1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Only the squeaky wheels get the grease?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by GoblinGirl, Feb 26, 2016.

1. GoblinGirl

GoblinGirl Popular Meeper

Although I have played Meepcraft and towny for a couple of years, it was only this last week that I decided to give Skyblock a try. At first I was hooked, because I loved the challenges that the game itself brings. But recently, I find my progress being stifled because of what I learned to believe, is a flaw in one of the plugins or server settings.

My first attempt at making a mob spawner was pretty small and simple; just a basic dark room that I would stand 16-22 blocks away from, especially at night, to get some mobs to show. Many a Minecraft night would come and go, and I would see little to nothing in my sad little room. Maybe it’s not big enough or dark enough. Ok, fine. So then I went searching on YouTube for step-by-step instructions on how to make a no fail mob spawner. Although I made it look different, I stayed within the guidelines to make it work. And over the last 2 real days, I have seen only a handful of mobs. At first I thought maybe it was player error, so I asked people to take a look and each person said it looked like it should work. What’s more, I went to another person’s island and saw that their mob spawner, with a similar design to mine, was working like gangbusters.

After making sure I did everything on my own, I finally did a /modreq and Deljikho was kind enough to take a look. Even he agreed that it should be working, but he said it would need an admin to look at my island to see why I’m not getting the spawns. He said he would pass on the information, but it may take a while. Maybe an hour or so later an Admin was online and talking to people in chat, so I tried to mention my problem and was completely ignored. He had time to try and argue with a player that was being rude and inflammatory, but for someone that had a legitimate gaming concern, I was practically invisible.

Today, many Admin, including Fuzzlr, were on the server addressing some gaming changes. Once again, I briefly mentioned that I’d love for someone to come take a look at a problem that even a SuperMod said was worth looking at, but the only time the Admins seem to have a reply, were to the people that are being disruptive and negative.

Maybe my old age is making me grumpier, but I’m starting to resent how much trolling and negative behavior is tolerated, while players like myself, get ignored about legitimate concerns that affect their gaming experience. I have been a loyal and mature player for at least 3 years here at Meepcraft. I was around before the big server shift and I came back once it returned to its former style. I don’t grief, I don’t troll and except for the rank that I won because I vote practically every day, I am also a paying customer. Is it really wrong of me to expect a higher standard of treatment? Sometimes I think about spending the extra $100+ dollars to get the Ultimate rank, but then I see how much my loyalty and easy-going demeanor is easily disregarded and it reminds me that I’d probably be better off spending that kind of money on something better.

2. 2leah2

2leah2 Celebrity Meeper

The people who actually needs help with big stuff like this, often get overshadowed by the toxic players, it's nothing new.

next time i see you in skyblock i'll go to nether with you and get spawners so you won't have to wait on an admin. Your grinder design should work, i've seen them work before and i don't know why yours won't work. But we can definitely put up a temporary grinder-ish thing for you so you won't be wasting time trying to get through to an admin. :]

3. GoblinGirl

Thanks for the kind words, Leah. You're a good person and a good friend. I have 2 spawner blocks now, but I still need to get a silk touch pick before I even think of what to do with them. I really appreciate you wanting to do that though and I will let you know when I'm ready to get that nether portal going. :)

Deljikho, 2leah2 and Hyori like this.
  4. 2leah2

2leah2 Celebrity Meeper

I believe i have 2 silk touch books and you can have one of them. And just give me a buzz once you're ready :]

Hyori and Deljikho like this.
  5. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

Hey is your mob spawner still messed up? I've given the admins as much information as I could, but something like that may be out of their reach and require a tech. If it's still not working let me know and I'll pester someone to take a look. I hope those two spawners helped :)

GoblinGirl and 2leah2 like this.
  6. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

WHat admins were the ones ignoring you?

7. marshallmafers

marshallmafers Celebrity Meeper

omfg your sig,
    [​IMG]
    (I know it's league, but Dark Souls 3 is right around the FREAKING CORNER! AFJWOAJF)

Deljikho likes this.
  8. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

Dude its so close!! So far you've been the only person that got the reference. I can't wait DS3 is going to be insane! \[T]/

9. Llamazon

Llamazon Celebrity Meeper

Something like this happened to me, with a sort of bigger thing...

I was accepted for trial arch. When I got accepted I was told to speak to an admin in game. I saw that the admin was online, active in global, so I msg'ed him asking him what the next step was. Never replied... I started my trial about 2 weeks or more after being accepted.

It's not like I'm still bitter about it or anything, (I've resigned from arch anyways), but I get your point.

10. GoblinGirl

Hey Del, thank you for checking in and asking! :)

I haven't played much in Skyblock for the last 12 days, so I warped there today and stood by my spawner for over an hour and 8 mobs fell down. I think it's safe to say that no, it's still not working. LOL. I'm guessing a tech would probably be the one that needs to take a look, but given how much stuff needs to be worked on in Meepcraft in general, I don't expect Dblo will have the time to look at the problem for a very long while.

That being said, I will probably not spend that much time in Skyblock. I played it because it was new, fun and offered a lot of challenges. But it's hard to enjoy a game when it's bugged or broken and no one really cares to fix it. I really do appreciate the spawners, but since I don't have a silk touch pickaxe, I haven't wanted to put them down. 2Leah2 has offered to give me a silk pick or book, which I'm really grateful, but I haven't been around as much. It's sad to say, but lately I'd rather play a single-player version of Skyblock than waste too much time in a game that won't let me play it the way it's supposed to be played.

I'm sure I'll play more in the future. I started playing the UHS, because that too is an interesting new challenge, but that also needs a lot of work. Needless to say, it's left me with a feeling of meh about logging in everyday. I'm sure it will pass, but that's kind of where I'm at right now. I really do appreciate you wanting to help me though. :)

2leah2 and metr0n0me like this.