1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meepcraft Bank Accounts

Discussion in 'Denied' started by shiroppy, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiroppy

shiroppy Celebrity Meeper

So NickxGold and I thought of this cool idea, meepcraft bank accounts. Why would you use a bank account? Lets say you like dicing (*cough* Habaneros) you could put some of your meebles (put some in every day or something) to save and then when you get really poor from dicing alot you have extra meebles you can take out in that bank. Another reason why you could use it is if you did not own a town you could use the bank for meebles (if you owned a town you could use the town bank for meebles.) Of course you could deposit and withdraw from the bank. One big reason is no one could take your meebles, as in a town a co-mayor could take withdraw the money from the town bank (some towns have fallen for that reason :/.) I cant think of any other reasons why this should be added but their probably is.

Summary:
    Meepcraft bank accounts should be added for:
    *Saving money if you go poor from dicing
    *Deposit money if you do not own a town (it could save buying one and then you can be in your friends town or something)
    *Co-mayor cant withdraw the money from the bank (no one can withdraw money from it)
    I am sure there has to be more.

CrazyYoungBro likes this.
  2. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

So how is this different from one's balance?

Your only argument here is "saving money if you go poor from dicing". How is a different "account" going to save me from that? If someone has a bad habbit of dicing, he will use the money no matter where they are.

KyloMeep, Jalapenos, Aarett and 9 others like this.
  3. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Celebrity Meeper

is that not the purpose of a balance? and to address the begging issue, just ignore it or report it to a mod and they will tell the person to stop.

If you don't want to lose all of your money dicing, know your limit and don't dice it all like an idiot lmao.

Using it as your own personal town bank basically what you said, is pointless because it sounds like how someone would use their /bal if they're a resident in a town and nothing more or less.

SX1, cooey, CrazyYoungBro and 3 others like this.
  4. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

-1. You can always buy gold ingots with all your money in warp bank and save!

CrazyYoungBro and Pmx728 like this.
  5. Eggwall01

Eggwall01 Active Meeper

Or maybe you could exercise some self-restraint, refrain from dicing, and save meebles in your balance? If you're a dice addict, simply putting meebles in a bank account isn't going to do too much--you'll just end up withdrawing them anyways.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. Do you mean the bank would give meebles to players, or do you mean its use would be as a storage facility for meebles?

Co-mayors are forbidden to withdraw money from the town bank if the withdrawal would leave the town less than 7 days away from falling, so this is a non-issue.

I do not see any point to adding this plugin, particularly when other aspects of the server go neglected (*cough* CTF *cough* parkour *cough* creative). It would waste valuable development time that otherwise would be going to those areas.

Aarett, cooey and CrazyYoungBro like this.
  6. Historicmush

Historicmush Popular Meeper

Towns
    Gold
    Private town
    ez solution

7. shiroppy

But with a private town you would have to waste meebles to buy it, you could just use the bank to store your meebles instead of the upkeep taking it.

8. Historicmush

Historicmush Popular Meeper

or you could be smart with your money and save it in items.

Lets just say this. If you are having trouble keeping money, you're really bad at money management and you need to learn. No need for this it's their money and their loss.

CrazyYoungBro and Eggwall01 like this.
  9. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

Say a newer player made a 'bank account' and put all their money in it, leaving no money in their /bal. The next day, when they had to pay tax, would they be kicked? Would the tax be withdrawn from their account? If so, which account would it be withdrawn from if they had multiple accounts?

Also, say 'Player123' had a bank account with 100k in it, and they had another 100k in their /bal. If I did /bal Player123 would it show 100k or 200k? If it showed 100k, I would be mis-led as to how much money the player had, if it showed 200k then it would completely ruin your point about it preventing gambling losses, as Player123 could just see that they had more money by checking their /bal.

This as well:

10. _YouDontKnowMe_

_YouDontKnowMe_ Meeper

Mabye is they added something like a savings acount so the more money you keep in it the more it will increase over time so for example if i put 10k in the savings acount and left it for 3 months and I go back to it i would have say like 20000.

11. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

is this the same guy who wanted to reduce the amount of meebles in the economy
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 2, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 2, 2016 ---
    http://www.meepcraft.com/threads/how-to-save-up-meebles.53171/

12. _YouDontKnowMe_

_YouDontKnowMe_ Meeper

Kid just stop you clearly dont take things like this seriously enough to even care so just stop.

13. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Jesus christ, it's a game, you need to chill

Toostenheimer likes this.
  14. _YouDontKnowMe_

_YouDontKnowMe_ Meeper

K sorry monkey

15. Kachess

Kachess Celebrity Meeper

Would you gain interest?

16. shiroppy

Maybe like a small amount of meebles so its not the easiest way to gain meebles

17. _YouDontKnowMe_

_YouDontKnowMe_ Meeper

18. shiroppy

Then its just a side way to get a small amount of meebles so like if you just needed a few more meebles to buy something you could go withdraw it from the account or something

19. _YouDontKnowMe_

_YouDontKnowMe_ Meeper

Yeah like you make 3% of what you put in after a week or something

20. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Need a small amout of money fast?
    Let's see.
    /vote.
    /jobs.
    /lotto claim
    /shop.
    /warp shop.
    /pwarp (shops, depot, store, Color, supplies)
    Sell god items.
    Sell heads.

If I can spend about 15 seconds of thought and come up with ways to make money easy, then you can get up and make it yourself. Making money on meep is crazy easy.

No one begs in singleplayer. They grind.
    Minecraft is a game all about grinding. I don't see the issue.
    There's no need for this.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 2, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 2, 2016 ---
    I have almost 8 mil. Let's round it to like 7.5 mil.
    That's a free 225K.
    No.

Dockson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.