1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Chat Color (it's probably not what you think)

Discussion in 'Denied' started by LācisLT, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

I paid for kit pvp kits, I no longer have said kits.

+1 ultimate is severely lacking in perks for the cost, having the ability to select a chat colour is a great incentive to donate.

2. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

This
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 6, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 6, 2016 ---
    This is a problem, a lot of people don't like to orange cause it isn't appealing.

FunGUY and CluelessKlutz like this.
  3. anikin ultimate

anikin ultimate Popular Meeper

I like it. I really don't see anything wrong with it. The colour for Ultimate has always been orange and only now people start complaining about it? Nothing is really wrong with orange. It stands out more than any of the other ranks you can buy.

4. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

No it doesn't, and people have been complaining for a while. Purple stands out a lot more than orange, aswell.

CluelessKlutz and Draqq like this.
  5. LācisLT

LācisLT Meeper

Your first post, I'll just reuse my response to Klitcher, as he brought up a similar point:

Now for your second:
    Standing out is irrelevant here. Purple stands out as well, and looks better in the eyes of some people. You can't use your opinion as logic for your argument, and I've seen people complaining about the color before this, trust me.

Either way, I am glad you have found a color you like. I just want everyone to be able to pick what they want.

@junelawnchaired - Good post. I think there very well should be a cool down. I'd say 14 to 21 days.

6. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

I like this guy

LācisLT likes this.
  7. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

People have been complaining about it for over a year lol

8. LordGalaxy

LordGalaxy Popular Meeper

I got a solution. Supreme's gets orange and Ultimate's get purple. lol

9. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

+1, I'd buy ult, then switch to white :)

BooBear1227 likes this.
  10. _MacintoshWave_

_MacintoshWave_ Celebrity Meeper

Let's say for the sake of it, this suggestion gets accepted. It would confuse people of your rank because all of a sudden, some Ults have purple chat, some Ults have white chat, and some Ults have the regular orange-yellow chat. Players online tend to tell someone's rank by their chat color and not by their prefix. While it is possible to tell one's rank based on their prefix, Each Ult still has a different color. Here is an example to better describe my POV:

Inside the mind of an Ult who just changed their chat color:
    "Yes! I'm so excited to finally have a different chat color! I'm so happy to have my favorite color for my chat text! I'm happy for myself! I don't care if I confuse other people! To hell with their opinion!"

Inside the mind of lower ranked players when they log on to see all the pretty colors:
    "Wait what? Why does this Ultimate member have a purple text color?! WTF?! Now 'this' Ultimate member has white chat color?! How am I going to tell who is who?! Most of my friends are Ultimate, how am I going to find them in here?! WHO WAS THE IDIOT THAT THOUGHT OF THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

11. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

they could read the rank.
    They could msg them.
    Who the hell would be angry about something like this?
    This example is silly.

12. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

I suggest brown.

KyloMeep and Landonator419 like this.
  13. Burritoh

Burritoh Popular Meeper

We also previously payed for purple, but yet we do not have it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 7, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 7, 2016 ---
    Very true.

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  14. Redolwolf

Redolwolf Popular Meeper

Basically by donating to ultimate, you are being robbed of one of the perks you previously donated for but I also agree that it would cause confusion to others to be able to change the text whenever you please. For example, if I am talking to a supreme in shout, I will only instinctively look for purple text and this will be confusing but it's hard to please everybody so I don't really care personally what's decided but then again, I didn't buy Ultimate.

15. Klitch

Klitch

I don't really see how you all can believe you deserve purple, you can't have two chat colors, so it should be reasonably inferred that when you get ult the purple is gone.

16. LācisLT

LācisLT Meeper

Please, allow me to make it clearer for you:

When someone buys Supreme, they receive the purple color. When they upgrade, they want to keep it, and some people aren't getting Ultimate just because of this. The Ultimate has donated for Supreme and Ultimate, with their $320. That's the logic people are applying here, although I agree that perhaps it is a bit flawed. That's why I'll explain a bit differently:

The entire suggestion is based off of being able to have two chat colors. Inherently, we will need a cooldown period between color changes. But allowing people to switch between purple and orange won't be too bad. The suggestion is that we're trying to change the fact that the purple is displaced when one purchases Ultimate, not keep along with it. That is my reasoning. Additionally, we have people here saying that the only reason they're not spending $160 more here is because of the chat color.

Muunkee, CluelessKlutz and Burritoh like this.
  17. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

This is probably the most selfish post I have ever seen from a staff member. "I like it, and because I like it no one else should be allowed to choose what they like. -1"
    Smfh

18. Landonator419

Landonator419 Celebrity Meeper

Most admins and Fuzzlr don't care about it tho. It would ruin the Eco if we made it so you can change your color.

Burritoh likes this.
  19. Burritoh

Burritoh Popular Meeper

Same thing I had thought. Just because you lik it doesn't mean others do, they need to be considerate, there's no problem with an extra color for others that they like. "If you like your orange you can keep your orange, if you like your purple you can keep you purple!" (Quote from Obama, two words replaced with other words..)

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  20. LācisLT

LācisLT Meeper

I don't follow, how exactly would it have any effect on the economy howsoever? It's simply an aesthetic, cosmetic change based on someone's more liked color - it has literally no correlation to anything economic.

@XxGedaviaManxX - Fair enough, let's say it will confuse people, but is it going to be that hard to get used to it? Why are you even looking at someone's rank in the first place, and who cares about what rank someone is in chat? It really shouldn't matter to anyone, because chat is about the messages and conversation, not about what rank someone is. Here's a little more detailing my ideas to counter your post:

What? Did you intend for this to be able to trump any previously mentioned ideas? I legitimately cannot understand your thinking behind this example. It's not a very good one nor is it very well thought out. If you could elaborate, that'd be great; because currently it appears that you are inferencing that Ultimates who will change their color are selfish?

This part is, in all seriousness, quite silly. You went overboard with the hyperbole in this one, but I'll attempt to demonstrate to you the ideas I have in order to counter your post.

You tell who is who by the name. It was never the rank that differentiated people except with chat color - which, indeed, could confuse some people for a while, but they're both about equal in noticeability in the sea of white - and can't you just use /seen or /msg or something to find your friends?

Also, what is the point of the last sentence? It's simply an unnecessary insult towards me.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.