly server".

3. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

Suggestion 1:

/ignore is not a command, although I definitely think it should be implemented. I also agree on the filter. I think we should be more free to curse (obviously if it's excessive or too vulgar staff can interfere), and people with the filter toggled simply wouldn't see messages that have curses in them.
    +1

Suggestion 2:

Meepcraft is an economy server. Yes, we need more players, but do we want more players at the expense of what the server. I could make a list of people who would consider quitting if Meepcraft lost the economy aspect.

Suggestion 3:

I don't really feel that this should be a suggestion to the server, maybe we hsould just be encouraging players to hold these sorts of events.

~Peper~ likes this.
  4. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Im not trying to supress you lot that love blazing Fs and such but I seriously do not understand why there has to be a need to to swearing on this game.

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  5. Kazarkas

There really isn't a need for it, I personally wouldn't curse someone out or anything but with the sex refs and such I think it goes a little too far. It will probably be denied and I understand that but it was just a suggestion.
    -------
    Having /jobs that pay well loses the economy aspect? I think buying 1 million meebles with daddy's money loses the economy aspect more than doing in game activities for meebles. Sorry but I don't agree but I respect your position. A while ago /jobs paid really well and all was fine on the server. More money in this server is brought in via donations than will be brought in via a slight increase in the pay of /jobs.

metr0n0me and Lady_Hestia like this.
  6. n00bslayer_99

What I mean is, for people who worked hard to get millions and all of a sudden new players can come and make the same in much shorter time. And I agree the buying meebles can be annoying, but it's what keeps the server running, and I like being on the server, so I don't really see it as a problem.

metr0n0me likes this.
  7. Kling

Yeah all good mate, I remember when we were talking about netflix an chill and NetflixQueen came online so I said Welcome, netflix and chill? I got banned. The entire chat was full of it but I got banned by a young staff member that had also banned me for a sex ref that had nothing to do with anything sexual just their dirty mind. You know who you are -_-

8. MoonlitMadness

MoonlitMadness Celebrity Meeper

lol was it zoe?

9. Kazarkas

That chat filter is more for trivial sex refs as you mentioned, not so people can go around spamming "Mother ....." you can fill it in...

Kling and Lady_Hestia like this.
  10. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

We have community events but they aren't fun. The community events that are fun are player driven not staff driven. Like 7ace's pvp parkour tournament. That was amazing!
    Chat filter is a great idea doesn't have to be soon but eventually. It wouldn't have to allow all cursing and references and harassment will still be bannable.
    Jobs actually pay decent money last time I checked. I think we should bring back gold farms since hornemans is gone. :p
    Suggestion unban kazarkas' s main forums account
    Reason: positive contribution

cooey, KyloMeep, metr0n0me and 2 others like this.
  11. Kazarkas

I never said make it so people can make millions over night, I just want more ways of easy cash inflow. Trust me, it won't hurt the servers economy... for the longest time people have been focusing on what can fix the economy etc...
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 17, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 17, 2016 ---
    Wasn't aware that jobs brought in a ton of money because when I left it really didn't, just threw that out there because I heard from a staff member that they weren't the best... a while ago they were amazing money.

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  12. Kling

No.

13. MoonlitMadness

MoonlitMadness Celebrity Meeper

Ok idk then xD

14. n00bslayer_99

Please suggest this someone

15. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

There is no need to curse, however, I would argue on the flip side, why does there need to be such a "repressive" (for lack of better word) atmosphere?

The server has gone through phases where it works quite hard to stamp out any controversial topic it sees in a global chat medium, even though by standards, it's quite mild. Although this is not a continuous thing, it does come and go more prevalently.

From a business perspective, the current rules only serves to restrict the playerbase you can get, as I've seen a lot of the older crowd turned off by this type of micro-moderation. Most successful commercial games use a filtering option, those who want to see it can, those who do not, turn the censor on.

Can anyone argue with evidence that restriction of topics/language brings in more players, thus more business? Can anyone show that we would lose more players than gain by easing the restrictions, and shifting to attract a different demographic would be a hinder to business?

Keeping in mind, I completely understand and generally agree with the "atmosphere" argument, however, from a business perspective, I think the server should shift towards a more profitable avenue, when they can. I think that this is a topic where a server shift would do good.

16. Kling

Cheers mate. Because multiple times I ask people this and the usual response is 'so I can express my anger' or 'so I can say what I want'. I'm not really bothered if it would happen or not because it shall not effect how I act but I just never see the necessary need.

17. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Yeah, that is a crap argument, essentially. And I'm not advocating for a les-a-faire environment on cursing either. But in the end, language or not, banned players = less players, and less players = less money, and less money = less successful business.

18. Kling

I like the way you look at it.

19. Kazarkas

omg amazing idea +1000

00000, IFartOnChilren and Muunkee like this.
  20. 00000

00000 Guest

I wish there could a be a sex ref toggle. Adult humor is implied by players quite often but they can't actually say the joke they want to say because little Timmy will lose sleep over it. Humor is subjective.

Kazarkas and kyle_docherty7 like this.