1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

OCTKlein15's Helper to Mod App

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by OCTKlein15, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OCTKlein15

OCTKlein15 Meeper

In Game Name: OCTKlein15

Skype Username: OC_TKlein_15

Teamspeak Username: OCTKlein15 – Tyler

Mic Use: Yeah I use my mic :)

Timezone: Central

Hours online per weekday: 5-8 (I give as much free time as I have)

Hours online per weekend: 9-10

Position Change: Helper to Mod

Introduction:

Hello everyone my name is OCTKlein15 and I here today to apply for the position of Moderator! Okay so now a little bit about myself I was born and raised in Iowa. I am currently a sophomore at Iowa State University and my major is Computer Science with a minor in Sports Management. So now that you know me on an academic level I should probably tell you about some of the things I like to do in my free time. My absolutely favorite thing besides Minecraft and of course Breaking Bad is playing soccer. I coach three teams this year and I absolutely love it. I could go on for hours about how great it is but I don’t want to waste your time :p so now that you know a little bit about me I will now tell you why I think I should be Mod.

Why you should be Mod?

There are a few reasons I feel I should be promoted up to the moderator level and here they are.

1. Maturity: I feel maturity is a huge part of being staff because if you aren’t mature enough to walk away from a situation or know when you should stop talking then you shouldn’t be staff. This is where I feel I exceed expectations. When I was younger my mouth got me into a lot of trouble just saying stupid stuff and not thinking about it and I really learned a lot from my past in this aspect.

2. Experience: I know this one is very frowned upon by this community and you don’t want to see someone come in off the street and get Mod just based off experience and I respect that but hear me out on this. I feel experience is a huge plus and also very beneficial when being a staff member because past staff experiences has taught me so many things and lessons of what to do and also what not to do. I have had a ton of experience from Helper – Admin and I learned a ton from those experiences.

3. Quality of Work: This is a pretty simple one I don’t do anything unless I am going to put 100% into it. This means I won’t leave any modreq unfinished to my full ability and I always make sure

4. Amount of Upper Staff: This is pretty simply put the work load is too high for the amount of upper staff that we currently have. But I have to say they are doing a killer job but everyone deserves a break now and again.

Weaknesses:

School: So I know everyone has to go and I’m sure other people have parents that get mad if you get bad grades but I take school as a number one priority and there are a few reasons for this. If I do badly I have a chance to lose my funding for school part from my parents and then other parts from scholarships and I wouldn’t like to deal with that mess anytime soon. The other reason is because I would like to get a good job in future and make a life for myself just like anyone else. So if/when I get a bad grade I know I need to study harder so I buckle down and sometimes that effects my activity for a one or two days for study time and I hope all of you can understand this. But other than that I don’t feel I have any other big weaknesses.

Conclusion:

So now that I have told you guys about myself and why I feel I would make a good Mod but no matter what happens with this application I look forward to keep playing MeepCraft with all of you and having a great time.

Stay Classy Meep Type People - OCT

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  2. Notchbeard

Notchbeard Popular Meeper

I read your app and was like "lookin good" then I went in game and looked at your modreq count and was like "OMG MAKE HIM MOD RIGHT NAO" you have done like 1/4 of them and there are like 20 staff lol
    +1 give him Mod or in the words of Achmed "I keel YOU!" xD

3. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

+1

OCTKlein15 likes this.
  4. OCTKlein15

OCTKlein15 Meeper

Thanks guys and I would just like to say the edit was just adding a ":)" because I typed it up in word and it didn't come out right so yeah but thanks again guys

5. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

+<aside>

but srsly +1

6. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

I had my doubts about you when you first become a Helper. But seeing your activity and maturity among staff really increased my confidence in you. I'm +1 for this application. Keep up the great work.

Angela and OCTKlein15 like this.
  7. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

+1, although I wish you were more involved with the community.

Mjr_Minor likes this.
  8. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

9. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

10. DeathBunny55

DeathBunny55 Popular Meeper

A lot of staff do really good behind the scenes work. You are one of those people, +1.

Angela likes this.
  11. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

Either you are inactive, or we are in different time zones.
    +/-0.

12. Tasmiki

Tasmiki Celebrity Meeper

I don't know. I really don't know. I would give you a +0.5 due to everybody else's opinions but you are only a New Member on forums. I will go +0. Good luck!

13. SJP

SJP spicy jalapeno pepper Elder

+1 Based on personal experience. Definitely moderator material.

OCTKlein15 likes this.
  14. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

You are pretty hot. 10/10

Jackl01, Skaros123, nhjed and 4 others like this.
  15. metalsaturn

metalsaturn Active Meeper

16. CinnamonTiny

CinnamonTiny Popular Meeper

+0 since you're not active on the forums and you aren't very involved with the community; however you do a good job when it comes to modreqs!

17. nasapc123

nasapc123 Popular Meeper

Never had an issue with you - you have been a great helper. +1 form me

OCTKlein15 likes this.
  18. shains

shains never stop fighting

+1

OCTKlein15 likes this.
  19. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

+1
    I never hear anyone in shout chat that you aren't helping or trying to help. I loved the app, you have a great style that makes it feel like you are actually talking to me. Overall, just a great experience with you.

OCTKlein15 likes this.
  20. Akiratohiama

Akiratohiama Celebrity Meeper

OCT, you're cool beans, but I never really see you onlinez. Your app is good though. um um. yah. -/+0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.