1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

I expected better, staff team.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by 7acespade, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klitch

Klitch

2. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

I agree completely. This is what I was thinking when I read this thread.

7acespade, I hope you realize that this thread and drama that you have created has done nothing but drastically lower her chances of getting accepted next time around. Members of staff definitely pay attention to how the applicant responds to their decision. For all you know, they planned to deny her to see if she responded gracefully, which would guarantee her acceptance next month.

I strongly suggest that you apologize to her and anyone else whose time has been wasted by your thread. I cringed a little when I saw your first post, because Muunkee was definitely on her way to becoming a part of the staff team in the near future and this thread, although she didn’t post it herself, was very unprofessional. I’m curious, what did you think you were going to get out of this thread? Did you seriously think by whining that the staff was just going to be like “oh, our bad, you’re right”

Lady_Hestia, cooey, PeriHeika and 7 others like this.
  3. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I did not post this thread
    I did not ask him to post this thread
    I am in no way related to the posting of this thread nor the argument that I should be given a chance right now.

PeriHeika and 7acespade like this.
  4. 7acespade

7acespade Celebrity Meeper

As I said, this thread is not linked to Muunkee, it was made by me and was not made in collaboration with her at all. What I wanted to obtain from this thread was a reason for her denial, which was not supplied in her application.

5. IFartOnChilren

Ok, that is fair. Difficult to believe, but fair. Either way, you could have just messaged a staff member or talked to one on Teamspeak, but you chose to make a whole dramatic thread about it, and that is not okay. Overall, whether you meant to or not, you put a dent into her progress, and made yourself look bad. This thread is unneeded and should be deleted.

6. 7acespade

By the time this thread was created, me and muunkee were having difficulty contacting supermods, it took us a very long time to finally speak to one. Yes, poking on teamspeak and pming on forums also did not work.

Youre right, this thread is pointless, but I thought it would facilitate a discussion on why Muunkee was denied the opportunity instead of spiraling out of control like it clearly did.

7. IFartOnChilren

Cool, I'm glad we agree. You have been a member of these forums for almost 3 years, by now you should be able to have a general idea of the types of responses you'd get from a thread like this.

cooey, Cherrykit, 2leah2 and 5 others like this.
  8. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

i was a bad staff member so of course

9. LācisLT

LācisLT Meeper

Hello,

I'm a new member to the forums, so not entirely sure if anything I say will be taken seriously, but it is worth a try to me.

I have been "lurking" for a while and observing the community for a bit. I don't personally know Muunkee nor have I ever spoken to her, so this is something I don't feel I'm biased on.

I feel that one's past doesn't need to define them. Muunkee has worked, in my opinion, quite hard from what I have seen, and I fully believe she is doing her best to become a shoo-in candidate for the job. In this case, I feel like the staff just want to give her a few more weeks; perhaps they want to see consistency in her attitude? I don't think it's as one-sided as it seems, from the perspective of someone looking from the outside in to staff decisions.

cooey, Torchic, Pmx728 and 1 other person like this.
  10. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

Anyone thinking of @metr0n0me anyone?

11. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Although the is obviously a thread to vent out your anger and frustration 7acespade (I speak for myself but I dare say others feel the same) but I don't think this thread will change anyones opinion whether it is good or bad.

What have you been wanting from this thread and has it been achieved?

Its_Madison likes this.
  12. 7acespade

I wanted a reason as to why Muunkee was not given the opportunity to be staff.
    No, this did not solve it, because this thread spiraled out of control.

And of course I'm angry, I saw her working hard for the rank for a very long time now, and I believe she deserves it more than anyone else. Im biased, lol.

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  13. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

I'm sorry but this thread was meant to bash the staff team and our recent decisions - not to find out why Muunkee was denied. You know well that she can find that info on her own, and that she would do it because she's the type who gets answers (not a bad thing). For hecks sake, if you wanted answers then the title of this thread would have been "why was muunkee denied" rather than targeting the entire team (who all don't hate muunkee, mind you) and it would have calmly given your reasons why she should have been accepted, and then perhaps a staff member would have kindly replied with a well-thought explanation on her denial. I'm not sure what you expect after targeting/attacking a group which has authority over these decisions..some kind of civil discussion? that seems to be quite unrealistic. Perhaps if you wanted to keep your aggressiveness in your essay then it should have been done in a private message, where you have time to think about how your words are going to sound to just one person of authority rather than a community who is inevitably going to rip the thread to pieces because it's negative in the first place!
    /rant

PeriHeika, Jwarian, alex77034 and 7 others like this.
  14. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

I only got denied on my first application (and deservedly so).

15. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Yes, because those are customers

And you are customer service.

Regardless of what they do, you must always partake in civil discussions.

16. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

No, I mean your history, and btw, you were a great staff member

17. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Fair enough mate although if you look back a couple pages you will see that staff members have commented on about decision and their opinion if you missed it, I just want to make sure that you have seen them so it helps out.

18. Phoosey

Phoosey Well-Known Meeper

I do not agree with you on that at all :l when I had a problem @BlendyCat was very quick to respond and solved it as well as the person bothering me completely stopped. I think @BlendyCat makes a phenomenal staff member and I that you didn't give him enough credit.

19. johnjoe1561

johnjoe1561 Celebrity Meeper

@Muunkee - Alexia

In my time on meep I have noticed an improvement in your attitude, specifically a lot less negativity.

You are extremely helpful in global and I personally I see you as a helper without the tag.

I can only believe you were refused as a test , to see if you continue with the positive improvement/attitude.

I sincerely hope these improvements are due to more maturity rather than a desire to be staff which is exactly what I believe the refusal is trying to test.

Maintain the positive approach and I have no doubt it is only a question of time before its a YES.

Muunkee likes this.
  20. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

Tbh, This is what I was looking for.

This is what I was afraid of.

Wanted to see!

All you do is start un-needed drama like a 12 year old Justin Beiber fan. When crap hits the fan, You try throwing big words and pretend its a civil discussion. If you wanted a civil discussion, You could have Pmed anyone like you PM your apologies to everyone.
    For the love of god, please stop making stupid "I expected more" threads. How can you expect more when you were demoted less than a month into the helper position.

Lastly, @Muunkee - Alexia. If 1 thing should be known, The decision was SUPER SUPER close. Tbh, I was expecting you to rage.
    Im happy to say you shut me up and proved me wrong. Plenty of reason to keep your head high and keep working towards your goal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.