1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

PvP Staff

Discussion in 'Denied' started by BaM_Nitro, Jan 17, 2016.

?

Good idea?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I Dont care

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Miku

Miku One Hell of a Miku Staff Member Mod

Firstly, I had nothing to do with your ban.

Secondly this argument about bluapol needs to stop, you are wrong again, we have a say in all bans yes, but this ban was not decided by lower staff, it was decided by higher staff. So if you'd like to complain, please educate yourself on the matter before accusing people that have nothing to do with this argument.

Personally if you disagree with something you can just come and talk with me OR any other staff, thats what we are here for, but seeing as most of you would rather spam complain about it on the forums and cause issues, not sure how we can help you, all it does it make things harder for the actual issue at hand. I dont think any of you have came to any of us and talked about this, you just jumped straight into accusations and complaining on the forums acting like it's going to help your case.

I've got news for all of you, It wont help, not this way. If you have a concern, you can come on TS, Skype, hell, even forum convo us instead of making threads of hate towards staff like this. Like I said, educate yourself on whats happened before you accuse others.

zsuzsu1, Dockson, Deljikho and 2 others like this.
  2. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Celebrity Meeper

+1 on the ban
    -1 on this suggestion, this is quite dumb. I don't see how you can get this wrong when there's many staff members that probably looked at it and all agreed on the same punishment. I wonder if anyone complaining about the ban even saw the proof

cooey, GroovyGrevous, Dockson and 3 others like this.
  3. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

First of all I was not putting the staff team down & I'm sorry if it came across that way. I like the current team, but think the staff should be more educated on hacking. I started a convo with you. Also, for those who handled my ban, I never hold grudges, it was a mistake.

Also this has nothing to do with my ban .. This is about Bluapol and more staff that are good at identifying hacks.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    Cherrykit and BaM_Nitro like this.
  4. BaM_Nitro

BaM_Nitro ஜ۩▬Retired▬ஜ۩

I made this thread as a suggestion so idk what your crying about.

Cherrykit and Pmx728 like this.
  5. Bluapol

Bluapol Media Team Meeper

Are you still mad of when I took you out live on terrarium?

Redolwolf, Pmx728, Lemoh and 2 others like this.
  6. Geeneus

Geeneus Popular Meeper

Someone trained to identify pvp hacks correctly can be just as effective, or even more effective as a pvp'er who has witnessed hacks themselves. Take an aimbot as an example, a major characteristic of an aimbot is single frame movement. If the player goes from hitting one player to moving and hitting another in a single frame, then this is an aimbot. There must be movement elsewhere in the clip to prove that this is not lag related either. Someone trained in this manner, who has seen false accusation clips as well as real aimbot clips will be effective at determining who is using an aimbot, and who is not. This goes for pretty much every other cheat in the book, from macro use to anti-kb.

There are sophisticated processes that can be used to determine who is actually cheating that can be even more effective than "feeling" that the person is cheating because you are a "pvp'er." I have no idea what Meepcraft's procedures are for training their staff to identify who is hacking and who is not, but if it is done correctly, the staff definitely does not need to be a "pvp'er."

I do pvp fairly often, and it is obvious to me when someone is using a major cheat, like aimbot or kill aura, but I find it much more effective to state and find proof through the statements of these types of methods.

Staff dealing with these types of hacks who pvp often is definitely be a plus, but it will not change the final accusation if the staff member is properly trained on how to identify these hacks. If meepcraft is banning people falsely, then they need to work on the ways they determine who is hacking, along with supplying various sample clips of actual hacks and false accusations to their trainees. This being said, we do not need staff who know how to pvp, as long as they are not blind and have a head attached.

zsuzsu1, metr0n0me, Cherrykit and 4 others like this.
  7. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Celebrity Meeper

LOL I'm not mad at all because it's just a game. You must have thought you were actually an important member of the staff team or something

Muunkee likes this.
  8. BaM_Nitro

BaM_Nitro ஜ۩▬Retired▬ஜ۩

This thread is now causing fights between people and this was not the point of this thread. I like to apologize to @Miku, @junelawnchaired and @Summers for being so offended and "anti-staff". I would like a staff member to lock this thread as its causing lots of drama and fights but please still keep this suggestion in mind.
    Thank you and good luck @Bluapol :(

metr0n0me, Cherrykit, Miku and 2 others like this.
  9. Bluapol

Agreed. Also another thing i would like to add is "Screensharing". If there is hacks suspected on a player, but there is not enough proof, staff members should be able to ask the player to join TS and screenshare. Just like in PvP Servers.

cooey, Redolwolf, Cherrykit and 2 others like this.
  10. Geeneus

Geeneus Popular Meeper

Just return to the topic, keep your answers logical and professional, and we are all good.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 17, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 17, 2016 ---
    I was thinking the very same thing. Someone should have the right to appeal their ban through some actual gameplay. That could be anything from screenshare like you mentioned, playing with staff on some other server. The only problem with this is I don't know how much of staff's time it would actually have to consume

zsuzsu1 and Bluapol like this.
  11. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

That wouldn't work at all, they could easily have just toggled their hacks off prior to the screen share ..

metr0n0me and VKL_ReWinDzz like this.
  12. Bluapol

That doesn't saves them, and still works, it is used on kohi and badlion. By screensharing i mean, the staff member gets into your minecraft files, so we can see if the player deleted them, or hided them or used them.

13. Lemoh

Lemoh Popular Meeper

Watch these videos. Screenshare can be used for checking xrayers, hackers and other stuff. I suggested this to @Deljikho already when I was on Xizilion.

Skip to 5:22

Excuse me for the swearing since these are not my videos.

14. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

This suggestion would have been helpful a couple months ago.....

metr0n0me and Draqq like this.
  15. Inkfy

Inkfy Celebrity Meeper

I mean I think the banning goes on how much the player is liked. liked person swears-gets warning. not liked person swears-BAN NOW!

16. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

not really true at all
    If a 'liked person' has a known reputation of being a perfectly good person, yeah they'll probably get off with a warning because they're known to normally be okay
    Staff don't like certain players for reasons.

17. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Or, an even better idea, teach the existing staff what PvP hacking is.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 18, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 18, 2016 ---
    To be fair, you weren't the greatest staff either. If I recall, you left a lot lacking as well. Hmm.

18. anikin ultimate

anikin ultimate Popular Meeper

I agree with this. I have seen this happen many times. I really do agree with this. And even if they are trained for this, majority clearly don't use their training on the server. +1

19. BaM_Nitro

BaM_Nitro ஜ۩▬Retired▬ஜ۩

If I recall you duped 50+ million worth of gold and got demoted and you came back as staff just to prove your a good staff and leave "good staff" memory instead of a bad admin which is the reason you resigned right away after you got admin. I'm 100% you didn't care about meep the second time around, don't get me wrong though you still did your job and were a decent staff. And last time I checked you quit meep so why you here, go back to selling shirts with printing on them.

Cherrykit likes this.
  20. Imperfectly

Imperfectly Celebrity Meeper

+1