1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Chat Color (it's probably not what you think)

Discussion in 'Denied' started by LācisLT, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landonator419

Landonator419 Celebrity Meeper

I also paid for /heal, /feed and other commands at other ranks. Still have those...

CluelessKlutz and BooBear1227 like this.
  2. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

Ruin the eco?
    Go finish 3rd grade

BooBear1227 likes this.
  3. Landonator419

It's a joke lol I'm saying what the admins and Fuzzlr would say.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 7, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 7, 2016 ---
    Can you take sarcasm? Go to 1st grade.

4. GingerManOWNS

GingerManOWNS Selfie Master! BOW!!

I don't see how it'd ruin the Economy. And I do believe they would care if it'd get more people to donate and from what I've seen people are saying that if they could another color they would donate for Ult.

BooBear1227 likes this.
  5. Landonator419

It's a joke

6. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

That's a good point but she didn't buy ult, someone bought it for her.

7. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

You know what I also paid for?
    When I upgraded from VIP I did not lost /back.
    When I upgraded from Prem I did not lose /feed
    When I upgraded from Exl I did not lose /heal
    When I upgraded from Elite I didn't lose /fix
    When I upgraded from supreme I lost a perk. A good one in my eyes. I downgraded 1 perk because I wanted the others.
    that's ridiculous.

8. Klitch

Klitch

You didn't lose them because there's nothing that cancels them out, do you not understand that?

9. Muunkee

Is it so hard to give us an option?
    Is it so hard to keep orange if you like orange, but still have the ability to use a previous color (white or purple)?
    It's seriously not only going to make many people happy, but several people will rank up, or start saving for it.
    We're literally holding back people that want to donate and people that want ult because of a goddamn chat color!

10. TimtheFireLord

TimtheFireLord Celebrity Meeper

You should just be able to set any color you want. Like you have a list of about 10

11. Klitch

Klitch

The issue I see here is not that people need more chat colors, it's that people are too focused on a chat color.

12. Muunkee

So fix the problem. We have a problem with it. It's an easily solved problem. it's a problem lots of people are annoyed and passionate about.

You're literally holding back server funds because you won't allow us to change our chat color.

BooBear1227 likes this.
  13. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

Never have I seen someone so passionate about the color orange. I have friends that like the color, yes. No one this passionate though.

We're too focused on a chat color? You mean that the color everyone sees all the time, there's bound to be a wall of orange text at some point when someone is online. The color of the rainbow that not a whole lot of people like?

For a few weeks, I refrained from talking in local and shout because of this "it's justt a chat color." Ultimate wasn't bought for the darn color, it was bought for /fly. Spawners are overridden, but it's an increase in tier levels. My /sethome amount is overridden with 100 instead of 5, but I still have that 5. These are all additions. Chat color is an addition, in my opinion.

Better idea: make everyone but staff go to the white chat color. No more fusses about the difference in colors, tadaa.

Klitch likes this.
  14. Klitch

Klitch

Outstanding, you take an idea I have been trying to coherently explain and describe it flawlessly. I 100% agree.

Still can't tell if it's actually agreeing with me, but the last 2 paragraphs +1000

15. LācisLT

LācisLT Meeper

First paragraph: I'd have to agree with you on that one, to be honest.
    Second paragraph: I don't understand what you're saying, and I don't mean to strawman your argument here, but are you saying that just because there will be orange in the chat is evidence against the argument? People just want their own color to be changed - nobody has said anything about having an issue others using orange. It's up to personal preference, and if someone wants to talk in one other color, they won't be affecting other people... Am I understanding what you're saying here correctly? I feel like my own post has gotten incoherent here.

Third paragraph: These people are holding out for buying Ultimate because of the chat color. You saying that it was bought for /fly is, yet again, a subjective argument. People have different opinions than you and many people in this thread can't seem to accept that, even on an idea that would be easy to implement and would make many people happy as well as bring in additional revenue.

Fourth paragraph: Haha, you make a good point there. However, it's a general rule of thumb not to mess with something somebody bought for money. There will be severe backlash should this be implemented, and I'm sure a few people would quit.

Great post. Unfortunately, we can't change what people will do. We're losing out on some decent money here by not implementing such an easy thing, and that won't be changed by saying that it's crazy to care about the chat color so much - even though that is true.

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  16. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

So, if Ultimate got a choice between orange, purple, and white; then I think Supreme should also get the choice between purple and white...

Yeah, people want their own color changed, and that's what I was trying to get at. There are a lot of Ultimates that aren't happy with the color. The statement was more of a Also, if you look at some of the other threads that have been made on this topic, it's not just Ultimates that want/would like the color change. Other ranks support it. I could have done a better job at conveying my opinion throughout my post, and I probably should have. It's a little incoherent. That paragraph was supposed to be a response to @Klitcher . The orange color is very noticeable, and everyone is bound to see it at some point. It's a color that people have been fighting both for and against, but there is more of a majority on the pro change of color side. I found it odd that he said we are "too focused on a chat color" instead of more chat colors. Because the argument is for a change in color or an addition of the colors we are allowed to have.

I totally get that buying it for /fly is subjective. Lots of people do it to help the server, for some kits, and for some other things. It was more of a "lots of people buy it for /fly" seeing as that's one of the main reasons that people buy it. Not everything can be an objective argument, because there is always some subjectivity on a certain level of understanding. I totally agree that it's a relatively easy implementation and it would bring in a lot of the revenue that Meep currently needs.

Well, our perks have been tweaked a bit here and there. I love how we can always add stuff to ranks, but when people try to take some things away from it, it's a whole other ball game. I mean, if people really go to the extent to quit over a simple chat color, I think they need to re-arrange their priorities, but that's their decision.

CluelessKlutz and LācisLT like this.
  17. 00000

00000 Guest

Great post. OP has defended his point really well, and I'd have to rate this at +1. It's too small of a change to be denied, when considering the large amount of players holding out for it.

18. FunGUY

FunGUY Popular Meeper

I'm not getting ult because it really looks ugly

Muunkee likes this.
  19. Muunkee

Ik iiTzJDL also said he wouldn't
    Cooey said he wouldn't
    I would not have if it wasn't a free gift for my birthday

20. FunGUY

FunGUY Popular Meeper

Yea it really is bad