1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Remove trade chat

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Dockson, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

As the title would suggest, remove the trade chat.

What's it purpose? To give staff a reason to pester people who accidentally/unknowingly advertise something in the global chat? Like there is a huge difference between a green T or red G at the side of the chat where no one ever looks. I'd imagine that if someone says "/pwarp x for y", the intention is not to engage in a conversation, but advertise, so I ask again: what's the purpose of the trade chat? Why not add a "help" chat for questions? Or an offtopic chat, parkour chat... etc and keep the shout for people saying hi, bye and what they had for lunch.

Dozens of times daily I see people being warned to not advertise in shout... It's in the rules. So basically any new player will not read them when they join the server. (Yeah, yeah Deinen, this is a business, customers should read the Terms and Conditions and follow them... Not my point really). My point is, staff is doing a pointless job, for a pointless rule because of a pointless chat.

Please remove it.

2. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

+1

It's useless

evilalec555 and Dockson like this.
  3. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

+1

Although my question for the staff is what exactly do they want to see in global chat?

metr0n0me, evilalec555 and Dockson like this.
  4. i8ryan

i8ryan Popular Meeper

+1 AGREE i'd enjoy a off topic chat. where we wouldnt get a staff member telling us to use fourms (Who actually would go to fourms to actually talk there when i want to talk in minecraft? ''

evilalec555, Dockson and Draqq like this.
  5. LIAHKIM55

LIAHKIM55 Popular Meeper

+1

I agree

Dockson likes this.
  6. Imperfectly

Imperfectly Celebrity Meeper

I suggested this b4 and it was Denied. +1.

@Jalapenos, Accept this so u cant ban me for it <3

Dockson likes this.
  7. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

+1
    The trade chat is useless

Dockson likes this.
  8. anikin ultimate

anikin ultimate Popular Meeper

+1 it has no use, it jujst makes staff stress over something so small and if you don't do it you get in trouble. Why? No use.

Dockson likes this.
  9. Jalapenos

Jalapenos Celebrity Meeper

It makes it so that you can toggle off advertisements but still be integrated with conversations in global. In my opinion, its a cool feature and useful to people who dont want to see ads, but still want to talk to the community.

10. NuckleMuckle

NuckleMuckle Popular Meeper

Trade chat was requested by users, and gives everyone an extra bit of control over their experience, thanks to separate commands /gtoggle and /ttoggle.

Global ON, Trade ON: See all messages for maximum community experience.

Global OFF, Trade OFF: Minimal measaging. I find this helpful sometimes while parkouring, and while having discussions in local with a new town resident or a mod on a /modreq.

Global OFF, Trade ON: Allows people to be notified of new shop openings and other financial opportunities while tuning out the latest toxic nonsense about Trump, which happens at least once a day.

Global ON, Trade OFF: Allows people to chat/clown without being bothered by trade spam.

Getting rid of trade chat means losing the last two options.

iMelXP likes this.
  11. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Yes, that is a totally different, but still an issue worth mentioning. I have seen moderators telling people to "go to forums" while talking about totally acceptable matters in shout.

Alright, you two have a good point. I have to admit, I haven't thought about the toggle option. So that's a purpose for the trade chat. You can toggle it off. Doesn't change the fact that half of the time people still advertise in /g and the only one who cares is staff (from what I've seen).

metr0n0me and Redolwolf like this.
  12. Jalapenos

Yeah. It's also a factor that while other people may care, it's not their place to enforce it. It's staff job to moderate this stuff so you will see us a bit more involved. Also, we have received a good sum of complaints about people disregarding trade chat. What sucks is that half of you guys want one thing, and the other half want another.

Deljikho likes this.
  13. CaveSpiderSam

CaveSpiderSam Popular Meeper

So, one of the main reasons this exists is so that staff can be pedants and pointlessly reprimand newbies for advertising in global?

14. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

I've been around for a year and half (4 months inactive) and I've seen people begging for /gtoggle numerous times. Never haven I seen anyone ask for a trade chat. Ever.

Also, saying that moderating this will make you seem more involved is just so wrong. That's the wrong kind of involved. I don't want to see "Stop that" 's "Watch your language" 's "Use the trade chat" 's etc., that's not being involved, that's doing a thing a clever plugin could do or if you will, a robot.

metr0n0me, Draqq and Muunkee like this.
  15. TwistedGabe

TwistedGabe Active Meeper

16. Jalapenos

People have asked for not only tr chat, but additions to it on the forums. It has been suggested many times.

You said others seem they don't seem to care but past suggestions and comments prove they do. Staff are here to enforce the rules whether or not they seem more involved because of this is all opinion.

Truth here is that there are two sides, each of which wanting different things. If I were going to be honest with you I don't see trade chat being removed anywhere in the near future. A compromise here may be more succesful than a large change, if you could think of one.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Deljikho likes this.
  17. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Once we get rid of trade chat you will al start complaining about the advertisements in shout and the constant spam from players.
    Trade chat prevents you from having to see all of the constant spam advertisements from other players of you would not like to. Huge -1

metr0n0me, Muunkee, Pmx728 and 2 others like this.
  18. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

Never in my whole time on this server have I saw someone actually complain about general advertisements in global, although now; the staffs fix for something that wasn't really an issue in the first place has now only caused more complaining with the constant spam from staff telling players to use the trade chat.

but again,

metr0n0me and Dockson like this.
  19. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Many many players complained about spam in chat before /trade chat was introduced, that is the whole purpose of use making a separate chat that CAN BE TOGGLED (key words). I have no idea why you want shout chat to be filled with /lotto buy 20 win the 180k with only 6k, Come to /pwarp store for many cool and neato items, Holding a rank giveaway (huge link that takes up 3 lines of text). No, we will not remove a chat channel that removes spam that many many people complained about.

Muunkee, NuckleMuckle and Jalapenos like this.
  20. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

I was against trade chat until I realised I can do /ttoggle