1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Make Bans In-Game public again

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Killer2themx, Feb 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

Why?

Something other than the generic answer that it causes spam.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 21, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 21, 2016 ---
    So, the way you guys tried to combat the issue only resulted in more spam and confusion...

The only reason I see it as that the staff were upset that they were getting told to do their job right.

2. 2leah2

2leah2 Celebrity Meeper

honestly it would kind of be a relief to get an annoncement when a player is banned. I often see curious people asking "why, when and what did he/she do?" It is hard to keep a ban private if the banned player had made an impact on the server, people will wonder where that person went. +1 because i think it's important to let new players as well as old players know that what people do is bannable and that it will get punished. and as metr0 mentioned, people will wonder why nothing is done about the situation,(even though you already banned the player) it is nice to know that you actually took action.

metr0n0me and CreeperCristi like this.
  3. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

In response to "bans are private" - bans are hardly private. if you /seen someone you see their name crossed out. it's only human to wonder what they did. when people file a ban appeal, it is public - staff are going to be questioned about bans from other players either way.

I've noticed that when we don't tell players why their friend was banned they tend to think that we made a false ban or that we don't trust ourselves. if making the ban reasons public again solves this, I think the pros would outweigh the minor spam that may be associated

cooey, Toostenheimer, iMelXP and 8 others like this.
  4. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Celebrity Meeper

should've been done ages ago so people could laugh with me at my bans lol xd

5. kittynom

kittynom Celebrity Meeper

+1 I always got a good laugh. I still remember my favorite ban<3

CreeperCristi likes this.
  6. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

I had always had an issue with them being private. While they are not our personal business, it sets a standard for understanding that you will be banned if you do something bad. I honestly think it does a huge dis-service to the staff team because then more people argue that they didn't know that. "Read the rules" - the rules don't include everything you can be banned for. Yes, it argues that staff can feel free at anytime to ban you for any length and any reason.

You don't even have to put the player name in the "x was banned by y for z" Just say something like, player was banned for x time for y offense. And then staff can see the player name.

Spam for a few seconds after a ban is not bad. Get over yourself. Create a chat for bans. You can see them if you want to. You can only talk about bans that happened in that chat. Simple and easy.

Honestly. I hate wasting forum posts on report-a-players when the person was either kicked or banned already. Waste of my time, effort, and it's the waste of the staff member's time as well. So, I just stopped reporting people. Let people do bad things.

I'm a supporter for this to be pushed through even though I know this will not get passed. I get it's not needed right now, but it can honestly be thought about, so there is no reason why this shouldn't be moved to accepted and then just thrown away in denied awhile later.

7. LIAHKIM55

LIAHKIM55 Popular Meeper

8. FatBrownMan

FatBrownMan Celebrity Meeper

-1 Naming and shaming isn't a great idea guys.

9. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

Don't get banned in the first place, the naming and shaming was and should be a big part of the punishment.

Summers, cooey and Bob4444444 like this.
  10. -DrManateeeee-

-DrManateeeee- Active Meeper

-1 tbh it's not really our buissness

11. iMelXP

iMelXP bean team

I know this won't be accepted regardless but here's my +/-

+Shows punishment and staff presence that metr0 mentioned
    +Discourages players from committing such offenses due to the shame involved with publicization
    +Discourages gossip about others as the truth is readily available to them

-Slight spam in chat after bans
    -Inappropriate name bans excessively spam chat

In all honesty though, people aren't banned so often that it would be a constant spam and people would grow bored of making any comments on most of them after a while. Some bans are amusing to see and it could become a source of amusement for players, but it's just harmless fun.

Niiicck, GroovyGrevous, cooey and 3 others like this.
  12. BaM_Nitro

BaM_Nitro ஜ۩▬Retired▬ஜ۩

The "spam" will last a maximim of 30 seconds. Metro is correct, this will show players what not to do as they see the punishment for it. We have a a average 100 players online, you say "spam" like we have thousands of players, the spam will hardly be noticed. This will also reduce players constantly asking in chat why is so and so banned which reduces the modreqs so staff won't waste time on useless modreqs.

+1 for the suggestion

cooey, BooBear1227 and CreeperCristi like this.
  13. marshallmafers

marshallmafers Celebrity Meeper

Mate we average 150-240 players at server peaks every single day.

-------------------

Also I think it should be brought back. This way players will know who got banned for how long, and for what reasons. ''It reduces spam in /shout if it's gone.''
    As I've read in previous post, it just adds to the confusion, players spamming ''gg, ooohh, why? etc . .'' isn't good but it's also not bad. Players who see others getting banned for specific reasons will let others know that staff are actually doing their job. I see players spamming ''hacker in kit, ban ban'' every day hundred's of times in /shout all of the time. As of now, there's no way to combat the spam, It's a natural result when you give players the ability to talk in /shout /g so the entire server can see it.

-DrManateeeee- likes this.
  14. -DrManateeeee-

-DrManateeeee- Active Meeper

While we need staff new players come to servers to play the game, not to watch staff.

15. Landonator419

Landonator419 Celebrity Meeper

+1
    It shouldn't be private. If someone does something wrong that is their fault and should be embarrassed about it.

16. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

-1 because people already bash on staff and it seems like people might go "oh they got warned not because it is there friend but if it was me i would be banned,"

-DrManateeeee- likes this.
  17. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

You know we can see if a player is banned or not with /seen, so this point is invalid.

The Meepcraft community has changed greatly since it was last shown. I say that they should be shown for a week, and if it gets too out of hand and becomes a nuisance again, we lost our privilege. Just at least give it a try. It'll be easy to see within a couple days whether it was the right choice or not, and there's really no harm in trying.

+1

18. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

If this isn't being accepted... This is how we're not getting anywhere

If the staff doesn't listen to suggestions that the community wants(aka the majority of the server), we're basically moving nowhere

I could understand something like Pixelmon being unrealistic but like this isn't something that will harm the server at all

If this is denied I've lost all respect

So this better be accepted

+1

cooey likes this.
  19. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

^^

20. _MacintoshWave_

_MacintoshWave_ Celebrity Meeper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.