1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

mentioning other servers

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Bloopers, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Bloopers

Bloopers Legendary Meeper

inb4 thread deleted for ads
    inb4 'ur just salty'

earlier i was talking about how i was on skywars on hy#$*#$ and how people were targetting me because of my username, and then i was warned by a staff member for 'please do not advertise' so i said something like 'i dont see how that was directly advertising' and then the staff member said 'you mentioned a server name which is not allowed' (quotes not exact)

1. i said the first two letters and 'bleeped' the rest
    2. everyone knows that server anyways(maybe 1% doesn't)
    3. are we really so scared of competition that we don't allow evening MENTIONING another server, which i'm sure everyone knows(like i said in #2)

tldr we should be allowed to mention other servers that are 10x bigger than us because people know it anyways and we shouldnt be allowed to mention servers that are about our size(300 players at a time?)
    of course we shouldn't ever say an ip

Toostenheimer likes this.
  2. Imperfectly

Imperfectly Celebrity Meeper

So your suggestion is to change the rule of:
    • No Advertising any other Minecraft server (An IP does not have to be included)
    to: No Advertising any other Minecraft Servers IP.

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong please.

3. Bloopers

pretty much, yes

4. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

We will perm or give you a 7day ban for mentioning an ip.
    We will warn you if you mention the name. Im confused why this is even a suggestion.

Pmx728 and junelawnchaired like this.
  5. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

I thought mentioning server names was fine now??

6. YEHAAAAAAAAAAAW

YEHAAAAAAAAAAAW Popular Meeper

I like how this specific rule changed over time so that meepcraft doesn't lose potential players.
    At first it was a perm ban no appeal, now that we're getting 200 people on a good day it's a 7 day temp ban and that's only if you mention the IP.

nath.banana and Ace like this.
  7. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

Doesn't the rule only apply if you advertise the server, not mention it?
    • No Advertising any other Minecraft server (An IP does not have to be included)
    Punishments should really only be dealt if you say in shout: Everyone join meepcraft.com!
    If you're just casually saying that server name in shout, or even saying an ip in msg to a friend, it should be fine.

I think that the rule should remain as:
    but there needs to be a definition on what advertising is, and that it does not include a casual mention in conversation, or when talking to a friend in msg (even if you tell them to join).

8. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

I agree with summrs. A warning is not that bad, plus this could easily be avoided by saying, "I was playing skywars on a different server and people were targeting me."

Summers likes this.
  9. benster82

benster82 Celebrity Meeper

Why even include 2 letters? Just say "a server I frequent" so no problems arise in the first place.

junelawnchaired and Summers like this.
  10. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

As long as I remember, mentioning a server was totally okay. We didn't warn, we didn't ban.

Advertising and mentioning were considered two different things. I guess times have changed then.

I can't really imagine "losing" people due to any of those two mentioned anyways.
    If you mention a server, everyone knows, people can relate.
    If you deliberately advertise a server, it only annoys people most of the time.

Warning someone for mentioning giants like HP, SB etc. etc., seems just like a Helper doing his "job properly".

inndev, KyloMeep, legendcaleb and 4 others like this.
  11. Bloopers

that's funny because about 3 months ago i swear people were going everywhere saying server names

"hey wanna go play some blabla on blabla"

12. iMelXP

iMelXP bean team

I'm that 1%, I didn't hear about any of the """big servers""" until I joined meep.
    It's not for competition lmao it's because there's no place for it here. It's unnecessary to say what server you were on specifically, especially in global. If you're talking to your friend over msg or smth we don't care, so if you're truly only mentioning it for the sake of casual conversation move your conversation to /m.

13. Bloopers

but why is there no place for it here
    i was talking about my username, and i brought up that people were targetting me because of it. i wanted people to know what server it happened on

also i found it very unlikely that you are in the 1%

if you are like most people, you found meepcraft via a server listing site, and if not, you have probably been on the server listing sites before and see the server at the top of the list with like 50,000 people on it
    but i will give you the benefit of the doubt

Toostenheimer likes this.
  14. benster82

benster82 Celebrity Meeper

In what parallel universe was this ok?

Pmx728 likes this.
  15. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

Ok, but the rule says advertising. Unless the player is actively trying to convince players to join that server, its not advertising. We held that rule under this guideline for so long, why was it changed to where you cant even mention the name? We already agreed previously that players don't actively pull others from meepcraft is not advertising. Advertising is directly supporting and pushing towards another server to players.

Draqq and Bloopers like this.
  16. HoF_Code

HoF_Code Popular Meeper

I guess this does annoy me also like one time i just said i was going to hy#$%*#, when i came back I got mail so I typed /mail read and thought it was my friends but then its this, "Klutchdecals: I almost perm banned you for advertising, please dont do that again" like wtf.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 15, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 15, 2015 ---
    I think that was a threat more than a warn

--- Double Post Merged, Dec 15, 2015 ---
    So then i have to deal with that crap if i need to go to another server.

17. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

I don't understand how mentioning server names is "advertising". I've mentioned server names before on the forums and in-game with no warnings.

And I thought mentioning server names was fine...

18. nath.banana

nath.banana Popular Meeper

One time, I said "I saw 'so and so' on (server name)." in shout, and I was permed.
    I don't know if rules have changed since then, but I still think server names should be allowed. As long as you don't put the IP or any specific information on the server (ex: how to join it).

19. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

''I saw Muunkee on meepcraft!''

If we pretend that meepcraft is some other server, all it takes is a single google search to find out what server I'm talking about.

This takes away players just like advertising does, on a smaller scale yes but still.

I don't think there should be any server names, IPs, anything allowed, at ALL, except if you're, say, msg'ing a friend.

20. LIAHKIM55

LIAHKIM55 Popular Meeper

I agree